Next Referendum

Scary Bear

The next one...  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like a matter of demographics really.

Think a Yes vote would be a total nap in 10-15 years. Only problem is the likelihood of WM allowing another one, on fair terms.

I suppose you have to wait a reasonable time for turnover of voters.

And for the effects of the forthcoming Tory government to be keenly felt.

So, I guess that referendum was quite as much of a "once in a lifetime opportunity" as we were all repeatedly and intentionally led to believe.

it was once in a lifetime for all the coffin dodgers they dragged out to vote no :lol:

:lol: The frustration from Yes voters is a comedy gift that just keeps on giving

A sizeable amount of the 45% that voted are the savvy, politically active, IT literate ones. As opposed to the 'silent majority' who are mainly scared to leave the house, or speak their mind.

It's going to happen. It's just a matter of time.

As I understand it, won't the SNP need a majority? And what's the likelyhood of that happening again?

I think they have half a chance in 2016. Depends how feisty the leadership campaign is. After that not so much.

They'll suffer from the natural reluctance to have any party in charge for too long.

Archived