Racist term openly used on this board and condoned by mods.

stonedsailor

Question

Racism

We are active supporters of the "Show Racism the Red Card" and will not tolerate racism of any kind on the board. Anyone posting what we deem to be racial abuse will be banned for life.

Those are the words as they appear in the forum rules.

Legal definition of racial-

"A racial group means a group of persons defined by reference to race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins."

Teuchter definition-

A derogatory word used by Lowlanders for a Highlander.

http://www.collinsdi...nglish/teuchter

http://www.dsl.ac.uk...ry/snd/teuchter

TEUCHTER, n. A term of disparagement or contempt used in Central Scotland for a Highlander, esp. one speaking Gaelic, or anyone from the North, an uncouth, countrified person (Cai., e. and wm.Sc. 1972), jocularly also applied

Ethnic definition-

pertaining to or characteristic of a group of people sharing common and distinctive culture, religion, language or the like.

A common culture-

http://www.visithighlands.com/about/culture/

Teuchter is, by definition a racial slur. Sort it mods.

• Answers 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only Highlanders you see nowadays are English Royalty and Arabs. We got rid of all the inbred yokels during the Teuchter Clearances - a great moment in Scots history where we fucked them all off to the Yanks and replaced them with far more intelligent (and attractive) sheep.

You should know a huge number of highlanders ended up in the central belt, and like when the Moors invaded Sicily well you should know the rest.

Which makes you part neep. ;)

:huh:

The only Highlanders you see nowadays are English Royalty and Arabs. We got rid of all the inbred yokels during the Teuchter Clearances - a great moment in Scots history where we fucked them all off to the Yanks and replaced them with far more intelligent (and attractive) sheep.

stirling = teuchter

;)

Exactly a lot of the bad rep we weegies get is due to alcoholic teuchtars coming south and acting like they're still in their insular crofting communities. Stealing our jobs grrr.

I'm not anti-teuchtar per se, some of my friends are teuchtars :whistle

Exactly a lot of the bad rep we weegies get is due to alcoholic teuchtars coming south and acting like they're still in their insular crofting communities. Stealing our jobs grrr.

Drugged up F***ing weegies coming up here and stealing everything like our barn doors and then using them to roof their slum houses.

its all the bright lights, goes stratight to their wee country heids.

its all the bright lights, goes stratight to their wee country heids.

How did you manage to get a t between the a and the i, are you hitting the keyboard with your knuckles?. :lol:

Drugged up F***ing weegies coming up here and stealing everything like our barn doors and then using them to roof their slum houses.

Any old excuse to go chasing sheep eh? ;)

This thread is descending to the levels of ignorant racism that were seen in the "Tink" thread that the mods were forced to shut down.

A racial slur is a racial slur guys. Just think about it.

This thread is descending to the levels of ignorant racism that were seen in the "Tink" thread that the mods were forced to shut down.

^^^ mission accomplished

In all seriousness what happened to Northern Scots during the highland clearances and other subsequent events was tantamount to genocide carried out by the good old British Empire. Now it leaves the anomaly of a lot of these areas being very pro-Union.

ano the hatred and vitirol shown towards us wegies is shocking to say the least....

:rolleyes:

Archived