Hollyrood 2016

Desert Nomad

I'll more than likely go SNP/Tory next year.

EDIT: Actually, no. I'm in Angus and not Dundee for Scottish Parliament so I'll probably go Tory/Tory.

Why are you a Tory? And how do you feel about the fact that every single time the Tories are in power millions of poor people are guaranteed to become poorer, disabled people and their carers will become poorer and more children will be forced to grow up in poverty?

Are you just dead inside? Do you just not care about these things?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you a Tory? And how do you feel about the fact that every single time the Tories are in power millions of poor people are guaranteed to become poorer, disabled people and their carers will become poorer and more children will be forced to grow up in poverty?

Are you just dead inside? Do you just not care about these things?

I hold right of centre views, which I feel the Conservative party best represent me.

I hold right of centre views, which I feel the Conservative party best represent me.

Okay, but do you just not care that the poorest and most vulnerable people in society ALWAYS suffer under Tory rule? That's not likely its guaranteed, as ideologically the policies they eschew can only hurt the poor.

Do you just not care about that? In the last five years a million children have been plunged into poverty due to Tory policies. Think about that, a million children out there growing up in poverty who wouldn't be if the Tories weren't in power. How do you feel about that?

Disabled people committing suicide, the poorest and most vulnerable in society suffering while the richest prosper. Do you genuinely just not care about that?

I've always wanted a Tory to justify that to me, none have ever been able to. How do you reconcile it?

Aye you're a selfish, self centred little c**t.

And you notice, like all Tories, when I challenged him about the policies he supports bringing misery to millions of poor people and hurting the most vulnerable in society he had no answer and just went away.

All the remaining Central Belt MSPs who weren't claimed the last time are fucked. Could never really rule out a stray Glasgow seat sticking to life's losers but even then 9/9 seems likely.

All the remaining Central Belt MSPs who weren't claimed the last time are fucked. Could never really rule out a stray Glasgow seat sticking to life's losers but even then 9/9 seems likely.

I just don't see how a single seat in west central Scotland could stay Labour after what we saw last week. They got absolutely pumped rotten even in places like Coatbridge and Rutherglen.

So, so pleasing.

Aye you're a selfish, self centred little c**t.

At least you're consistent with your irrational hatred of me. For someone who preaches that everyone should be nice to everyone and that the right thrives on the politics of division, you should take a leaf from your own book.

And you notice, like all Tories, when I challenged him about the policies he supports bringing misery to millions of poor people and hurting the most vulnerable in society he had no answer and just went away.

I've not been online since I last posted. Sorry I didn't schedule my day around responding to you, the person who holds pedophiles in higher respect than Conservative voters.

I'm not going to argue against the fact that not everything that has been done by the Tories is good. Frankly, I'd be concerned if anyone thought that about their own party. But I also reject the notion that Tories, and people who lean right in general, are a party solely for the rich who want to send fluffy bunny rabbits to death camps (just foxes).

I accept that poverty is a huge issue, especially that of child poverty. As far as I'm aware however, poverty is currently going down and the Conservatives have a fantastic record of job creation - which is an important way in tackling the likes of poverty. There are more people in work than ever before as 2 million jobs have been created, 80% of these I believe being full time.

I also don't agree that the state should steal your money. So I support the Tories based on their record of low taxation. No one on minimum wage will pay income tax and they have ruled out a rise in income tax, NI and VAT. So people have more money to put back into the economy.

There's a reason that the Conservatives won a majority on Thursday and increased their votes in many ConLab marginals. People believe that the Conservatives are the party for aspiration working class voters. Combine that with the fact that over the past 5 years, the wealthiest 1% pay around 30% of tax and the highest paid 3,000 people contribute more than the 9m lowest paid people, I don't think you can argue that the Tories are solely the party of the rich.

I'm also a big advocate for as little state intervention as possible, where I think we far outperform Labour and the SNP in that regard. Though I do have certain reservations about the so-called 'Snoopers Charter'.

I think there are things that we can do better, but in terms of things like managing the economy I believe that the Conservatives are the best party for that.

You're not going to agree with anything I said, but that's partly why I lean more towards the Tories than any other party.

