What next for the Yes parties/movement?

Kejan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the funny thing. His political choices and HB's as well as a number of other No voting posters varies widely.

It is comforting to hear you spitting as you howl through your tantrum though. Offfft what must you have been like last week? :lol:

^^^ laughter smiley used = badly concealed seethe

I'd just like to echo a few posters on here, but to say there is not a chance the SNP will get drawn too deep into this commission.

We all know limited, extra powers will be the outcome.

It's plain to see there will be a lack of consideration caused by a lack of time, which will breed timidity in the discussions on the part of the unionist parties, as the desperation to reach a common agreement mounts - thanks to the arbitrariness of the time-table and the parties beginning to gear up for General Election 2015.

The outcome will be a handful of limited tax-raising powers, which Patrick Harvie ( :wub: ) has already described as simply the responsibility to carry out Westminster's plans.

The unionist parties are having a laugh if they think this will scratch any itch there is in Scotland.

In all likelihood, Sturgeon, Harvie and co. will simply point at the unionist parties' Smith commission results, as above, and identify that their claim, credibility, mandate to offer extra powers in exchange for independence is shot to pieces. Thus, completely rendering impotent a potentially powerful argument against independence next time round.

Referendum 2020, and good luck to No making further offers, vows, or whatnot.

Sturgeon will work towards making devolution work better for Scotland as she agreed to do when she agreed to abide by the democratic result of the referendum when she signed the Edinburgh agreement along with her then boss. She wont even include a referendum on independence in the next manifesto.

I'd imagine that while any manifesto in two years time may not specifically call for another referendum, I'll wager there will be enough wiggle room to allow one to be called.

I joined the snp on the basis that they have shown to be a party to be trusted in Scottish matters. I think we should now be campaigning towards devo max (since devo super duper king max © George Galloway has been offered). Should no further meaningful powers emerge in the next few years I think that would pave the way for another referendum.

Should the SNP have devo max in their manifesto? Would that be a possibility? It would be interesting to see how Westminster would react to that as it is clearly a popular concept in Scotland.

Westminster does not reflect the thoughts, hopes and aspirations of ordinary people. It does nothing for jobs or economic growth and widens further still the democratic deficit.

If Alistair Darling is the face of the United Kingdom, it's a pretty ugly nation. The political class is desperate to attack us because they are scared.

I'd imagine that while any manifesto in two years time may not specifically call for another referendum, I'll wager there will be enough wiggle room to allow one to be called.

There wont be one. I'm afraid Cameron shafted Salmond and Sturgeon with the Edinburgh agreement. You chaps STILL havent realised what he did to you. <_<

A: Set about destroying the rump Scottish labour party and its basis of activities in Scotland, while pushing through more and more powers to the Scottish Parliament by Holyrood majorities. And should Westminster seek to defy the majority of the Scottish vote at Holyrood (and there will, unquestionably, be a pro-indy majority again after 2016), then another referendum on at the very least a maximum devolution settlement would follow. Maximum including the oil revenues that are consistently kept off the table by Westminster.

A: Set about destroying the rump Scottish labour party and its basis of activities in Scotland, while pushing through more and more powers to the Scottish Parliament by Holyrood majorities. And should Westminster seek to defy the majority of the Scottish vote at Holyrood (and there will, unquestionably, be a pro-indy majority again after 2016), then another referendum on at the very least a maximum devolution settlement would follow. Maximum including the oil revenues that are consistently kept off the table by Westminster.

Yes. Devo max should be just that. Not devo and three quarters.

Full control of all revenue. Bin the block grant and Barnett. Pay Westminster a population % share of foriegn affair/ defence costs.

Yes. Devo max should be just that. Not devo and three quarters.

Full control of all revenue. Bin the block grant and Barnett. Pay Westminster a population % share of foriegn affair/ defence costs.

Sounds fair enough. We get to control our own affairs, they get to keep the United Kingdom. How could they possibly refuse?

There should absolutely not be another referendum on independence in the next parliament if the SNP get another majority.

If the majority voted against it in 2014 they're going to vote against it in 2020 as well.

A devo-max referendum worries me for a different reason, in that it surely entails all the so-called "risks" of independence that were played up by the No side.

There should absolutely not be another referendum on independence in the next parliament if the SNP get another majority.

If the majority voted against it in 2014 they're going to vote against it in 2020 as well.

A devo-max referendum worries me for a different reason, in that it surely entails all the so-called "risks" of independence that were played up by the No side.

Just .......get tae.... :shutup

Referendum should be put off the cards for the foreseeable future. Time to put pressure on the UK government for just now and get properly prepared and clued up for any future referendum right down to the last detail, get everything sorted out/discussed/get people on board before it comes up again (if it does).

Referendum should be put off the cards for the foreseeable future. Time to put pressure on the UK government for just now and get properly prepared and clued up for any future referendum right down to the last detail, get everything sorted out/discussed/get people on board before it comes up again (if it does).

You can't put pressure on a UK government while simultaneously removing a referendum from the table.

Archived