Rangers fans doing us proud.

GWA

The point I was trying to make, was about the sort who use being Scottish as some sort of an excuse to be Uber British. "We're the Scottish ones, Celtic aren't."

Personally I don't see a problem in someone who takes pride in being both Scottish and British.

It's no less a valid viewpoint than any other on nationality.

It only becomes a problem if someone then starts acting like a complete muppet because of it.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me get one thing right here where I have no doubt some of those fighting will have been rangers fans the yes side where no angels in this scenario . After making my way down there at 5 o'clock after being informed there was a no party and meeting some of my mates . At first jovial banter and the two groups were not needed to be separated by the police with the unionist side even started singing flower of Scotland. As more crowds came in you could feel an atmosphere change in the air and sudden rumours started circulating of a green brigade/rangers casuals prescence in the area, although not confirmed I certainly have my suspicions this was the case. it was at this point a convoy started passing by and this where the flashpoints began as a smoke bomb was thrown at the unionists near the road, this resulted in a charge by some of the unionists who threw the smoke bomb back it was at this point the police intervened and created a divide which resulted in both sides using chants similar to that of the terraces on old firm day such as "born under a Union Jack" "rule Britannia" and some replies of "Brits out" and "ooh ah up the ra" from some on the other side.. It was at this point I and my friends decided f**k this shite , this has nothing to do with the referendum and is instead just rangers and celtic fans wanting a bit of a Barney.

Now I am just trying to give my honest view of what I saw, and how my friends interpreted the situation, anyone else who was their and feels their experience differed let me know as I maybe missed certain things. what happened afterwards I am unsure as we left at about 6.30pm so I can not possibly comment, the sights I seen were ridiculous by both crowds , one particular wee neddy looking b*****d on someone's shoulder in the yes side who kept pointing out random people and giving the face/throat slashing signal, and people continuingly trying to break police ranks . As for any flag burners on both sides , get a fucking grip.Not a good experience at all and was glad to get up to the other end of the city centre for a pint where me and my pals enjoyed a few drinks and chats with some random people who voted for both sides without wanting to beat the shite out of each other.

Let me get one thing right here where I have no doubt some of those fighting will have been rangers fans the yes side where no angels in this scenario . After making my way down there at 5 o'clock after being informed there was a no party and meeting some of my mates . At first jovial banter and the two groups were not needed to be separated by the police with the unionist side even started singing flower of Scotland. As more crowds came in you could feel an atmosphere change in the air and sudden rumours started circulating of a green brigade/rangers casuals prescence in the area, although not confirmed I certainly have my suspicions this was the case. it was at this point a convoy started passing by and this where the flashpoints began as a smoke bomb was thrown at the unionists near the road, this resulted in a charge by some of the unionists who threw the smoke bomb back it was at this point the police intervened and created a divide which resulted in both sides using chants similar to that of the terraces on old firm day such as "born under a Union Jack" "rule Britannia" and some replies of "Brits out" and "ooh ah up the ra" from some on the other side.. It was at this point I and my friends decided f**k this shite , this has nothing to do with the referendum and is instead just rangers and celtic fans wanting a bit of a Barney.

Now I am just trying to give my honest view of what I saw, and how my friends interpreted the situation, anyone else who was their and feels their experience differed let me know as I maybe missed certain things. what happened afterwards I am unsure as we left at about 6.30pm so I can not possibly comment, the sights I seen were ridiculous by both crowds , one particular wee neddy looking b*****d on someone's shoulder in the yes side who kept pointing out random people and giving the face/throat slashing signal, and people continuingly trying to break police ranks . As for any flag burners on both sides , get a fucking grip.Not a good experience at all and was glad to get up to the other end of the city centre for a pint where me and my pals enjoyed a few drinks and chats with some random people who voted for both sides without wanting to beat the shite out of each other.

What a steaming pile of utter shite

You are right I made it all up , I did not say it was a mass chant but their were a few who joined in. Now if you would like to back your claim up be my guest

To imply that the ugly scenes could simply be narrowed down to Celtic (Yes) vs Rangers (No) is utterly laughable and insulting to people on either side of the debate.

To imply that the ugly scenes could simply be narrowed down to Celtic (Yes) vs Rangers (No) is utterly laughable and insulting to people on either side of the debate.

