Rangers fans doing us proud.

GWA

Feel sorry for the genuine Rangers fans and Rangers supporting Yes fans. It's not the club, but a generation who believe that this is acceptable. Will the cultprits be brought to justice? Probably not.

Although it was a terrible situation, had a laugh when someone tweeted, "Throw a Green Brigade banner in the middle and watch the Police run in heavy handed". Probably true enough :lol:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People will deny it but it's without doubt rangers fans causing trouble in George Square tonight. Things like this make me embarrassed to be Scottish and even more so a Rangers supporter. The abundance of Rangers strips on display is frightening. Absolute morons.

What I don't get is the fact that they won. Why cause trouble? Is it because Glasgow voted yes?

Dundee is probably next.

it is too simplistic to just point at rangers fans though.

Going by the videos and photos that i've seen a section of our fans are acting like complete (word which would get me banned)

Watching the scenes in George Square and other vids has left a nasty feeling in my stomach and find myself wanting to distance myself from a section of our support.

Losing the vote has left me gutted and the euphoria from a lot of our fans is hard to take.

I have to say Benny that section you mention contains a huge majority of the support at Ibrox despite their fragmentation into various rival groups who claim to have the clubs best interests close the their heart.

It sounds like England - the average fan is ok, but driven away from attending matches by the scum element. I've gotta say Rangers fans have gone way up in my estimation after reading this thread. There's no whataboutery, no "Celtic sing naughtier songs than us/support the wrong kind of terrorism so they're worse".

What I don't get is what's with these same thugs displaying banners saying "proud to be Scottish" and saltires at matches?! They fly them 1 night, and burn them the next?!

Going by the videos and photos that i've seen a section of our fans are acting like complete (word which would get me banned)

Watching the scenes in George Square and other vids has left a nasty feeling in my stomach and find myself wanting to distance myself from a section of our support.

Losing the vote has left me gutted and the euphoria from a lot of our fans is hard to take.

Good post Ben. I obviously supported 'No' but I know it's a sair yin for others who were on the opposite side. I know, too, that many Rangers fans voted 'Yes' and must be feeling, rightly, like you.

I'd no more consider going to George Sq with a Union Flag and singing "10 German Bombers" than I would making a ham and mushroom omelette smothered with diarrhoea sauce.

Sadly, though, we have a considerable number of triumphalistic bawsacks in our support .

Good post Ben. I obviously supported 'No' but I know it's a sair yin for others who were on the opposite side. I know, too, that many Rangers fans voted 'Yes' and must be feeling, rightly, like you.

I'd no more consider going to George Sq with a Union Flag and singing "10 German Bombers" than I would making a ham and mushroom omelette smothered with diarrhoea sauce.

Sadly, though, we have a considerable number of triumphalistic bawsacks in our support .

You won't have to worry about them for much longer, if that is their diet...

Being realistic

Do you really think these absolute a**holes would have acted any different if it was a YES victory?

They are born f*cking mindless thugs end of.

I shudder to think what it would have been like if the Square was full of YES revellers.

This doesn't just show Rangers in a bad light, but Glasgow as well.

Feel sorry for the innocents caught up in this and the Rangers fans I know, who definitely do not act like this.

Feel sorry for the innocents caught up in this and the Rangers fans I know, who definitely do not act like this.

The interesting thing is that very few P&B Bears got involved in the independence threads. Obviously I did and so too did Orlandoblue and Dorlomin. This isn't a surprise since all three of us regularly post in political threads.

However, none of us espoused especially pro-British ideas and the delightful thing is that not a single P&B Bear has started anything like a GIRFUY-type thread in the light of the referendum result. Indeed, all I have seen are expressions of embarrassment over the George Sq shenanigans.

P&B Bears? Classy as f**k and prefer football over schism.

Dundee is probably next.

it is too simplistic to just point at rangers fans though.

Yer arse...too simplistic, 110% that shower of vermin, witnessed it with my own eyes! Anyone with half a brain cell could identify them in a crowd of 1 million bodies rammed together! Deal with the rather obese orange elephant in the living room for what it is and quit meandering around the apathetically deluded fiction that has allowed these c**** to plague our society for decades!

It sounds like England - the average fan is ok, but driven away from attending matches by the scum element. I've gotta say Rangers fans have gone way up in my estimation after reading this thread. There's no whataboutery, no "Celtic sing naughtier songs than us/support the wrong kind of terrorism so they're worse".

What I don't get is what's with these same thugs displaying banners saying "proud to be Scottish" and saltires at matches?! They fly them 1 night, and burn them the next?!

That would just make you a different sort of nationalist twat who wants to bring politics into football.

Yer arse...too simplistic, 110% that shower of vermin, witnessed it with my own eyes! Anyone with half a brain cell could identify them in a crowd of 1 million bodies rammed together! Deal with the rather obese orange elephant in the living room for what it is and quit meandering around the apathetically deluded fiction that has allowed these c**** to plague our society for decades!

