Celtic vs Hamilton Accies - 05/10/14

Strachan wasn't hounded out of the club, despite you wanting this to be true, like I have said, he always speak so highly of his time at Celtic Park so I'm afraid that even if you are telling that lie often enough, it won't make it true.

Lies.

Already dealt with when Dhense Bhoy embarked on this disasterous line of fail. See below.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps we can consult the Celtic fanbase from the mists of time?

Here's a poll from 2008 - Strachan's last season.

Bear in mind, this is the man who was Celtic's best manager since Jock Stein, and who had taken the club to two last 16 Champions League clashes, and won the title for the last 3 seasons :lol:

29.4% of Celtic fans polled (226) wanted Strachan sacked even if he won the league (again).

17.2% of Celtic fans wanted Strachan sacked if the club didn't win the league (despite him having an unblemished record in the league to that point, unlike his much loved predecessor (Irish Catholic ))

Fewer than half of Celtic fans polled wanted their best manager since Jock Stein retained for the following season.

http://kerrydalestre...opic/8040525/1/

Unlucky bigots. The internet is a wonderful thing.

Perhaps some of the comments from just page 1 by the fans will bring a tear to the eye, in support of their much loved leader?

No option for 'years ago'...?

I resigned myself to the fact that we are stagnating about 18 months ago. I wouldn't have lost sleep about him going at any time since then, but I think the end of a season is the right time to make a managerial change.

I've gone for end of the season whether we win the league or not. (I'd prefer the former)

Ive said the end of season. therell be no money spent in Jan since we out of Europe, no point in changing while we still in poll position for the league, but i do think we need a change regardless of what we win this season.

He should see out the season and then go.

(in response to 'I've gone for end of the season whether we win the league or not.')

Me too. Which is what I said back in last march too.

The end of the season. Whilst we'll probably win the league, it would be in no part down to our dominance, but rather the bad state that the currant buns find themselves in. In my opinion we need someone with a better tactical awareness. It wont help our position if he were to go before the seasons end.

I've gone for at the end of the season,league win or no league win.

At the end of the season even if we win the league.

I accept that the football has been decent enough this season but I have no faith that it will continue to be so.

So, e14386.gif then e14453.gif .

Perhaps one of our bigots in residence would like to explain why 30% of the Celtic fanbase on one of their own websites, wanted Strachan sacked, even if he won 4 in a row.

I wonder what Scottish Protestant Strachan did to attract such ire? Which was completely absent in regard to his Irish Catholic predecessor, whose reign ended in ignominious failure at the hands of Alex McLeish and pals?

Perhaps we can consult the Celtic fanbase from the mists of time?

Here's a poll from 2008 - Strachan's last season.

Bear in mind, this is the man who was Celtic's best manager since Jock Stein, and who had taken the club to two last 16 Champions League clashes, and won the title for the last 3 seasons :lol:

29.4% of Celtic fans polled (226) wanted Strachan sacked even if he won the league (again).

17.2% of Celtic fans wanted Strachan sacked if the club didn't win the league (despite him having an unblemished record in the league to that point, unlike his much loved predecessor (Irish Catholic ))

Fewer than half of Celtic fans polled wanted their best manager since Jock Stein retained for the following season.

http://kerrydalestre...opic/8040525/1/

Unlucky bigots. The internet is a wonderful thing.

Ah yes, one poll from one website.....undisputed evidence that Celtic fans hounded him out. :rolleyes:

Must try harder H_B.

Actually, whilst we are on the subject of that website, I am sure you will be able to show me the quotes from the Celtic fans all saying they wanted him out for being a Scottish Protestant, I mean if it was so clear cut as you and the Morton fan are trying to portray then surely you will find these quotes with absolutely no problems whatsoever. Or could it be the sad fact you and said Morton fan are making a bigger deal out of him being a Scottish Protestant than the Celtic fans ever did?

Ah yes, one poll from one website.....undisputed evidence that Celtic fans hounded him out. :rolleyes:

Must try harder H_B.

Actually, whilst we are on the subject of that website, I am sure you will be able to show me the quotes from the Celtic fans all saying they wanted him out for being a Scottish Protestant,

Mmm, well. Bigots aren't that likesly to say "I'd just like to announce... I'm a bigot". I mean with the likes of you this isn't required - we can deduce that from your behaviour.

But how about you answer the question - why did 30% of the Celtic fans polled want Gordon Strachan sacked even if he won 4 in a row(along with his CL heroics)?

Mmm, well. Bigots aren't that likesly to say "I'd just like to announce... I'm a bigot". I mean with the likes of you this isn't required - we can deduce that from your behaviour.

But how about you answer the question - why did 30% of the Celtic fans polled want Gordon Strachan sacked even if he won 4 in a row(along with his CL heroics)?

Well, the bigots amongst the Celtic support aren't exactly quiet when it comes to the songs they sing now are they? So why would they go all shy on this subject? You say I am a bigot? Would you like to back up that statement please.

