Racist term openly used on this board and condoned by mods.

stonedsailor

Question

Racism

We are active supporters of the "Show Racism the Red Card" and will not tolerate racism of any kind on the board. Anyone posting what we deem to be racial abuse will be banned for life.

Those are the words as they appear in the forum rules.

Legal definition of racial-

"A racial group means a group of persons defined by reference to race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins."

Teuchter definition-

A derogatory word used by Lowlanders for a Highlander.

http://www.collinsdi...nglish/teuchter

http://www.dsl.ac.uk...ry/snd/teuchter

TEUCHTER, n. A term of disparagement or contempt used in Central Scotland for a Highlander, esp. one speaking Gaelic, or anyone from the North, an uncouth, countrified person (Cai., e. and wm.Sc. 1972), jocularly also applied

Ethnic definition-

pertaining to or characteristic of a group of people sharing common and distinctive culture, religion, language or the like.

A common culture-

http://www.visithighlands.com/about/culture/

Teuchter is, by definition a racial slur. Sort it mods.

• Answers 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simmer down ?

I thought you were inferring you had some sort of valid point in the ongoing debate on the sectarian use use of the "h" word ..

We both know you don't have one ;) but as I said if you do hold any sort of misguided 'genuine' belief about it and wish to discuss, then I am available by PM.

But we both know you'd just look stupid trying the justify the 'faux outrage' of your diddy supporters. BRALT or PM?

Apologies Stoney .. not trying to disturb your thread, so I best throw in something relevant.

It seems show Racism the Red card is just another meaningless 'soundbite' where the bigots get to choose which racist behaviour is deemed unacceptable to throw into the pot and which parts to keep.

I wonder how many make grandiose statements on other threads about how it's right etc etc and no place in Scottish football .. but then deem this behaviour acceptable and wish to keep it.

It's amusing watching them defend it ...

So 'Higlander' fits the legal definition and criteria for an ethnic group.

"Teuchter" originally is a derogatory "Lowland" word for a Highlander and offensive.

It can also be by legal definition, deemed a racial slur ...

It's amusing to watch the rampant racism on here ... because "well we find funny" .. so it's justified.

Yet I am sure their deeply held convictions about booting racism out (in reference to Logan and other cases) is the correct thing to do. However their wish to to hold onto "teuchter" .. because .. well it doesn't really count .. baffles me .. either you believe in the principles or you don't. (which is also baffling since words are banned on here with significantly less grounds than this ... )

Fascinating to watch ... as they decide which 'parts don't matter'.

Honestly I have never laughed so watch ....

Who's going to admit their double standards here or even think about it ? :lol: :lol:

Shut the f**k up, you boring, paranoid, sub-human welt.

Shut the f**k up, you boring, paranoid, sub-human welt.

Did the bad man show up your prejudices? Away and pick on gingers, get in before they get the laws tightened up.

I'm not sure was that a racial slur or racial hatred and threatening behaviour ?

Ginger's no a race mun, it's weejie fur fizzy pop.

Anything intelligent to add to the debate .. or same old?

The word teuchter like the h word has a derogotive background depending on which dictionar definition you choose to use, but has adapted different less offensive meanings over the years. Why are you so for the use of the h word when it's derogatory meaning has been pointed out to you time and time again,but opposed to the use of teuchter? Your argument quite simply reeks of hypocrisy. As I have said the h word does personally not offended me in the slightest as I am regularly called it by my friends from the dark side. but I understand the reasons why it has been banned . This has been. My argument all along and frankly it is boring me to tears now , move on dhense.

The word teuchter like the h word has a derogotive background depending on which dictionar definition you choose to use, but has adapted different less offensive meanings over the years.....

Precisely :thumsup2

Stop being so thin-skinned and sensitive.

Lighten up and hang loose :lol:

Precisely :thumsup2

Stop being so thin-skinned and sensitive.

Lighten up and hang loose :lol:

I think everyone is entitled to free education and well worth every effort.

Do you see the lengths you have to go to just for a simple, simple concept to enter their heads?

Racism

We are active supporters of the "Show Racism the Red Card" and will not tolerate racism of any kind on the board. Anyone posting what we deem to be racial abuse will be banned for life.

Those are the words as they appear in the forum rules.

Legal definition of racial-

"A racial group means a group of persons defined by reference to race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins."

Teuchter definition-

A derogatory word used by Lowlanders for a Highlander.

http://www.collinsdi...nglish/teuchter

http://www.dsl.ac.uk...ry/snd/teuchter

TEUCHTER, n. A term of disparagement or contempt used in Central Scotland for a Highlander, esp. one speaking Gaelic, or anyone from the North, an uncouth, countrified person (Cai., e. and wm.Sc. 1972), jocularly also applied

Ethnic definition-

pertaining to or characteristic of a group of people sharing common and distinctive culture, religion, language or the like.

A common culture-

http://www.visithighlands.com/about/culture/

Teuchter is, by definition a racial slur. Sort it mods.

That's what you get for voting no you shitebag highlander tits

It's never the "specific' words you use that make you a racist; mentioning his ethnic group and abusing him does. (not that I think he was serious .. but for the sake of the argument .. let's assume he was) ...

Mark Walters is a good guy.Did he deserve what he got from the hordes of Celtic fans?

Of course you don't, none of them will be around.

Surely the term "uncle" is basically anyone off the scheme?

Can we have a poll for what would we rather be a "T" or a "W"?

Many thanks, I'n English so haven't a clue (or a care) for what either mean or are.

Grimbo the ignorance

Archived