Scotland v Republic of Ireland

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute scenes at Maloney's goal. Arms and legs flying everywhere.

Robertson looks composed beyond his years, fully expect him to make a step up from hull at some point soon.

Him and Anya's link up play is phenomenal.

Felt confident with Marshall In the sticks as well.

I will go with the belief that the media mentioning booing McGeady for his choice was significant, if such a big deal wasn't made I don't think he would've got it as tight.

Bring on England this Tuesday, nothing to lose against them.

Was it not the case that Hanley's yellow wasn't a red card offence because Shane Long was never going to get to the ball anyway? If it'd given it a wee tap past Hanley he'd have surely been off I would've thought?

Personally I think Steven Fletcher gets far too hard a time on here. Yeah he never scores for Scotland but I'd keep playing him even if he never scored, quite a few times tonight he put one of the wide players in behind quite effectively.

Really the only two players in that line up who I don't like the idea of them playing are Hanley and Whittaker. Before the game I'd have possibly said Maloney isn't a great player these days but he's certainly had an effective campaign so far.

Hanley, first one could of been a harsh red. If it was the other way round we would have shouted for it. He punched the 'keeper, albeit maybe accidentally, at the corner too. Deffo two yellow cards even with a lenient ref. Also reckon Naismith probably elbowed O'Shea, he's got a track record of it and O'Shea doesn't seem like the type to cheat?

I do like Fletcher but if I was being greedy would like to see us have three quality strikers because there's bound to be one game where they drop form or get injured but as said its just being a bit greedy. Can't remember the last time we had two guys playing and scoring in the EPL?

Whittaker isn't a great defender tbh and this was demonstrated when he tried to beat someone on the byeline. Hanley is ok but needs a leader beside him and I don't think we have that, similar to the strikers. Not much depth that I can think of.

Hope we stay injury free.

Ireland were shite, no denying that, but should've been a different game if Hanley got sent off early on like should've done. Even with Ireland being as shite as can be, Scotland didnae create anything & draw would've been fair if that stoppage time own goal goes in. Literally nae idea why Keano wasnae picked, lacked any kinda movement or spark up top without him.

I would say look forward to the return game but its no till June. Belting. :shutup

Ireland were shite, no denying that, but should've been a different game if Hanley got sent off early on like should've done.

How was it denying a goal scoring opportunity if Long's touch had booted it towards the keeper before Hanley;s legs even caught him? Or do you just think the foul was a red card tackle regardless of it being last man?

I initially thought it was a red card too but the point about it not being a goal scoring opportunity is the key one. Credit to PnB's own SodjesSixteenIncher for pointing that one out to me at the time.

Absolute scenes at Maloney's goal. Arms and legs flying everywhere.

Robertson looks composed beyond his years, fully expect him to make a step up from hull at some point soon.

Him and Anya's link up play is phenomenal.

Felt confident with Marshall In the sticks as well.

I will go with the belief that the media mentioning booing McGeady for his choice was significant, if such a big deal wasn't made I don't think he would've got it as tight.

Bring on England this Tuesday, nothing to lose against them.

This

Good game to watch unlike most internationals, you could see the passion from both teams. Scotland deserved to win but unlike others i thought Naismith showed well, took responsibility and generally had a good game.

The goal aside, it was hopeless. Tension and passion is not skill or entertainment.

Ireland were shite, no denying that, but should've been a different game if Hanley got sent off early on like should've done. Even with Ireland being as shite as can be, Scotland didnae create anything & draw would've been fair if that stoppage time own goal goes in. Literally nae idea why Keano wasnae picked, lacked any kinda movement or spark up top without him.

I would say look forward to the return game but its no till June. Belting. :shutup

You were watching a different game from me if you think Scotland didn't create anything.

How was it denying a goal scoring opportunity if Long's touch had booted it towards the keeper before Hanley;s legs even caught him? Or do you just think the foul was a red card tackle regardless of it being last man?

I initially thought it was a red card too but the point about it not being a goal scoring opportunity is the key one. Credit to PnB's own SodjesSixteenIncher for pointing that one out to me at the time.

Gonna sound like a manager now but Ive only seen it once. Long beats Hanley to the ball & would be through on goal if Hanley doesnae take him out. Red card every time usually. :wacko:

You were watching a different game from me if you think Scotland didn't create anything.

They didn't really in fairness. Lots of nice football but very few clear chances for a team who seemed to have more of the ball and more desire to actually try and win the game.

Seamus :lol:

H_B :lol:

Mastermind :lol:

Lex :lol:

And not forgetting Belfast Tim, who is no doubt kicking lumps out of his unfortunate other half as we speak :lol:

Any other Celtic scarfed Southern Ireland fans :lol:

Edited by Firhill Road

Gonna sound like a manager now but Ive only seen it once. Long beats Hanley to the ball & would be through on goal if Hanley doesnae take him out. Red card every time usually. :wacko:

Not if Long's touch to beat Hanley was so far in front of him that he'll never get to it before Marshall even if Hanley doesn't bring him down. It's not a goal scoring opportunity if Long was never going to have control of the ball after his initial touch.

Not if Long's touch to beat Hanley was so far in front of him that he'll never get to it before Marshall even if Hanley doesn't bring him down. It's not a goal scoring opportunity if Long was never going to have control of the ball after his initial touch.

Got to admit whe I saw the replay I thought he was lucky not to see red.

Seamus :lol:

H_B :lol:

Mastermind :lol:

Lex :lol:

And not forgetting Belfast Tim, who is no doubt kicking lumps out of his unfortunate other half as we speak :lol:

Any other Celtic scarfed Southern Ireland fans :lol:

What about Celtic scarfed fans who are from Southern, Western and North-Western Ireland? Do they count?

ETA: Polomoney, my first impression was the same as yours. The replay shows it's a yellow IMO. In any case he could've been off five or ten minutes later anyway.

Edited by Guest