Leaders' Debates

ForzaDundee

Well, inviting Farage to the leader's debates was ridiculous. Utterly shambolic. They have 1 MP. Nine other parties (NINE) have more MPs than UKIP. An additional three parties have as many MPs as UKIP. Other than polling data, what reasoning is there for inviting Farage on but not the leaders of the other parties? Four other parties have more card carrying members than UKIP.

The argument that it's a UK election and so only UK party leaders does not stack up. Tories, Labour and Liberals do not stand in Northern Ireland, so you cannot say these parties represent the whole UK. Farage isn't going to be PM. They should invite all the other parties in or do away with the whole thing.

Plucking one party that has already had far more coverage in the media than their position warrants is just undemocratic.

Tories do.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UKIP voters are susceptible to excellent PR from Farage just like consumers of Lynx deodorant, Ginsters pasties and WKD are succesfuly convinced by whichever advertising agency promotes them.

That's not a similie btw, its literally the same thing and the same people.

That's frighteningly close to the truth.....look into the agency histories and you'll see that mix and that some will have promoted more than one party...what they stand for doesn't matter to them it's the money paid for the ideas/campaigns that matter.

Is it not under a different guise though? Ulster Conservative & Unionist Party, or some such gubbins?

They have "agreements" with parties within NI not to stand, same with Labour

Ironic Labour have the agreement with the SDLA who just happen to favour a united Ireland

They have "agreements" with parties within NI not to stand, same with Labour

Ironic Labour have the agreement with the SDLA who just happen to favour a united Ireland

Kinda. There is some sort of stand alone party still operational there but largely irrelevant. They are along the lines of what Murdo Fraser was proposing for the Scottish party in that they'd be "devolved" away from the main party and can pursue issues related to NI. Not sure whether there's still a relationship with the UUP or not. Although that might relate simply to fannying around in Westminster, I'm not sure now. Its not really worth the effort to attempt to build up "the brand" in NI now I dont think.

No. I let their mother get on with it. They are presented to me before their bedtime at which point I interrogate them about their school day.

And read them a story of right-wing politics, British nationalism and climate change denial.

Sleep tight kids...

And read them a story of right-wing politics, British nationalism and climate change denial.

Sleep tight kids...

Something like that. They will still be better off than any unfortunate scheme goblin that springs from your loins before going into care.

Something like that. They will still be better off than any unfortunate scheme goblin that springs from your loins before going into care.

I can't wait until I get to indoctrinate my two - they're still nappy-bound and speechless.

How did you know one of them was called scheme goblin?

Does anyone else sort of hope UKIP get into a position of power, be it the unlikely scenario of them getting a majority or more likely them in a coalition with the Tories? Our lives won't change a jot regardless of which combo of Labour/Tory/UKIP gets in. The only difference is that Labour getting in will give a false sense of hope to many moronic nawbags, a government involving UKIP could finally be the wake up call for these clowns that they've made a terrible mistake and that something needs to change.

Does anyone else sort of hope UKIP get into a position of power, be it the unlikely scenario of them getting a majority or more likely them in a coalition with the Tories? Our lives won't change a jot regardless of which combo of Labour/Tory/UKIP gets in. The only difference is that Labour getting in will give a false sense of hope to many moronic nawbags, a government involving UKIP could finally be the wake up call for these clowns that they've made a terrible mistake and that something needs to change.

I want things as shit as possible so we can get another referendum as quick as possible.

Not as shameful as a No vote, imo.

That's REAL shame.

Happy to see old people die in freezing houses, kids to go starving and immigrants to be attacked, as he thinks it would mean an increased chance of another referendum. Disgusting nationalism.

Archived