General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBC website rightly making the point that a Tory majority will see the changes to the boundaries that the Boundry Commission recommended. This could mean a Tory majority for decades.

They will also roll out English Votes for English Laws (EVEL) at Westminster.

The absolute dream scenario for me.

Complete SNP whitewash beyond my wildest dreams, but not tied to a shitty coalition that could potentially have damaged their reputation. Probably pretty impotent in the face of a Tory majority but able to vote with integrity against Trident etc, and hopefully set up for the next steps on our road to independence - ever-increasing membership, a big result in 2016, and the possibility of a game changing referendum on Europe.

I'd rather not have the Tories in power, but as we have no say whatsoever over that, this is the best scenario I could have imagined and should absolutely drive home in folks' minds that we are just so, so politically different from the rest of the UK.

Brilliant to see Murphy, Alexander, Curran and Donohoe all getting the chop.

Let's face it, Labour aren't going to recover from this any time soon.

Indyref 2 incoming?

They'll have to come back as The Labour just to try and fool a few thickos 8)

The absolute dream scenario for me.

Complete SNP whitewash beyond my wildest dreams, but not tied to a shitty coalition that could potentially have damaged their reputation. Probably pretty impotent in the face of a Tory majority but able to vote with integrity against Trident etc, and hopefully set up for the next steps on our road to independence - ever-increasing membership, a big result in 2016, and the possibility of a game changing referendum on Europe.

I'd rather not have the Tories in power, but as we have no say whatsoever over that, this is the best scenario I could have imagined and should absolutely drive home in folks' minds that we are just so, so politically different from the rest of the UK.

Brilliant to see Murphy, Alexander, Curran and Donohoe all getting the chop.

^^^ This. Word for word. Post of the night. Needs more greggies tho

Just listening to Ed Balls after losing his seat - as Hugh Edwards said, a very gracious speech. Fair play to him.

Stayed up until 12 last night, at that stage there had been only a handful of seats declared, and none in NI, but the exit polls were predicting an SNP landslide. I thought "Aye, it'll be like the referendum predictions". How wrong I was!

The SNP are to be congratulated on their unprecedented success, and it will be interesting, to say the least!, what happens next. Well done to the SNP.

On a parochial note, pleased with the NI results.

Tony Benn once said 'If you offer people the choice between two Conservative parties don't be surprised if they choose the real one". That's what happened with Labour, they gave there core voters in England and Wales nothing to get excited about. Tory Lite.

Tony Benn once said 'If you offer people the choice between two Conservative parties don't be surprised if they choose the real one". That's what happened with Labour, they gave there core voters in England and Wales nothing to get excited about. Tory Lite.

To be fair, most people are blaming Labours swing to the left.

Just imagine how different it could have been if the LibDems had not jumped into bed with the Tories 5 years ago. Cameron would have had to operate as a minority, probably some of the worst excesses would have been curbed, and Clegg would have been seen as the man holding them accountable.

Of course we wouldn't have had the Fixed Term Parliament Act ( FTPA) so there may have been another election. I wonder if the FTPA will be scrapped by a Tory majority government? It hamstrings the PM.

Labour's main problem is the UK being a highly conservative country. A party that has been slashing away at the state for five years and is openly planning to be more brutal next time has just pulled their pants down and given them the full length. That's with the boundaries completely in their favour as well.

Their trying to be all things to all men, inconsistent hypocrite approach has failed miserably in the one place that is politically completely different but everywhere else they've just lost because they're not the Tories.

Daily Mail seething at UKIP got more votes then the SNP but only got a single seat :D

Ha! GIRUY.

Just another argument for independence.

We could've voted 50 Labour mps and it wouldn't have made a difference. It's not an equal partnership.

Archived