Glastonbury 2015

Ziggy

Your opinion or not, that is just absolute and utter nonsense.

I can think of several dozens of Kanye songs that could be singles in their own right and he could play live to get the crowd going, if it was Foo Fighters playing I'd probably f**k off once they'd played the intro to Everlong.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can you be serious? West and his whole 'calalogue' of expletive ridden street beats needs dropped on the dark side of the moon and nuked from space. I will happily be the mission commander.

You've clearly never actually heard his music. "Street beats" ffs :lol: , he's one of the least "street" rappers about.

You could argue the case of your favourite artist forever, no matter who they are, Yassin.

The fact of the matter is that contrary to your previous point, despite this being Kanye West's 'time', he has not been around nearly long enough to have anything near a 'back catalogue' or career comparable with the Foo Fighters.

It's a pointless debate though that will never end until both are retired and their achievements can be compared.

Chalk and cheese, non story.

ETA: And if you were to f**k off after the intro to Everlong I'm sure there wouldn't be a shortage of people to move into your spot.

You literally throw poo at people and are one of the forums resident roasters, so it is no surprise that you also happen to be a Foo Fighters fan.

They're boring as all hell, apart from a few hits it's essentially Nickleback levels of pish. Kanye is on a whole other level.

I watched Kanye West with a totally open mind and was actually looking forward to see if he lived up to all

the hype.

If a glorified karaoke , where the singer / person talking , uses the "F" and "N" words for effect to make a heap of shit sound vaguely interesting and controversial is your thing, well that's up to you.

In my opinion, he was totally fucking rank.

That was my third Glastonbury and it was as good as ever. I'll admit I was slightly underwhelmed with the line up heading down in the car but went with an open mind as it's not all about the headline acts at Glastonbury.

Trying to explain the festival to people is quite difficult. For a start the area is fucking huge. All walks of life are on show and generally there is very little agro despite there being nearly 200000 people there.

We did the cheats camping this year. Pre-erected worthy view site with showers ect. Travelling all that way trying to find a spot with a car load of year is a chew and part of the glastonbury experience in I don't miss.

We did and seen so much stuff I'm not going to list it but a few highlights as follows.

Cribs

everything everything

Motorhead

The Libertines (still didn't know it was them until they walked on stage)

Florence

Macabees

death cab for cutie

Ryan Adams

alt j

Lionel Ritchie (biggest crowd of the weekend)

public service broadcasting

So Im not a Kanye fan but I'm open minded enough to give him a shot. Went along with my mate and the crowd beside us were pumped before he came on. Kanye came on stage and opened well. The lights were intriguing at first until kanye started to moan about the height it was set at. After that the set went rapidly down hill. I left after 7 songs. It just got so boring and he appeared to have put as little effort into preparing the show as possible. My mate said it didn't get any better and was laughable at times. I went to glade stage and caught public service broadcasting who were excellent. Hopefully this is the last we see of kanye west at Glastonbury.

Doom has well and truly set in this morning and look forward to the ticket chase in October.

You could argue the case of your favourite artist forever, no matter who they are, Yassin.

The fact of the matter is that contrary to your previous point, despite this being Kanye West's 'time', he has not been around nearly long enough to have anything near a 'back catalogue' or career comparable with the Foo Fighters.

It's a pointless debate though that will never end until both are retired and their achievements can be compared.

ETA: And if you were to f**k off after the intro to Everlong I'm sure there wouldn't be a shortage of people to move into your spot.

He's been around for years. David Bowie went to his shop.

He's been around for years. David Bowie went to his shop.

post-4731-0-15382500-1435650146_thumb.jp

Leftfield utterly smashed it. Easily the best act there. One of the fire stewards was a Motherwell lassie and got chatting to her for a bit, ironically we ran into each other again at the Chemos but she was totally wasted by that point.

