The 45

Spain

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I put it up because I liked the idea of it I don't want Indy to just die down forever now and that's why I've done it, not to cause division.

I don't see the benefit instead of just keeping the "yes" though? Why deliberately highlight that you're the minority? Why highlight the division?

The 45 (of which I was 1) need to give this pish a rest. We need to now move on and push towards devolution together!

You're spouting the pish mate. There will be no more devolution. Thursday was the chance to make a difference. The 55 missed it, in fact ignored it, and the 45 are left to deal with consequences of the actions of others. Have you not seen the news today? Friday 19th was the day that Gordon Brown said the proces will start and it's the same day when English MPs have made it clear that Brown, Cameron and every other lying b*****d form Whitehall don't have a mandate, nor is likely to, to give the Scots anything. 24 hours in and it's up in the slates already.

Spain and the rest of the sycophants on here trying to take moral high ground and be 'democratic' are exactly why Cameron and the Establishment are laughing their heads off. They gave us enough rope to hang the Independence dream for ever and the Nos gladly obliged, took the King's shilling and opened the trapdoor.

There will be no further devolution. There will be no more referendum on Independence. Rebellious Scots to Crush.

You talk as though the promises are already failing (which they are). What do you expect "unity" will do when so many people in Scotland really don't care that they have been lied to?

That is one of the things that is making me really fucking angry about this sham. All these fucking I'm Alright Jacks partying like f**k but not really knowing what they're partying for and not seeing the way we are in the process of being well and truly shafted. Kicked when we're down. Scotland and the UK can suck my balls.

You're spouting the pish mate. There will be no more devolution. Thursday was the chance to make a difference. The 55 missed it, in fact ignored it, and the 45 are left to deal with consequences of the actions of others. Have you not seen the news today? Friday 19th was the day that Gordon Brown said the proces will start and it's the same day when English MPs have made it clear that Brown, Cameron and every other lying b*****d form Whitehall don't have a mandate, nor is likely to, to give the Scots anything. 24 hours in and it's up in the slates already.

Spain and the rest of the sycophants on here trying to take moral high ground and be 'democratic' are exactly why Cameron and the Establishment are laughing their heads off. They gave us enough rope to hang the Independence dream for ever and the Nos gladly obliged, took the King's shilling and opened the trapdoor.

There will be no further devolution. There will be no more referendum on Independence. Rebellious Scots to Crush.

Steady, I voted yes and I fully expect them to screw us. My point is we shouldn't alienate anyone, because if we can all mobilise again we can bring it back to the fore again soon, and with evidence that they really don't care and tried to screw us, we should hopefully be back in bigger numbers then. Protests, another landslide for the SNP, anything could kick it off after the inevitably fail us.

Steady, I voted yes and I fully expect them to screw us. My point is we shouldn't alienate anyone, because if we can all mobilise again we can bring it back to the fore again soon, and with evidence that they really don't care and tried to screw us, we should hopefully be back in bigger numbers then. Protests, another landslide for the SNP, anything could kick it off after the inevitably fail us.

I'll tell you what will come quicker. Legislation in Westminster that says any of the devolved countries that wants to apply for a referendum will have to have evidence of it's worthiness, Christ knows how that's achievable, that will be set at such a high bar it'll just never happen. It'll dangle away on a horse's hair and yet always be out of reach.

I struggle with the utter naivety of intelligent writers like you who seemingly can't see what's in front of your face. We had a unique chance this week. It was never meant to be this close. But we blew it and it'll never be allowed to be that close again. Knock your self out with protests, rallies, polls and whatever else makes you feel secure but we had a square- go with the British establishment this week, had them on the ropes and right at the bell let them go.

To be honest, I think there could be 20 referendums where Scotland is at the brink of a Yes, only for Westminster to dangle a carrot, and each time they get it yanked away from them after voting No.

Barely half a day after the result and it's all about what Westminster can do for England. Jesus Christ, they have had since 1997 to figure this out but it's suddenly a priority. Added to that, the sheer number of English MPs pretty much seals the deal on how much time will be spent of giving a few scraps to Scotland. I can't say I blame them either. After all, they are doing what is right for their own nation.