At least you're consistent with your irrational hatred of me. For someone who preaches that everyone should be nice to everyone and that the right thrives on the politics of division, you should take a leaf from your own book.

I've not been online since I last posted. Sorry I didn't schedule my day around responding to you, the person who holds pedophiles in higher respect than Conservative voters.

I'm not going to argue against the fact that not everything that has been done by the Tories is good. Frankly, I'd be concerned if anyone thought that about their own party. But I also reject the notion that Tories, and people who lean right in general, are a party solely for the rich who want to send fluffy bunny rabbits to death camps (just foxes).

I accept that poverty is a huge issue, especially that of child poverty. As far as I'm aware however, poverty is currently going down and the Conservatives have a fantastic record of job creation - which is an important way in tackling the likes of poverty. There are more people in work than ever before as 2 million jobs have been created, 80% of these I believe being full time.

I also don't agree that the state should steal your money. So I support the Tories based on their record of low taxation. No one on minimum wage will pay income tax and they have ruled out a rise in income tax, NI and VAT. So people have more money to put back into the economy.

There's a reason that the Conservatives won a majority on Thursday and increased their votes in many ConLab marginals. People believe that the Conservatives are the party for aspiration working class voters. Combine that with the fact that over the past 5 years, the wealthiest 1% pay around 30% of tax and the highest paid 3,000 people contribute more than the 9m lowest paid people, I don't think you can argue that the Tories are solely the party of the rich.

I'm also a big advocate for as little state intervention as possible, where I think we far outperform Labour and the SNP in that regard. Though I do have certain reservations about the so-called 'Snoopers Charter'.

I think there are things that we can do better, but in terms of things like managing the economy I believe that the Conservatives are the best party for that.

You're not going to agree with anything I said, but that's partly why I lean more towards the Tories than any other party.

Is there any chance you can show me the difference in weekly paychecks between the 3000 highest paid and 9m lowest paid people?

Is there any chance you can show me the difference in weekly paychecks between the 3000 highest paid and 9m lowest paid people?

I believe they earn 12% of all wages, but pay 27% of all income tax. So I don't think you can argue that they don't pay their share.

I believe they earn 12% of all wages, but pay 27% of all income tax. So I don't think you can argue that they don't pay their share.

But all this does is highlight the gap between the rich and the poor. I've got no problem with anyone making good money. Hell, we all want a little more, right?

There comes a point though, when the gap gets so big that it starts to run away. A 3% pay rise means little to someone on minimum wage. For the CEO of a large organization, it's a lottery win. And then there's the bonuses that they pretty much assign to themselves.

If the top 3,000 earners are making 12% of all wages, then something has gone severely lop sided. The UK isn't the same country as it was when I left 15 years ago.

But all this does is highlight the gap between the rich and the poor. I've got no problem with anyone making good money. Hell, we all want a little more, right?

There comes a point though, when the gap gets so big that it starts to run away. A 3% pay rise means little to someone on minimum wage. For the CEO of a large organization, it's a lottery win. And then there's the bonuses that they pretty much assign to themselves.

If the top 3,000 earners are making 12% of all wages, then something has gone severely lop sided. The UK isn't the same country as it was when I left 15 years ago.

Sorry, I should point out that the statistic was for the top 1% rather than the top 3,000, but I understand what you're trying to say.

What percentage would they put in if they paid what they were supposed to pay?

There is no defence for the super rich. Not morally anyway.

I would prefer a wee bit less government intervention in the financial industry.

I also don't agree that the state should steal your money.

Yeah, well I don't believe in bullshit soundbites created for morons I'm afraid, so we're at a bit of an impasse here. It's always funny to see someone posturing on such utter nonsense - Ad Lib, our more experienced posters will recount, once aired similar bullshit views. Now, via the all-too-predictable phase of edgy libertarianism, he has slithered into the camp of the Busted Flushes. A choice that is at least more genuinely fitting for his own personal brand of political fail.

You've already slithered away from Farage's lot so I would put good money on you ending up meeting Ad Lib among the Busted Flushes' dwindling branch office in the very near future.

Archived