So if any of them weren't rangers fans, is that as much of a crime in your eyes?

Lets not forget how every single hearts fan attacked neil lennon. You're all to blame you know...............................................

Or you could have a rational viewpoint, not blame people for the action of others and make sure it was the actual criminal scum who got the blame.

However this is P&B and that sort of thinking will never catch on.

That would just make you a different sort of nationalist twat who wants to bring politics into football.

So if any of them weren't rangers fans, is that as much of a crime in your eyes?

Lets not forget how every single hearts fan attacked neil lennon. You're all to blame you know...............................................

Or you could have a rational viewpoint, not blame people for the action of others and make sure it was the actual criminal scum who got the blame.

:lol: Yes, criminals and Rangers fans go hand in hand, and that very much is a rational viewpoint!

Just returned home after what can only be described as thee most surreal night out I have perhaps ever experienced! I really don't know how to describe it or were to begin. I have never witnessed the extent of absolute carnage in the sense of physical attacks, as I saw tonight anywhere I've been in the world (and I have travelled central Europe and North/South America). The missus must of broke down 3 times as we dodged random assaults by what could only be described as Rangers (NO) supporters...or Rangers supporting Loyalist Nazi Ned vermin is perhaps best suited. Nazi salutes galore, all the racial hate anthems, screaming abuse at non white individuals, burnt saltire flags up and down Buchanan Street, approached twice and threatened with 'who did ye vote fur?' patter, must of passed about 4 smashed up cars off Merchant City and one on Queen Street, the main side window of Greggs smashed on George Square, girls/woman getting shoved around, combine that to the between 11-12 isolated acts of folk getting punched, kicked at heavy force...that was all in a short window of walking to our location and when we left! Like scenes from the abyss...these parasites know absolutely no ends of when enough is enough.

We had the divine opportunity to rid this social cancer from the land and leave them to suffocate in their own racist poison...but NO, some spineless yellow-bellied traitors wanted different, so don't any of you dare complain about this carnage, you have brought it on yourselves!

Just also reading on Twitter a 15 year old boy may have been stabbed to death as a results of these evil pigs!!

"some spineless yellow-bellied traitors wanted different"....,..

Sorry, but this statement makes you almost as bad as those you have just criticised.

Just returned home after what can only be described as thee most surreal night out I have perhaps ever experienced! I really don't know how to describe it or were to begin. I have never witnessed the extent of absolute carnage in the sense of physical attacks, as I saw tonight anywhere I've been in the world (and I have travelled central Europe and North/South America). The missus must of broke down 3 times as we dodged random assaults by what could only be described as Rangers (NO) supporters...or Rangers supporting Loyalist Nazi Ned vermin is perhaps best suited. Nazi salutes galore, all the racial hate anthems, screaming abuse at non white individuals, burnt saltire flags up and down Buchanan Street, approached twice and threatened with 'who did ye vote fur?' patter, must of passed about 4 smashed up cars off Merchant City and one on Queen Street, the main side window of Greggs smashed on George Square, girls/woman getting shoved around, combine that to the between 11-12 isolated acts of folk getting punched, kicked at heavy force...that was all in a short window of walking to our location and when we left! Like scenes from the abyss...these parasites know absolutely no ends of when enough is enough.

We had the divine opportunity to rid this social cancer from the land and leave them to suffocate in their own racist poison...but NO, some spineless yellow-bellied traitors wanted different, so don't any of you dare complain about this carnage, you have brought it on yourselves!

Just also reading on Twitter a 15 year old boy may have been stabbed to death as a results of these evil pigs!!

"some spineless yellow-bellied traitors wanted different"....,..

Sorry, but this statement makes you almost as bad as those you have just criticised.

Do explain

It would seem you are just as filled with hate as the cretins in George Square.

A thousand times this.

Constantly greetin about the twats in your support whilst doing f**k all about it is tacit approval.

What do you suggest I do about it?

Change team or, not saying it would be easy, but I would have expected some sort of fans group against sectarianism and bigotry to sprout up. That one hasn't speaks volumes for me.

I'm not saying it would be easy to change though, that's why I'd probably just sack it if it was me. If anything the events of the last few years seem to have made the lunatic "fringe" even worse.

In fact you wonder how many decent bears have driven away. I know a couple of 'fans' who wouldn't dream of going to games. That's pretty sad in itself.

Change team or, not saying it would be easy, but I would have expected some sort of fans group against sectarianism and bigotry to sprout up. That one hasn't speaks volumes for me.

I'm not saying it would be easy to change though, that's why I'd probably just sack it if it was me. If anything the events of the last few years seem to have made the lunatic "fringe" even worse.

In fact you wonder how many decent bears have driven away. I know a couple of 'fans' who wouldn't dream of going to games. That's pretty sad in itself.

Not sure I could bare the social ridicule for doing so.

The point I was trying to make, was about the sort who use being Scottish as some sort of an excuse to be Uber British. "We're the Scottish ones, Celtic aren't."

Archived