Celtic vs Hamilton Accies - 05/10/14

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yet he left because he was hounded out of the club by Celtic fans, enraged by the fact that he wasn't sufficiently 'Celtic-minded'. A group that were delighted to see Tony Mowbray step into the breach left by his hated predecessor... which went well.

The Sectarian Top Trumps doesn't apply to the owners of the club - McCann disregarded Celtic's bigoted fanbase and was slated for it. The fans on the other hand stick rigidly to their preference for Irish catholic ex-players as managers, and judge their appointments on this basis.

Lawwell doesn't have the nerve to deny them though and Deila will be lucky to survive the end of November. Shame really.

Like I said, four years at the club, speaks highly of his time etc etc, but aye, "hounded". Incidentally, Mowbray was another Cellic minded manager who turned out not to be bombproof........you're really having a bit of a nightmare with this aren't you?

Ah so it is just the fans who play the Sectarian Top Trumps as you put it........yes, I see, that will be why fans were delighted to see the Cellic minded pair of Macari and Mowbray be shown the door, and why most were delighted nothing ever came with the talk of Roy Keane taking over, and appeared to be happy with the appointment of the non-Cellic minded Deila.

Again, nice try though.

Read on twitter that Celtic apparently hadn't lost a home league game in two years before yesterday's defeat. Is that right?

Yeah that sounds about right, think it was against Kille

Wow. I thought we were good enough for a draw here but this is the stuff of legends!

We weren't quite as strong as we have been in previous weeks but still displayed some silky passes and determination. I think watching the game yesterday confirmed that we deserve to be playing at this level. We held up to the challenge, they had a few good chances which were a bit nervy but to come away with 3 points Is an incredible feeling.

Cheers to the few Celtic fans who stopped to chat and congratulate us after the match too. Good lads.

Feeling the love from the squad at the moment, they really seem to appreciate our fans, there's a mutual support going on there.

Amazing time to be an Accie!

Just wanted to add congratulations to Hamilton - you guys must be in heaven right now. GIRU these p***ks who don't like smaller teams doing well; it's everybody's game, not just that of the established hierarchy. The last couple of seasons have felt like the start of another golden age for Scottish football, and you're our new leaders at the forefront :thumsup2

Ronnie MacDonald made a good point on the radio - he said there are lots of clubs with more fans and resources than Hamilton Accies, so why are they languishing in the 1st and even 2nd divisions (or whatever these are called this year)?

Scottish Clubs need to put their faith in good, young Scottish players and managers (good i.e. not Ally), brought through their own youth systems.

Imagine how competitive Scottish Football could be and the knock-on effect on our national team?

Was wanting it with that fhanny but you are on ... agreed.

Let's set rules, are we talking domestic competition only or do you want to include that European competition as a cup?

Bet already been taken ... but seeing as it's the same charity, you're also an ex-squaddie and I threw down the gauntlet towards you; okay bet accepted.

However in the order of fairness, I think you and Stoney should should donate an extra tenner each should I win ... :P

I'll happily donate a tenner to the RNLI and 20 to help for heroes if you win.

Will somebody take Anthony Stokes off us please, pretty please?

The guy is quickly becoming one of the worst Celtic players in recent memory. The guy does nothing right, he fucks up easy chances and he destroys countless moves with his shit decision making or poor execution of either passing or attempting to control the ball. I'm actually really starting to dislike the guy.

That said Delia needs to drop him, Commons, Johansen asap. All 3 have been absolute trash this season. Tonev looks a heartless w****r too. Still had 1 sub yesterday and elects to leave Scepovic on the bench and throw VVD up front instead. He's making bizarre decisions time and time again.

Personally i can't see the light at the end of the tunnel with this guy, he keeps saying he's learning and things will improve but personally im just not seeing it. I don't think it would be the worst move in the world to bin him now, but if we don't, his coat most be on a very shoogly peg now, this is getting rediculous.

Fair play to the accies, they did something we can't in taking chances and they deserved it.

Archived