Who is the best GK in the spfl?

If Craig Samson is the 4th best keeper in that league, I reckon I've got a shot at getting a game.

Think that's a bit harsh. He's a well rounded keeper who makes the odd gaffe. He's matured quite a lot from his young days.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Langfield is no worse than our keeper. And he has a good bit of banter with the crowd. Samson has to be propping up this particular league.

Samson has been excellent for us so far this year. His communication with the outfield players - especially the young ones - has been great.

Mannus almost conceded from a free kick today. Taken from inside Kilmarnocks half. With no pace on it. While under no pressure. And he could see it the whole way.

Another one? :lol:

Twardzik was awful against us earlier this season but I'd say the worst are comfortably Fox and Letheren

Neither of them are worse than Reguero.

Neither of them are worse than Reguero.

It's hard to say. I haven't actually seen Reguero this season but he was class for us when he had a solid defence in front of him, some of the saves he pulled off as well, amazing.

Ryan Scully.

Not sure why the OP specified all 4 pro leagues as I imagine the vast majority of folk won't have seen much, if any, of keepers outside the league their team plays in.

Why are folk only posting lists of 12? There are 42 teams in the SPFL

wD719.gif

It's a pet hate of mine. Willie Miller does it a lot on the radio.

Its a pet hate of mine the pedants who constantly barge into threads like this to make that point despite having the brain power to understand what the OP meant.

Its a pet hate of mine the pedants who constantly barge into threads like this to make that point despite having the brain power to understand what the OP meant.

Sometimes pedantry is the only way people will learn...

Last season I'd have happily championed Mannus for inclusion high up the list but this season, since the second game of the season, he's been poor, after playing well in Europe too. He made a mistake in that opening home game against Celtic when we were already two down and I think everyone just dismissed it and said it was as good a time as any for a goalkeeper to make an error but he then let in another cheap goal at Hamilton and since the last international break in particular as played his part in our poor run of form. He has absolutely no competition for his place either but that comes back to our chairman once again.

Folk can get caught up in squad numbers but if Roy Carroll were to be injured next month, I suspect Michael O'Neill would start McGovern for Northern Ireland.

Craig Gordon's the best keeper in this league and is better than there has been for a good number of years.

On a Dundee front, Letheren has to be pretty low on the list although I have to say I'd prefer him to Samson, Twardzik and Mark Brown if I'm honest. Kello's a weird one, looked a stand-out for Hearts a few year ago but appears distinctly average these days, perhaps that's down the defence though? Langfield gets a bad rep but he's nowhere near as bad as he's often touted considering the keepers other club's have. Partick Thistle to me at least, have a better keeper on their bench than Scott Fox.

Second best keeper behind Gordon? Tough one, when starting to thinking about the other keepers I didn't think McGovern would be near the top, but he probably is up there.

Archived