Inverness Caley Thistle v Ross County - 05/10/14

RiG

This reminds me of a kid I knew at school. He was called Donald and he had special needs.

Whenever he saw my mate, who was also called Donald, he would say "haha! Donald Duck!" and laugh and point at my mate.

Utterly oblivious to the reality of the situation he had just created. But for those moments, he was happy, and I suppose that's what really matters.

So bash on guys, stay happy x

Quality > Quantity

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you really think if we'd won the league cup final last season - which we should have - it would have put more bums on seats through this season?

I doubt it very much. It pains me to admit that Bunglebonce's above description of a typical away day experience at the TCS is, sadly, very accurate.

It's not a very great home day experience either.

Yes I do. Hence why I typed it.

I take it the matchday experience in 1997 when we were getting 3,000 in the 3rd division provided a better matchday experience than now?

Yes I do. Hence why I typed it.

I take it the matchday experience in 1997 when we were getting 3,000 in the 3rd division provided a better matchday experience than now?

1997 was about when I started going regularly to the games and I used to stand on the terrace in the west part of the ground in good weather which in most cases due to the smaller ground capacity was nearly always packed and standing near the half way line we were close to the away support as well. I always thought that before the two stands were built the atmosphere was better simply because more people were standing and when supporters are standing they're closer to each other and when supporters stand they make more noise and behave more like a crowd rather than behaving as spectators or sweetie rustlers as we call them here.

If I also mind it cost £11 to stand on the terrace back then as well. It was very good value compared to now.

1997 was about when I started going regularly to the games and I used to stand on the terrace in the west part of the ground in good weather which in most cases due to the smaller ground capacity was nearly always packed and standing near the half way line we were close to the away support as well. I always thought that before the two stands were built the atmosphere was better simply because more people were standing and when supporters are standing they're closer to each other and when supporters stand they make more noise and behave more like a crowd rather than behaving as spectators or sweetie rustlers as we call them here.

If I also mind it cost £11 to stand on the terrace back then as well. It was very good value compared to now.

If you take inflation into account over that 17 year period, I think you'll find that a North Stand ticket for ICT at £21 is roughly the same value as now. So in ereal terms, football is no more expensive than it used to be.

If you take inflation into account over that 17 year period, I think you'll find that a North Stand ticket for ICT at £21 is roughly the same value as now. So in ereal terms, football is no more expensive than it used to be.

Not going to debate the levels of inflation here but the price of attending a game must have an impact on lower attendances than expected at some games. I have discussed with others on the main reason for Sunday's low attendance and granted some supporters had valid reasons but as the attendance figures show I believe its mostly apathy and laziness. I do know there used to be Celtic and Rangers fans that used to go to our bigger games but stopped because we started getting good, or so I've been told.

Typical ICT fan, not going to games. ;)

Just over on CTO reading about the attendances on a thread, I unaware that the County fans boycotted this match. What did we do to upset them this much?. :unsure2:

Just over on CTO reading about the attendances on a thread, I unaware that the County fans boycotted this match. What did we do to upset them this much?. :unsure2:

I just couldn't help it when you worded it like that.

To be honest, it's largely your stadium and it's location that's the problem. I don't attend as many away games as others at the moment (some will comment that last season and this I've almost been a no-show for most), but if it wasn't for the fact that it's so far to other grounds in comparison, ICT would be the least likely to feature on my away day list, despite being a derby. Your stadium really is that bad. Build yourselves a nice shiny new smaller and enclosed ground with 4 sides next to the new campus or behind VUE, with a pub and a stop for the train and you're onto a winner.

I just couldn't help it when you worded it like that. To be honest, it's largely your stadium and it's location that's the problem. I don't attend as many away games as others at the moment (some will comment that last season and this I've almost been a no-show for most), but if it wasn't for the fact that it's so far to other grounds in comparison, ICT would be the least likely to feature on my away day list, despite being a derby. Your stadium really is that bad. Build yourselves a nice shiny new smaller and enclosed ground with 4 sides next to the new campus or behind VUE, with a pub and a stop for the train and you're onto a winner.

Hopefully the council will help out with this...

Archived