Strachan was never a popular choice amongst a section of the support, that I wont deny, but it was for a various number of reasons. Some didn't like his style, some didn't like him personally, some looked at the fact we rode our luck during the 3IAR season, others looked at the fact we had a chance to bury rangers but we allowed them to stop 4IAR, now, again I won't deny that no doubt there was fans who looked upon him as being an "outsider" and not of the Cellic minded mentality, my point is, which you do not seem to grasp, is he was not hounded out of Celtic Park. He was there for four years, and left of his own accord.

Strachan was never a popular choice amongst a section of the support, that I wont deny, but it was for a various number of reasons. Some didn't like his style, some didn't like him personally, some looked at the fact we rode our luck during the 3IAR season, others looked at the fact we had a chance to bury rangers but we allowed them to stop 4IAR, now, again I won't deny that no doubt there was fans who looked upon him as being an "outsider" and not of the Cellic minded mentality, my point is, which you do not seem to grasp, is he was not hounded out of Celtic Park. He was there for four years, and left of his own accord.

Right. Uh huh.

Martin O'Neill was sworded with ease by Alex McLeish embarrassingly over their 3 year overlap, won only a paltry 3 titles out of 5 and never managed to succeed in the Champions League.

Wonder what percentage of Celtic fans wanted Irish Catholic Martin O'Neill sacked during his final season "whether he won the league or not"?

So, just to summarise the above - 30% of Celtic bigots wanted Celtic's best manager since Jock Stein sacked in his final season, even if he won 4 in a row. Mmmm. Because they didn't like him as a person eh? R-i-i-g-h-t.

What is a "good Celtic man"?

:lol:

FFS give it up with the tediousness will you Standfree.

You know exactly what I am meaning, it is no big secret that a section of the Celtic support see this as the be all and end all when it comes to mangers and even at times, players. This makes no difference to my original points, being of the Cellic minded persuasion in no way makes you bombproof in the eyes of the Celtic support and it played no part in Strachan leaving.

Great result for Hamilton that result is the shot in the arm Scottish football needs,if they can win there then any team can.

Should make for a exiting season if they drop points there lets hope they get a run in Europe to and drop more points

Be great if another team put a good title challenge in and even took them to the second last day of the season

Would like another team to win it again but that is not going to happen not this year any how

Right. Uh huh.

Martin O'Neill was sworded with ease by Alex McLeish embarrassingly over their 3 year overlap, won only a paltry 3 titles out of 5 and never managed to succeed in the Champions League.

Wonder what percentage of Celtic fans wanted Irish Catholic Martin O'Neill sacked during his final season "whether he won the league or not"?

So, just to summarise the above - 30% of Celtic bigots wanted Celtic's best manager since Jock Stein sacked in his final season, even if he won 4 in a row. Mmmm. Because they didn't like him as a person eh? R-i-i-g-h-t.

Still waiting for you to back up your comment about me being a bigot.

Rangers under Alex McLeish, like someone pointed out, finished with 97 points and won the league on goal difference in his first title win, his second title came with 93 points and was won by a single point. Hardly embarrassingly easy.

Did I say the 30% wanted him out because they didn't like him as a person? No, I said there was a number of factors. If you really want to start twisting things around in a way to suit your Celtic perma-rage, then fire away, but unfortunately for you, it won't make your points any more accurate.

This makes no difference to my original points, being of the Cellic minded persuasion in no way makes you bombproof in the eyes of the Celtic support and it played no part in Strachan leaving.

So why didn't vast numbers of Celtic fans wish O'Neill to be sacked after Alex McLeish sworded him?

Remember your justifications above about :-

a) some looked at the fact we rode our luck during the 3IAR season - O'Neill didn't even manage 3IAR

b) others looked at the fact we had a chance to bury rangers but we allowed them to stop 4IAR, - see above.

Also - "others looked at the fact we had a chance to bury rangers but we allowed them to stop 4IAR"

Eh - the poll I linked to was from November in Strachan's last season. At this point he had won 3IAR and was going for 4IAR.

As you will recall (if you didn't have the brain of an amoeba) the 30% were just those who wanted Strachan sacked whether or not he won 4IAR. Many more wanted him sacked if he failed to win 4IAR.

Haven't seen the highlights or nor do I want too, :(

Well done to Hamilton Accies for really making the league look good at this point, things are really looking interesting and hopefully a few more fans out in the wilderness discontented at watching the yearly borefest which was a two horse OF race will return to the fold helping the chasing pack earn more money to keep up this fantastic race for the title.

This has got to be the best start to a top league as far as I can remember and is much more exciting than seeing Celtic romp away with it, make these fuckers at Parkhead work for the title I say and they will have to now.

Although Celtic sitting in sixth fucking place at the moment ???? sixth place after a quarter of the league has been played out :blink::lol: , my my that game in hand will need to be won and Partick now have a job to do to keep Celtic in mid table just for the lol.

Best season ever for Scottish football ?, we'll see.

Archived