The 45

Spain

Are you sure about that?

I know US born citizens can't hold dual nationality, but i'm pretty sure if your country of birth allows dual citizenship then you're Okay...there's a guy i speak to who has UK, US and Canadian passports...

Its a completely invented story.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you sure about that?

I know US born citizens can't hold dual nationality, but i'm pretty sure if your country of birth allows dual citizenship then you're Okay...there's a guy i speak to who has UK, US and Canadian passports...

Yeah, I can still hold dual nationality. The first line of the oath --

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen

What is basically means is they expect you put America first. Whether you do or not is up to you, privately of course. I couldn't see myself hand on heart, reciting that oath in a newly independent Scotland. Next year, after 15 years, I lose the right to vote in UK elections.

Are you sure about that?

He's full of it. I know a few people that have dual nationality and one of their passports is American.

I told you not to annoy me further. Stop being a dick. I know it's hard, but try.

Your desperate scramble for relevance is noted.

You wont be here in a month. Dreadful aliases come and go.

You arent even an interesting wrinkle on the shit alias front. Your schtick has been done by others better.

Your desperate scramble for relevance is noted.

You wont be here in a month. Dreadful aliases come and go.

You arent even an interesting wrinkle on the shit alias front. Your schtick has been done by others better.

Unbelievable. Who the f**k do you think you are starting shit for no other reason than to be a complete moronic troll? f**k off and stop being an annoying p***k. Really. Just f**k off.

Haha.

Noticed you changed your avatar of the British tennis team.

Surely not to do with the Murrays and Fleming voting yay?

Nope.

Colin Fleming is a great guy. Played against him a few times when he was younger. Top bloke.

Perfectly entitled to vote Yes, as everyone else was. Democracy on action.

I know you hate the D word. Sorry to use it to early in the day.

That's my point. Many "No" voters believe in the same ideals as us, they've simply placed their faith in Westminster to deliver. It's all of our duty to stay engaged, and push one way or another. Westminster must be given it's initial chance, if not after that, we ride again.

And look how voting no turned out for us! Shafted by Westminster,again.

Have they delivered any of these so called new powers? Have they even got the backing of the rest of the Westminster mp's to push the new powers through?

Have they f**k. The are only interested in what's good for themselves and the English.

And look how voting no turned out for us! Shafted by Westminster,again.

Have they delivered any of these so called new powers? Have they even got the backing of the rest of the Westminster mp's to push the new powers through?

Have they f**k. The are only interested in what's good for themselves and the English.

Are you seriously suggesting you expected them to have delivered new powers in a day?

The idea has some merit but don't like the name or general delivery of it.

What we must do is retain the social media/grassroots type support to push for change. The young and those not completely dependent on traditional media are the people that can't be completly controlled like Labour does in their heartlands. Some kind of cross-party co-operative movement has to pick up the baton.

"The 45" is awful though. It's not about clinging on to what you did in 2014 forever. The people who wanted change within UK and are about to shafted; the people who felt ashamed of somehow abandoning Britain and are about to get boabied by Britain; those who felt too vulnerable to embrace chage - shouldn't be excluded out of spite.

It's a pathetic idea

It's akin to Hibs supporters wearing 5-1 badges IMO

"We tried out best , but we still lost"

When the f**k are many of the YES voters going to appreciate that many who voted NO also want a better Scotland but at this very moment in time, didn't feel confident enough to totally separate

from the rest if the uk?

It doesn't mean those who voted NO will again vote NO should there be another referendum, which many YES voters seem to think with happen

If we continue with all this them and us pish , all we'll do is drive a bigger wedge between the people of Scotland instead of trying to become united together

Eta apologies to Hibs fans but it's the only comparison I could think of ;)

It's a pathetic idea

When the f**k are many of the YES voters going to appreciate that many who voted NO also want a better Scotland but at this very moment in time, didn't feel confident enough to totally separate

from the rest if the uk?

It doesn't mean those who voted NO will again vote NO should there be another referendum, which many YES voters seem to think with happen

If we continue with all this them and us pish , all we'll do is drive a bigger wedge between the people of Scotland instead of trying to become united together

Can't believe how seemingly irritated you and a few other No voters have been since yesterday. Before you retort that so are we, aye I know obviously.

It's like you expected this inconveniance to instantly be over from the 19th and the national pysche of Scotland to return to the exact same state as before. For a good number of people, this Referendum has changed everything about their political ideas and personal identity. This 45 thing doesn't appeal to me at all but people aren't going to just give up on this. Get used to it.

The 'No' vote should be accepted entirely but only up to a point where it seems like Westminster is shafting Scotland as a whole. That is obviously a likely probability so I've absolutely nothing against people fighting for their beliefs before that happens as it's the only way possible to keep even a slither of the momentum from the Indy campaign.

Can't believe how seemingly irritated you and a few other No voters have been since yesterday. Before you retort that so are we, aye I know obviously.

It's like you expected this inconveniance to instantly be over from the 19th and the national pysche of Scotland to return to the exact same state as before. For a good number of people, this Referendum has changed everything about their political ideas and personal identity. This 45 thing doesn't appeal to me at all but people aren't going to just give up on this. Get used to it.

I appreciate the irritation and frustrations, but to me all this is doing is further compounding a them and us mentality.

Yes people are hurting and there's going to be an expecting "grieving" period, but we have to move forward.

If no voters started a "The 55" campaign it would be equally harmful

It's a pathetic idea

from the rest if the uk?

Too late for this Uk togerthness pish. I would say that for the majority of the yes vote that wedge is already well established. This is a trust issue. The UK has blown it big style.

Having been subjected to the full onslaught of politicians and media's lies/ smears and scare tactics I would not trust a word from any UK politician or any article in UK main stream media.

The fact that so many of my countrymen and women were taken in by it is hard. But I will reconcile with no voting friends and family.

However Westminster and its crumbs of devo nothingness can ram it.

Archived