So what's happening with the anthem this weekend?

So what's the craic with the anthem this weekend?  

197 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sing it loudly as ever because a referendum on the constitution has nothing to do with how Scottish I am.

Though I do think it's a shit song. I would prefer something like Highland Cathedral.

Go suck Milibands boaby and get off the Scottish national team section bawbag

To the original question I dunno if I'll sing it, really hit home when even my mum said what will they sing at Scotland games now on the 19th, if she as someone who knows f**k all about or cares about football thinks we would look like fuds imagine what the opposition will think. The no vote truly has been embarassing, no voters and the 90 minute Scots can go take a run and jump when it comes to the national team, should wait till 2016 and fork out the cash to support team GB in Rio.

Wouldn't it be great if Flower of Scotland was belted out loud as f**k by everyone because they're there to support the national football team instead of acting like a bunch of fucking pussies going to a game with a political agenda. The referendum is history and fucking irrelevant to the game.

It wasn't a vote for any political party. It's 100 percent not irrelevant, it's a Scotland NATIONAL team game and we have voted AGAINST becoming a nation. Why do we deserve a national team?!?!?

Wouldn't it be great if Flower of Scotland was belted out loud as f**k by everyone because they're there to support the national football team instead of acting like a bunch of fucking pussies going to a game with a political agenda. The referendum is history and fucking irrelevant to the game.

I think the vast majority of people share your view and will sing it as loudly as ever. I doubt most folk have any desire to bring politics into international football in Scotland.

It wasn't a vote for any political party. It's 100 percent not irrelevant, it's a Scotland NATIONAL team game and we have voted AGAINST becoming a nation. Why do we deserve a national team?!?!?

The vote wasn't on the continuation of the Scotland national team therefore it is irrelevant.

I think the vast majority of people share your view and will sing it as loudly as ever. I doubt most folk have any desire to bring politics into international football in Scotland.

You've obviously not been to any games the last year. Stuck in that wee bubble of yours.

Sing it loudly as ever because a referendum on the constitution has nothing to do with how Scottish I am.

Cool, except the Scotland national team and this particular political event are directly linked, as it's the "national" team. Political issues affecting the identity of a nation have manifested themselves in national sports teams on many occasions. We aren't talking about some uppity club supporters pretending to be the guardians of social justice, we're talking about people who don't know if they can call their national team the representation of a nation.

If politics and sport shouldn't be mixed then why would you even give a f**k if it was FOS or GSTQ, or whether the team you supported was even a Scottish or a British one? I guess if it comes to the point where they're deciding to scrap the Scotland team and form a GB one (which would be more than fair enough) you'll be completely uninterested either way? After all, "I doubt most folk have any desire to bring politics into international football".

No it was totally 100 percent relevant. Why do we deserve a national team when we chose to be a region of the UK?

We didn't chose to be a region of the UK.

In what way is it relevant? We have a national team whilst being part of the Union and have done before the vote and still do after the vote. We have a national team whether we 'deserve' one or not.

Cool, except the Scotland national team and this particular political event are directly linked, as it's the "national" team. Political issues affecting the identity of a nation have manifested themselves in national sports teams on many occasions. We aren't talking about some uppity club supporters pretending to be the guardians of social justice, we're talking about people who don't know if they can call their national team the representation of a nation.

If politics and sport shouldn't be mixed then why would you even give a f**k if it was FOS or GSTQ, or whether the team you supported was even a Scottish or a British one? I guess if it comes to the point where they're deciding to scrap the Scotland team and form a GB one (which would be more than fair enough) you'll be completely uninterested either way? After all, "I doubt most folk have any desire to bring politics into international football".

The vote wasn't about being Scottish, it was about whether we wanted to leave the union. The team represent Scotland, that is true whether we are independent or still part of the UK. 'Flower of Scotland' is the song which represents Scotland in sporting (and other) events, and in the context of a football match is about supporting the football team that represents Scotland. How does our membership of the UK alter that? It never has in the past, why does the referendum change that?

Jmothecat is a fucking willy I wouldn't bother trying to get into a conversation with the boy after seeing his posts on the referendum. Brainwashed labour lover. All no voters should abstain from the national side, it's MORE than just a football team which they obviously don't seem to realise.

So hypothetically - What if you were made aware that the whole national squad, Strachan, his coaching staff etc and every person at the SFA had voted YES??

Would you still have the same narrow-minded, dummy-spat, and ultimately PATHETIC attitude towards supporting Scotland??

What's pathetic about my attitude to supporting the side, I'll be at every game home and away, I'm not a hypocrite no voter.

Uh huh... Pretty poor deflection attempt.

I said 'loosely translated' not 'Here is a direct quote of exactly what you said'.

So no son, it's you who doesn't get it. Regardless of whether Scotland is governed from London or Edinburgh, I will sing Flower of Scotland at the football. Because I'm Scottish, proud of it, and getting behind my team and country in a footballing environment, where I will not be giving a f**k about politics.

I'll get behind the team but I'll not be singing that song knowing 55 percent of the Scottish population would rather a government in another country (same country now to be honest) controls Scotland.

No voters singing;

'We can still rise now and be the nation again'

post-14721-14125513151353_thumb.jpg

Archived