Of the rest Altern8 on the Arcadia was like Armageddon kicking off to an old skool rave set! The Chemos were good but too much noodling between tracks, Sleaford Mods were awesome, The Egg, Freestylers, Way Out West and Dub Pistols were all pretty good, caught a bit of Patti Smith and fuming I missed most of it because she is such a goddess.

Charlatans were a bit pish, but I think it was just the sound set up on the Other Stage. Slamboree were their usual good fun and had Beans on Toast with them so that went well after the Chemos.

Actually I reckon most of this was not on TV and people wont have heard of them.

Anyway good times.

Edited, Mungos Hifi was also a good 2 hours of fun. Some people might know them from Glasgow.

Four Tet was enjoyable without really being outstanding.

But...but...the headliners etc! Surely festivals are only judged by the headline acts? And surely there aren't loads of different stages with hundreds of different acts?! The confusion..

This. I'm a big Foo Fighters fan and could reel off songs of theirs I think are great, just as fans of Kanye West could do.

I watched his set at the weekend. It was alright, fairly entertaining in some places, fairly poor in others. I kept flicking between channels. If you were a big Kanye West fan I could see why'd you love it. I'm not a big Kanye West fan (I only have one his albums, Late Registration, which is quality) so didn't love it. Conversely I watched the Foos set at the Radio 1 Big Weekend and thought it was really good, but I can see why non fans wouldn't have thought so.

I caught some of Lionel Ritchie and thought it was dreadful, but then I don't like any of his songs and find him and his tunes exceptionally boring and bland, so I was never going to like it. I don't really get the big hype about such acts at Glastonbury. By this I mean folk like him and Dolly Parton. I despise Dolly Parton so wouldn't have went near the stage during her set if I was there, but these sort of acts always seem to hugely popular. It's quite bizarre as there are loads of other acts on at the same time that I would have went to see were I there. In fact having looked at the line up I would have been running all over the place trying to catch different bands all the time. No way would I be wasting time watching an artist/band I don't like.

Just surfaced after another awesome Glastonbury. People arguing about the headliners are missing the point about what makes Glastonbury so good. I spent way more time in the late night areas than I did in front of the Pyramid, but that's normal for me as I've only ever watched 3 pyramid headliners and I've been 10 times.

Some of the highlights for me were-

Father John Misty - Had never seen him before and didn't expect such a energetic show. He is an awesome front man.

The Libertines - but that was probably due to nostalgia and the surprise, rather than it being a great performance.

Chemical Brothers - it was a bit stop start at the beginning but when they got going it was as good as they usually are. Nearly turned into a bit of a nightmare though when I fell over and very nearly headbutted the fire that we had started.

Vaccines - I'm not really into the vaccines but they have a fair amount of catchy tunes and it was a fun way to bounce through an afternoon.

Alabama 3 - Friday night was a nightmare for clashes and I think there was about 4 things I really wanted to see. In the end I took the lazy option and went to see this mostly because it was in the Glade. A brilliant stage that is really close to were I camp. A fusion of Acid House & Country music - what's not to love!?

Disappointments -

Deadmau5 - I've never seen the Other Stage as empty for any other headliner and was able to walk to fairly near the front without any effort at all. I was a bit 'confused' whilst watching him but I'm fairly sure he took off his stupid mouse helmet and then proceed to sit down, have a beer (corona I think), then have a fag and just wonder around the stage looking like he couldn't give a f**k. It sort of killed it for me.

Belle & Sebastian - I used to love B&S but hate their last album. Watching them this year, including a bizarre rant about Scottish Politics and how everyone is Scottish even if you're not Scottish was so bad that I took off the B&S t-shirt I was embarrassed to be wearing and deposited it in the nearest long drop.

I'm going to sound like a grumpy old b*****d but I think there seems to be a lot more fannies going to Glastonbury these days and there's more of a Reading/Leeds or TITP feel to it at times. I nearly got into a bit of a scuffle after telling some guys that were camped close to us to stop pissing on someone else's tent. For revenge I wanted to have a shit in their tent but my wife made me behave myself (Booooo!).

