So what's happening with the anthem this weekend?

So what's the craic with the anthem this weekend?  

197 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Away and take yer face for a shite

lol, typical response from a sectarian supporter.

WATP hahahahaha should change your chant to WITP (where is the people) going by your dwindling attendances.

At Least Ibrox will be packed out for a change on Saturday when the biggest Region in the Union come to town, i`m sure that will keep DA PEOPLE happy.

Is it just football that Scotland shouldn't be allowed to have a team for, or all sports? What about rugby?

It shouldn't exist in the first place, scrap that first

I've never been a fan of Flower of Scotland but following our decision to secede sovereignty to a foreign nation - I find a huge contradiction in "and to be a nation again".

Well guess what? We were offered that and we said "no". Therefore the song is even more irrelevant now than it was before.

You could argue it is more relevant now than ever before, given that 45% of the electorate wanted independence - far more than in previous years.

I've never been a fan of Flower of Scotland but following our decision to secede sovereignty to a foreign nation - I find a huge contradiction in "and to be a nation again".

Well guess what? We were offered that and we said "no". Therefore the song is even more irrelevant now than it was before.

England is not a foreing nation and has not been for 307 years

1320Lichtie: Stop embarrassing yourself, you absolute moron.

Make your point, without this "i'm a better person than you" style that you've adopted here. Others have done so.

What people voted is entirely up to them - it's not for you to question and is entirely irrelevant to a football game.

Voting Yes doesn't make you a better person than someone voting No - same the other way around.

Get over yourself.

1320Lichtie: Stop embarrassing yourself, you absolute moron.

Make your point, without this "i'm a better person than you" style that you've adopted here. Others have done so.

What people voted is entirely up to them - it's not for you to question and is entirely irrelevant to a football game.

Voting Yes doesn't make you a better person than someone voting No - same the other way around.

Get over yourself.

And when did I say that I was better than someone? :lol:

I think the vast majority of people share your view and will sing it as loudly as ever. I doubt most folk have any desire to bring politics into international football in Scotland.

Politics is why nations and international football exist.

Go suck Milibands boaby and get off the Scottish national team section bawbag

To the original question I dunno if I'll sing it, really hit home when even my mum said what will they sing at Scotland games now on the 19th, if she as someone who knows f**k all about or cares about football thinks we would look like fuds imagine what the opposition will think. The no vote truly has been embarassing, no voters and the 90 minute Scots can go take a run and jump when it comes to the national team, should wait till 2016 and fork out the cash to support team GB in Rio.

You've obviously not been to any games the last year. Stuck in that wee bubble of yours.

Jmothecat is a fucking willy I wouldn't bother trying to get into a conversation with the boy after seeing his posts on the referendum. Brainwashed labour lover. All no voters should abstain from the national side, it's MORE than just a football team which they obviously don't seem to realise.

What's pathetic about my attitude to supporting the side, I'll be at every game home and away, I'm not a hypocrite no voter.

Just a handful of examples where you're tone of post makes you look like you think you're above No voters.

There's plenty more.

You've been insinuating it on pretty much every one of your posts.

As i said, get over yourself.

You're making yourself look pretty silly.

No I have not. I do not think I am better than anyone else.

I do however find it strange that No voters think politics has nothing to do with international football and still fully expect us to have a national team when we really have no right to one.

ETA: Also think No voters saying they will still sing FoS is absolutely ridiculous.

No I have not. I do not think I am better than anyone else.

I do however find it strange that No voters think politics has nothing to do with international football and still fully expect us to have a national team when we really have no right to one.

We really do, though.

You're taking a very simplistic outlook on this, if you think that voting No doesn't entitle us to continue with our National team - despite having it for over 100 years.

I understand that you're still on the verge of tears from the result, but talking like you're above people makes you look like a bit of a tit.

We really do, though.

You're taking a very simplistic outlook on this, if you think that voting No doesn't entitle us to continue with our National team - despite having it for over 100 years.

I understand that you're still on the verge of tears from the result, but talking like you're above people makes you look like a bit of a tit.

Simplistic? How? Theres been calls for it before? We compete as Team GB in alot of other things.

I do not think I am above anybody. I just dont understand how people cannot see the two (politics and international football) are related, they clearly are.

Verge of tears? Long past that stage, more disillusioned and confused with the 55 than anything else. And theyre my views, not as extreme as what I have said but you can get the jist of it. If that makes me look like a tit to some so be it. I think others views make them seem like a bit of a tit too.

Simplistic? How? Theres been calls for it before? We compete as Team GB in alot of other things.

I do not think I am above anybody. I just dont understand how people cannot see the two (politics and international football) are related, they clearly are.

Verge of tears? Long past that stage, more disillusioned and confused with the 55 than anything else. And theyre my views, not as extreme as what I have said but you can get the jist of it. If that makes me look like a tit to some so be it. I think others views make them seem like a bit of a tit too.

We've had a National team for over 100 years - 100 years of being in a Union.

One referendum isn't going to change that. Stop using the referendum as an argument to losing our National team - i doubt it's going to happen.

Archived