My green card was due to expire in October so I had to renew it for another 10 years at a cost of $450. US citizenship will cost me $700 but I was really hoping to avoid that since the oath of allegiance involves renouncing your own nation. There's no way I could have done that to Scotland. However, renouncing the UK will be one of the easiest things I'll ever do.

It's a fucking shame I feel that way, but there you go.

I'll tell you what will come quicker. Legislation in Westminster that says any of the devolved countries that wants to apply for a referendum will have to have evidence of it's worthiness, Christ knows how that's achievable, that will be set at such a high bar it'll just never happen. It'll dangle away on a horse's hair and yet always be out of reach.

I struggle with the utter naivety of intelligent writers like you who seemingly can't see what's in front of your face. We had a unique chance this week. It was never meant to be this close. But we blew it and it'll never be allowed to be that close again. Knock your self out with protests, rallies, polls and whatever else makes you feel secure but we had a square- go with the British establishment this week, had them on the ropes and right at the bell let them go.

You seem to be missing the point about how this democracy thing works. If the majority want it it will happen. Simples. If the majority of people in Scotland want Independence it will be achieved. The majority at this point in time don't want it.

Whatever laws are brought in (and they won't bring one in about future referendums) are you really paranoid enough to think it would or even could be enforced if the majority of people in Scotland want out. Could the government really use the UN right to self determination to keep Gibraltar and the Falklands but then ignore it to keep Scotland?

I know a lot of middle class voters who only voted no on the proviso of more powers and they will be angry if there are none forthcoming. It must be an even higher number amongst the working class. I would suggest a majority of undecided voters only voted no on that basis. If the promises are not met there will be mass anger from pretty much all of Scottish society. It's far from over mate.

ETA - I voted yes btw

Been in the industry since 1985. How about you, kid?

No you haven't.

You are one of the many dreadful aliases we've been infested with in the last few weeks.

If nothing else the end if this tired campaign will see you slither off under the rock you emerged from.

Tick tock

I know a lot of middle class voters who only voted no on the proviso of more powers and they will be angry if there are none forthcoming. It must be an even higher number amongst the working class. I would suggest a majority of undecided voters only voted no on that basis. If the promises are not met there will be mass anger from pretty much all of Scottish society. It's far from over mate.

ETA - I voted yes btw

We let them bend us over and shaft us in 1979 with barely a whimper. What makes you think 2014 will be any different?

The middle classes will have shiny baubles waved on front of them for years always just out of reach until this whole independence thing is forgotten about. As for the working class, when did any Westminster party give a flying f**k about them?

No you haven't.

You are one of the many dreadful aliases we've been infested with in the last few weeks.

If nothing else the end if this tired campaign will see you slither off under the rock you emerged from.

Tick tock

See this is part of the problem. Rather than address the point I raised about Westminster brushing the new powers aside, you just had to be a smartass.

But I can assure you all the IT stuff is legit, along with everything in my profile. No aliases. Just because you don't want it to be true, doesn't make it so.

See this is part of the problem. Rather than address the point I raised about Westminster brushing the new powers aside, you just had to be a smartass.

But I can assure you all the IT stuff is legit, along with everything in my profile. No aliases. Just because you don't want it to be true, doesn't make it so.

I've already said elsewhere i couldn't care less about new powers. I'd be quite happy if the SP was disbanded tomorrow. I didn't vote for it.

Its barely been 24 hrs since the referendum. The Scottish Parliament will get new powers.

And you are a fantasist Walter Mitty type. No one's impressed.

I've already said elsewhere i couldn't care less about new powers. I'd be quite happy if the SP was disbanded tomorrow. I didn't vote for it.

Its barely been 24 hrs since the referendum. The Scottish Parliament will get new powers.

And you are a fantasist Walter Mitty type. No one's impressed.

If you don't care, then why bother trolling me? I can see why you get it tight on here. You really are an attention seeking fucknugget. Get out of here and don't annoy me further.

My green card was due to expire in October so I had to renew it for another 10 years at a cost of $450. US citizenship will cost me $700 but I was really hoping to avoid that since the oath of allegiance involves renouncing your own nation. There's no way I could have done that to Scotland. However, renouncing the UK will be one of the easiest things I'll ever do.

Are you sure about that?

I know US born citizens can't hold dual nationality, but i'm pretty sure if your country of birth allows dual citizenship then you're Okay...there's a guy i speak to who has UK, US and Canadian passports...

Archived