I'll be trying for tickets for next year but if I get them I'll probably hire a Tipi.

Deadmau5 - I've never seen the Other Stage as empty for any other headliner and was able to walk to fairly near the front without any effort at all. I was a bit 'confused' whilst watching him but I'm fairly sure he took off his stupid mouse helmet and then proceed to sit down, have a beer (corona I think), then have a fag and just wonder around the stage looking like he couldn't give a f**k. It sort of killed it for me.

I saw the highlights and that's what he did. They also had a guy dressed as a shark and a guy dressed as a palm tree cavort around as well.

I actually thought it was decent, but that was just the highlights. Closed with 'Strobe' (shorter mix, not the full thing) which was quality as ever.

I saw the highlights and that's what he did. They also had a guy dressed as a shark and a guy dressed as a palm tree cavort around as well.

I actually thought it was decent, but that was just the highlights. Closed with 'Strobe' (shorter mix, not the full thing) which was quality as ever.

Parts of it were brilliant but I just thought it killed the mood when he did that. I just stopped dancing and stood there wondering why?

Parts of it were brilliant but I just thought it killed the mood when he did that. I just stopped dancing and stood there wondering why?

He doesn't do much live or off the cuff now. His show is "produced" as it were. The light show etc. match up to what's being played so it doesn't leave much room for doing anything off the cuff.

Also he seems like a smarmy w****r.

Just surfaced after another awesome Glastonbury. People arguing about the headliners are missing the point about what makes Glastonbury so good. I spent way more time in the late night areas than I did in front of the Pyramid, but that's normal for me as I've only ever watched 3 pyramid headliners and I've been 10 times.

Some of the highlights for me were-

Father John Misty - Had never seen him before and didn't expect such a energetic show. He is an awesome front man.

The Libertines - but that was probably due to nostalgia and the surprise, rather than it being a great performance.

Chemical Brothers - it was a bit stop start at the beginning but when they got going it was as good as they usually are. Nearly turned into a bit of a nightmare though when I fell over and very nearly headbutted the fire that we had started.

Vaccines - I'm not really into the vaccines but they have a fair amount of catchy tunes and it was a fun way to bounce through an afternoon.

Alabama 3 - Friday night was a nightmare for clashes and I think there was about 4 things I really wanted to see. In the end I took the lazy option and went to see this mostly because it was in the Glade. A brilliant stage that is really close to were I camp. A fusion of Acid House & Country music - what's not to love!?

Disappointments -

Belle & Sebastian - I used to love B&S but hate their last album. Watching them this year, including a bizarre rant about Scottish Politics and how everyone is Scottish even if you're not Scottish was so bad that I took off the B&S t-shirt I was embarrassed to be wearing and deposited it in the nearest long drop.

I'm going to sound like a grumpy old b*****d but I think there seems to be a lot more fannies going to Glastonbury these days and there's more of a Reading/Leeds or TITP feel to it at times. I nearly got into a bit of a scuffle after telling some guys that were camped close to us to stop pissing on someone else's tent. For revenge I wanted to have a shit in their tent but my wife made me behave myself (Booooo!).

I'll be trying for tickets for next year but if I get them I'll probably hire a Tipi.

Father John Misty is great live. His bass player was wearing a spangly cape when I saw him touring the first record. It was a great set.

• 3 weeks later...

Think i wanna go to this next year, just from googling i see that you need to register for tickets and pay a £50 deposit. Not sure exactly where you register though? Can anyone tell me the likelihood of being successful with getting tickets and any other general information about going that i should know at this early stage? Thanks in advance

Think i wanna go to this next year, just from googling i see that you need to register for tickets and pay a £50 deposit. Not sure exactly where you register though? Can anyone tell me the likelihood of being successful with getting tickets and any other general information about going that i should know at this early stage? Thanks in advance

f**k, you cry enough about festivals you don't attend. What are you gonna be like if you do make it?

Archived