Sauces

Confidemus

1.) Tomato - wins hands down for its versatility. Without it pizza and pasta and other joyous things just wouldn't be worthwhile.

2.) Generic yellow Chinese curry sauce - this (and cheese) on chips while half cut is just glorious.

3.) Nando's extra hot - haterz gonna hate. I make homemade sweet potato wedges quite a lot and this (with peas) is an excellent side.

4.) Cheese sauce - as long as it's not blue cheese, lashings of a well made cheese sauce over roast potatoes or gammon is just wonderful.

5.) Sweet chilli - there's always some at the back of the cupboard if there's nothing else: a faithful friend.

1. Hot sauce - none of your vinegary supermarket pish. Proper hot sauce with few ingredients and with high Habernero or Naga content is an absolute winner. Personal favourites being Marie Sharps Belzian Heat and Blair's Salsa De La Meurte.

2. Garlic Mayo - Don't each much of it these days due to watching what I eat, but my god do I miss it. In all it's varieties Mayo is glorious.

3. Soya sauce - mega salty and epic with rice. What's not to like?

4. Tomato sauce - what Firhill Road said.

5. Reggae Reggae/Jerk Sauce - The only sauce I know that beats HP on bacon. Great shit.

Eta. Could Guacamole be considered a sauce? Know it comes in dip form but from Burrito joints it's almost a really really thick sauce. If so that'd be number 2.

The yellow mint sauce you get from the Indian restaurant to go with starters.

Reggae Reggae sauce, makes any potato or chicken based food taste better, also great for sticking in mince or beef dishes like casseroles.

Tartare sauce, with scampi.

Red sauce, goes with just about anything. The chilli version is even better.

Balsamic vinegar, not really a sauce but makes any salad taste great.

Indian Mint Sauce - Glorious and inevitably spilt when you try and cram your naan in.

Brown Sauce - only used in bacon sandwiches but turns them into a Flaming Moe.

Ice Magic - The chocolate sauce you used to get as a kid, as soon as you put it on ice cream it hardened. What a world we live in.

Sriracha Chilli Sauce - The toilet roll goes in the fridge before use.

Propah Gravy - It soaks into everything using the power of osmosis and makes your jeans tighter.

1.) Tomato - wins hands down for its versatility. Without it pizza and pasta and other joyous things just wouldn't be worthwhile.

2.) Generic yellow Chinese curry sauce - this (and cheese) on chips while half cut is just glorious.

3.) Nando's extra hot - haterz gonna hate. I make homemade sweet potato wedges quite a lot and this (with peas) is an excellent side.

4.) Cheese sauce - as long as it's not blue cheese, lashings of a well made cheese sauce over roast potatoes or gammon is just wonderful.

5.) Sweet chilli - there's always some at the back of the cupboard if there's nothing else: a faithful friend.

Have to agree.....it's the Swiss army knife of sauces. Most used if perhaps not the best.

Is wunfellaff going to give the definitive list since that cnut is always on the sauce?

Archived