Glastonbury 2015

Ziggy

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Kanye West has now been confirmed as the Saturday night headliner.

Good stuff, biggest rapper out there, no shortage of tunes and an ego to handle the occasion. Line up already looks more interesting than the last couple of years.

Bollocks.

But then again, I think I've been 10 times and have only ever seen 3 headliners on the Pyramid Stage. (McCartney, Blur & The Rolling Stones)

Kanye West has now been confirmed as the Saturday night headliner.

Kanye West's live show is dull as ditchwater. There's just him, wearing a mask, quite possibly miming and then going off on a contrived rant. Some of his better songs are great when blaster through massive amps.

I think it's a very bold announcement just a few weeks before people have to pay the outstanding balance on their tickets.

It might be quite easy to get tickets in this years resale.

It's Jay Z and Metallica all over again. All the "rock" fans seem to forget the festival started as a jazz and blues gig. He'll own Glasto and you can bookmark this.

It's pretty much the most diverse festival in the UK, which makes me wonder why so many people are complaining about it's diversity.

Erm, I don't think people are complaining about it's "diversity", I think it's more the fact that Kayne West is an utter disrespectful c**t. If he doesn't respect other artists from what they do then he shouldn't be anywhere near a festival never mind headlining one of the nights.

Hopefully loads of stinking hippies and youngsters out their face launch bottles of piss onto the stage!

Folk who claim to be music lovers but pour scorn on everything that doesn't contain three guitars and a drum-kit are insufferable. They're up there with Youtube commenters who disregard anything made after the 80s. I bet a large number of people who signed that petition also signed the Clarkson petition...

Kanye is huge, but mainly among 15-20 year olds who aren't really the main demographic for the festival. Will still sell out though.

It's pretty much the most diverse festival in the UK, which makes me wonder why so many people are complaining about it's diversity.

I agree. If you think you won't have fun at Glastonbury unless you like the headliners on the Pyramid Stage then you really can't be appreciating it for all the things that make it so special.

Folk who claim to be music lovers but pour scorn on everything that doesn't contain three guitars and a drum-kit are insufferable. They're up there with Youtube commenters who disregard anything made after the 80s. I bet a large number of people who signed that petition also signed the Clarkson petition...

Kanye is huge, but mainly among 15-20 year olds who aren't really the main demographic for the festival. Will still sell out though.

Your "15 - 20 demographic" comment is pretty bullshit to be honest. I'd imagine a large portion of those that have bought Kanye West records rests in 20 to 30 year olds really. Can't say I know many 15 year olds (BEAST) but many at my age (25) who are fans.

Your "15 - 20 demographic" comment is pretty bullshit to be honest. I'd imagine a large portion of those that have bought Kanye West records rests in 20 to 30 year olds really. Can't say I know many 15 year olds (BEAST) but many at my age (25) who are fans.

My younger brother and all his mates seen to like him but I don't know that many people who do (I'm 22). Hardly scientific, but that's what I was going on. You're probably right though.

I've always viewed Glastonbury as sort of mid-twenties and upwards festival whereas T in the Park / Reading + Leeds etc. mainly cater for folk in their early twenties / late teens. Having never been to Glastonbury I don't know how accurate that perception is.

Glastonbury is that big there is no general demographic. You get a lot of the younger crowd at the main stages and more of the older crowd at the more diverse stages. Not saying the two are exclusive but around the Pyramid and Other stage there does seem to be more of a crowd that you'd also see at TITP and Reading & Leeds festivals.

When you consider The College Dropout is 10, nearly 11 years old the comment is nonsense. I'd love to see Kanye at Glasto, I think he'd put on a top notch show.

Archived