Any lunatics still thinking Messi is the best?

Mr Romanov

Cough cough...

maradona-diego-maradona-203753_350_252.j

The biggest myth in football :lol:

The defence conceded less than a goal a game, and Maradona only scored one more than one of his team mates (who played at Real Madrid). His whole contribution to the team was worse than Platinis in the Euros just two years before, which is never mentioned. He was the standout player, but its the equivalent of claiming Messi wins leagues for Barca single handed

Not his fault Argentina were pish

Great run at the end that played Lavezzi in for the pass to Higuains sitter, that goes in everybody would've been bigging him up

Fact is Chile were the better team, one man can't win a game for his team, he was bang average but so were his teammates. Messi takes the blame though as usual

That's what I find so strange about all this. Messi creates the best chance for either side - the biggest moment in the 90 mins, even in the 120 mins. If Higuain scores with his incredibly simple chance, Messi is the hero who turned the game for Argentina. But Higuain missed - so Messi is somehow the villain.

It was a similar story at the WC as well. Sometimes he just needs his teammates to do the simplest of things. If Higuain could finish then Argentina would be world and south american champions.

Looks like the usual wallopers have come out of hiding :lol:. How on earth was messi anonymous, he had a great tournament. He had a hand in every single goal Argentina scored in the demolition of Paraguay, he completed the most dribbles in the tournament. He was the only Argentina player who turned up at the final, scoring his penalty and creating the golden chance at the end, every time he got the ball he got fouled.

Argentina are really becoming the bridesmaid, they need to sack martino, bang average manager who should never have been given the job in the first place. I don't think tevez or higuain should be selected again, especially higuain who if he'd kept a cool head Argentina would be world and copa champions. I'd put vietto and dybala in the next squad.

the_saints_are_coming :lol:

Imagine being so myopically infatuated and biased to an individual footballer (not even a team, an individual player) that you can't accept when one of their peers outperforms and surpasses them, and can't give that peer any credit whatsoever, even when they deserve it. What a strange existence.

the_saints_are_coming :lol:

Imagine being so myopically infatuated and biased to an individual footballer (not even a team, an individual player) that you can't accept when one of their peers outperforms and surpasses them, and can't give that peer any credit whatsoever, even when they deserve it. What a strange existence.

This. How bitter must you be as a person to constantly try to find flaws in the best player of all time :lol:

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

In what way did his nonexistent performances at the Copa America deserve credit? Just to clarify, wanking over ordinary performances because you are so myopically infatuated and biased to an individual player (not even a team, an individual player) is acceptable, but pointing out how average he was on the big occasion yet again makes me strange? Bizarre post. Messi fanboys are hilarious.

Did he have an average tournament? That's funny, because according to statistics website whoscored.com he he had more man of the match awards than anyone else, 1st equal in assists, more completed dribbles per game than anyone else (by miles), made the 4th most key passes per game, was fouled more than any other player, and had the best overall rating of any player in the entire tournament.

The statistics at the below link suggest he was player of the tournament, as would any objective viewers eyes if they watched it, so not so average really.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/247/Tournaments/94/Seasons/5572/Stages/11706/PlayerStatistics/International-Copa-America-2015

I'm not a 'fanboy' - the very thing I was slating in fact, and a recent phenomenon and term I absolutely hate - I'm merely someone who can identify that Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are the two best players to ever play football, appreciate the both of them, and that out of the two, objectively see that Messi is the better player. Not a difficult premise.

Your assertion that he was player of the tournament is almost as ludicrous as his Golden Ball award at the World Cup. Using stats like most fouled to back up your point is fanboy behaviour normally seen by the likes of Linkin Fighter. He scored one penalty and had three assists, that's an appalling return by his standards and the same posters trying to portray him as being outstanding would be slating Ronaldo if he had similar figures. Completing a dribble does not win you games.

Did you watch any of his games in the Copa America? Specifically, did you watch the semi-final? Edited by J_Stewart