Well that is what I witnessed on Friday and how it came across to me and what happened on Friday WAS an insult to either side of the debate. My experience was how I put it , if you do not believe me then so be it I could not give a f**k , but that is how it came across to me. Were you there and was yours any different if so explain because as I said I may have picked it up differently than from your perspective and I am willing to hear them

Well that is what I witnessed on Friday and how it came across to me and what happened on Friday WAS an insult to either side of the debate. My experience was how I put it , if you do not believe me then so be it I could not give a f**k , but that is how it came across to me. Were you there and was yours any different if so explain because as I said I may have picked it up differently than from your perspective and I am willing to hear them

Naturally if you scream abuse in someones face they're going to give some back. That's what I witnessed on Friday evening. Utterly deplorable acts of supreme idiocy from the unionist rabble rousers who were incessant in yelling disgusting abuse at Yes voters. People like you then started greeting when they responded with chants of Brits out, and others were even in denial over the very involvement of Rangers fans, who were acting like scum of the highest order by associating our club to their bigoted cause.

Naturally if you scream abuse in someones face they're going to give some back. That's what I witnessed on Friday evening. Utterly deplorable acts of supreme idiocy from the unionist rabble rousers who were incessant in yelling disgusting abuse at Yes voters. People like you then started greeting when they responded with chants of Brits out, and others even were in denial over the involvement of Rangers fans, who were acting like scum of the highest order by associating our club to their bigoted cause.

Excuse me I never greeted over anything, I know some on the unionist side acted ridiculously and not once have I denied it but I also don't have a blinkered view were the yes side were angels , the yes side through numerous missiles , including those signs with the old persons hand and the babies hand and a few smoke bombs and some took part in Northern Irish republican chants which "Brits out " is . As I have said what happened afterwards I can't comment on as I had left the area because what was happening was a farce. But whilst there I was disgusted by the actions of both sides who were crowding round the police lines.

So don't think I am on here sticking up for the actions of the unionist in George square as I am not . I am simply trying to give my view of the situation as I saw it

Excuse me I never greeted over anything, I know some on the unionist side acted ridiculously and not once have I denied it but I also don't have a blinkered view were the yes side were angels , the yes side through numerous missiles , including those signs with the old persons hand and the babies hand and a few smoke bombs and some took part in Northern Irish republican chants which "Brits out " is . As I have said what happened afterwards I can't comment on as I had left the area because what was happening was a farce. But whilst there I was disgusted by the actions of both sides who were crowding round the police lines.

So don't think I am on here sticking up for the actions of the unionist in George square as I am not . I am simply trying to give my view of the situation as I saw it

Fair enough :thumsup2

As did I was a shambles and pissed off for a pint up the other end of sauchiehall street away from it all

A couple of questions for ya F_B ?

A, Why the fcuk were you going to named for the day to "Independence Square" for people who were or voted "YES" regardless of the outcome ?

B, Were you wearing any Rangers related attire to show your obvious Britishness ?

C, Did you know or receive information that your mob were concentrating in numbers in George Square and then decided to show your support to your fellow fans in Scotland voting "NO" ?

A couple of questions for ya F_B ?

A, Why the fcuk were you going to named for the day to "Independence Square" for people who were or voted "YES" regardless of the outcome ?

B, Were you wearing any Rangers related attire to show your obvious Britishness ?

C, Did you know or receive information that your mob were concentrating in numbers in George Square and then decided to show your support to your fellow fans in Scotland voting "NO" ?

There was links on facebook that a no party was taking place and as far as I was aware the yes one was off. No I was not wearing any rangers related attire why the f**k would I , I had just finished work and was heading out for a few drinks anyway with some friends in the city centre who we decided we would go and check it out . The vote had f**k all to do with rangers and the only time you will catch me in a rangers top is at a game or playing 5s as I am not a 16 year old boy ffs.

There was links on facebook that a no party was taking place and as far as I was aware the yes one was off. No I was not wearing any rangers related attire why the f**k would I , I had just finished work and was heading out for a few drinks anyway with some friends in the city centre who we decided we would go and check it out . The vote had f**k all to do with rangers and the only time you will catch me in a rangers top is at a game or playing 5s as I am not a 16 year old boy ffs.

Just asking ffs, no need to get upset. :P

Funny thing though that the "NO" voters decided to gate crash George Square when it was declared to be "Independence Square" no matter what the outcome was, so the erseholes who showed up at George Square only had one thing in mind and that was ?, to goad the people who showed up for the "Independence Party" because the vote went to the "NO" campaign. The "NO" voters could have picked another spot to have their party instead deliberately heading to George Square because there would be folks who voted "YES", clearly it was always destined to head into a heated argument.

I don't support the team due to the high class nature of the fans :lol: I support Rangers because they're the team I grew up watching. I think we both know packing it in and supporting someone else really shouldn't enter the realms of consideration if you're a true football fan

so if you were brought up a Nazi as a child but learned what they stood for you should continue to support? Basic morality would demand you disassociate yourself , fascism is fascism as sectarianism is sectarianism and now illegal in most countries a dying breed .

Note they can no longer sing there favorite songs , ect extinction awaits .

Archived