So what's happening with the anthem this weekend?

So what's the craic with the anthem this weekend?  

197 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the no's want to be a nation again....but i thought they voted so they didn't want to be a nati.....oh shit

Looking for rational thought from the NO camp? How dare you.

A nation before the referendum a nation now. No change there!

^^^^ A tube before the referendum, a tube now. No change there!

A nation before the referendum a nation now. No change there!

No nothing will be the same again for the first time the Scottish people had the chance to stand on their own two feet but bottled it= not a nation

I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of old pros voted No to be honest. They're probably happy with their lot in life so why change it?

I read this post without reading the proceeding one and wondered how we had got onto the subject of the voting actions of ageing prostitutes.

I'll be at every game but the Georgia away one. I'm not letting the no voters ruin it for me, I find it hypocritical that they are supporting the side and singing the anthem though as I have stated. Renton has summed up my feelings remarkably well.

I'm about to make you fucking rage... :P

post-38855-0-61176600-1412805180.jpg

You gotta love the tears and snotters from yes voters! Can't accept a democratic vote?

Accepting the vote means accepting all of the consequences of the vote, one of which is that the previous status quo is not viable: The way folk relate to the idea of Scotland as a nation in the absence of statehood will obviously be different after haven chosen to turn their backs on that potential statehood, than they would before that when all those possible futures existed together, as it did for those centuries where the people had not been given that democratic choice.

A lot of doth protesting going on with the "you can't tell me not to support the team!!", "just accept the result!!!" etc etc.

Here's the thing cuntos, nobodies telling you what you should do or denying the result. You support whichever football you want, I for one won't be supporting the Scotland football team because the idea of us even calling it a nation now embarrasses me but that's entirely up to me.

I suspect there will be quite a large sense of apathy towards the Scotland team now but I don't really care if there is or isn't, I'm just not interested in supporting them. No point greeting if everything doesn't go back to the same as before lads, it won't. Deal with it.

People can sing what they want irrespective of how they voted, it is after all a football match and FOS is a song sung to get behind our team. However, make no mistake about it, the song is an expression in believing Scotland can be a nation that supports and defends itself and in doing so is worthy of the name. So if you voted no, deep down inside you will know that you have a severe brassneck, even if you display no glimpse of that to the outside world. In an ideal world it would be total riddy material.

The Scottish National team is the only meaningful thing we have independent from the rest of the UK. Same with England,Wales and NI. Westminster doesn't pick this team.

We have different education, health treatment and politics but obviously we know what the nation ( region attached to England ) chose.

I believe the National Anthem should have been changed no matter what the referendum result was. I couldn't ever imagine us singing Flower Of Scotland against England after voting NO. Toe curling stuff but we have to accept it.

I reckon the Tartan Army will get right behind it to be honest, as a sign of defiance. After a few beers nobody will either not give a toss or sign it louder with rage.

Personally I am not going to give in to the SFA, ridiculous pricing. I'll be watching this at my pals house who is a member of the travel club who isn't going for the same reasons.

I don't think I'll be singing the national anthem ever again.

Accepting the vote means accepting all of the consequences of the vote, one of which is that the previous status quo is not viable: The way folk relate to the idea of Scotland as a nation in the absence of statehood will obviously be different after haven chosen to turn their backs on that potential statehood, than they would before that when all those possible futures existed together, as it did for those centuries where the people had not been given that democratic choice.

Again, ignoring the fact that the SNP have stood in General Elections for decades.

The path to statehood wasn't hidden from people. We could have voted for SNP MPs en masse. We didn't.

Because.... as the referendum proved conclusively, we have no interest in secession.

Again, ignoring the fact that the SNP have stood in General Elections for decades.

The path to statehood wasn't hidden from people. We could have voted for SNP MPs en masse. We didn't.

Because.... as the referendum proved conclusively, we have no interest in secession.

No interest? So 100% voted no, did they?

Archived