General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always found him very pleasant.

:lol:

I know he relishes the pantomime baddie and shit stirrer role, but he's a c**t. At least Duncan Hothersall had the grace to apologise over Frenchgate.

I said 'some english c**t saying there we dont deserve any of their money'. He wasnt a c**t because he was English, he was a c**t that happened to be English, my sentence wouldnt of made sense unless I stated he was English.

Replace the word 'English' with the word 'black' and you see where the problem lies.

The fact that you're mentioning his nationality means that what you are doing is making an anti-English remark. I don't think its what you fully intended and I don't necessarily think you're anti-English but calling someone an 'English c**t' is definitely anti-English (in the same way calling someone a black b*****d is a racist comment).

Apologise, learn from it, and move on.

This shows just how much the Labour Party don't get it.

Sturgeon, Salmond, the SNP, and hundreds of thousands of their supporters do not want independence (or in this case more powers for Scotland) because it makes us richer. Its about the right thing to do. We can get control of our finances, our economy, our public services, our society.

They are so wrapped up in the political spin of giving the public what they want that they've forgotten that politics is not always about self-interest. Harvie touched on it last night - we need a wholehearted reevaluation of the kind of society we want.

Its got f**k all to do with the price of a barrel of oil!!

Sturgeon, Salmond, the SNP, and hundreds of thousands of their supporters do not want independence (or in this case more powers for Scotland) because it makes us richer. Its about the right thing to do. We can get control of our finances, our economy, our public services, our society.

They are so wrapped up in the political spin of giving the public what they want that they've forgotten that politics is not always about self-interest. Harvie touched on it last night - we need a wholehearted reevaluation of the kind of society we want.

OIL!!!!!!

OIIIIIIIIILLLL!!!!!

People don't care about an estimated £7bn worth of cuts?

People don't care about an estimated £7bn worth of cuts?

Over one year. When there was heavy investment.

The bigger picture tells a much different story. Come on, you can do better than that.

How many cuts are the Labour Party proposing when they stick with the Tory spending policies?

Labour aren't positioning themselves as anti-austerity. The SNP are saying they are opposed to austerity on one hand, but intend on delivering a policy which will require massive austerity on the other.

My old politics lecturer at Strathclyde, malcom mcdonald, used to quote the Dela Metri lyrics 'nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all... the needle returns to the start of the song and we all sing a long like before' to describe the drones voting labour in Scotland...

Well Malky boy.... Im quoting ol' bob.... 'times are a changing'

Labour aren't positioning themselves as anti-austerity. The SNP are saying they are opposed to austerity on one hand, but intend on delivering a policy which will require massive austerity on the other.

You've just answered a very important question!

Why are people in Scotland (and many others in the rUK) so disillusioned with the Labour Party that they won't win an election against a very unpopular Tory-Liberal coalition?

Because they're not opposing this politically-motivated austerity.

Mr Balls' visit to Glasgow comes two days after former Prime Minister Gordon Brown spoke in the city, which had been considered a Labour stronghold for much of the last century but backed independence in September.

He will claim the only alternative to Tory austerity is a UK Labour budget after the general election and set out three reasons he believes a vote for the SNP is one for "extreme" Tory austerity.

Archived