Broadcast News for Scotland

Confidemus

Yeh, that is fanciful stuff. I never heard this as a reason. It was always down to how it would affect them and their immediate families.

I suppose he could mean, what people think is best for the country, but is was mainly selfish reasons that I heard.

Hardly. First of all I will vote for what benefits me personally, but I'm unlikely to do this if I think what's best for me screws everyone else. If I had enough money for private health care, I'd still hold the NHS as an issue worth considering at the election.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the percentage of people who voted Yes. I think it's fair to say a fair number of them thought voting that way would be best for their own personal circumstances.

I would respectfully disagree. Yes voters think differently.

Berwick Mad is right. Blaming everything on the media and pensioners is almost Celtic esque in levels of always cheated never defeateds and takes away from the fact that a sizable chunk of the population weren't swayed or persuaded by the yes campaign.

Even without the scaremongering a large proportion of people would have voted to stay in the union. The energy should be put into persuading those people in the future. Blaming on outside influences breeds compacency: we would have won if it wasn't for x y and z implies that the work to persuade people has already been done and getting rid of x y z is all that we need to do next time, which patently isn't the case.

Majority didn't think that the Yes campaign had mitigated the risks and uncertainty around currency stability, to convince soft No's.

Yeah, the soft Nos had a hard enough time under the incessant pressure being applied by the combined media outlets, the establishment and big corporations.

Hardly. First of all I will vote for what benefits me personally, but I'm unlikely to do this if I think what's best for me screws everyone else. If I had enough money for private health care, I'd still hold the NHS as an issue worth considering at the election.

But that's you. Admirable as those feelings are, I'm not sure how many other No voters thought this way.

I was voting for what I thought would be better for everyone. The media told me I was wrong. The majority voted against it. That's life. It would have been nice to see if I was right.

Facebook is entertainment and in some ways that's comedic but in the case of Yes it's tragedy mixed in. It is really sad that deluded people believe that social media has a serious place anywhere other than discussing sport, music and cooking

You're so quick to dismiss Facebook as a platform for political debate yet here you are consistently arguing about politics on a fucking football website. Unlucks.

You're so quick to dismiss Facebook as a platform for political debate yet here you are consistently arguing about politics on a fucking football website. Unlucks.

:lol:

You got me. The reason I come on here is that i want to be heard along with the other members of the huge majority of "silent" closet Yes voters. If you could bottle irony, you'd be a billionaire even though you write posts that sound c**tish

Yeah, the soft Nos had a hard enough time under the incessant pressure being applied by the combined media outlets, the establishment and big corporations.

Only perhaps in the same way they faced a constant barrage of Yes noise on Facebook, Twitter and internet chat forums. The continual and repetitive 'Shouting and Telling' by Yes supporters probably had an adverse effect however.

Only perhaps in the same way they faced a constant barrage of Yes noise on Facebook, Twitter and internet chat forums. The continual and repetitive 'Shouting and Telling' by Yes supporters probably had an adverse effect however.

Yeah cos that's equal. People on twitter and facebook are an absolute whisper compared to the deafening roar of 97% of the print press, all the broadcast media, the establishment and every world leader and CEO Westminster leaned on.

:lol:

You got me. The reason I come on here is that i want to be heard along with the other members of the huge majority of "silent" closet Yes voters. If you could bottle irony, you'd be a billionaire even though you write posts that sound c**tish

I don't have a clue what you're on about here, I was just pointing out that you're slagging off Facebook as no place for politics whilst constantly posting about politics in a football forum.

Archived