Who is the best GK in the spfl?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His save from a header late on yesterday looked incredible to my vodka addled vision. I still maintain you shouldn't judge someone on their first couple of months in a new league though

Another one? :lol:

I'm with Boredom that you shouldn't judge a keeper by his first few months in the league, however McGovern, Gordon, Cierzniak, Brill and Mannus are the ones that have impressed me. Twardzik was awful against us earlier this season but I'd say the worst are comfortably Fox and Letheren

Love these threads. I'm going to rank 11 keepers as I don't actually know enough about Twardzik (despite the fact he played for Dundee last season) and Brill. Both Thistle keepers included as I've seen them both plenty of times and they seem to switch around quite a bit.

1 - Gordon

2 - Mannus

3 - Kello

4 - Samson

5 - McGovern

6 - Brown

7 - Langfield

8 - Cierzniak

9 - Gallagher

10 - Letheren

11- Fox

That was really difficult. Not really much in it for quite a lot of them. Feel bad ranking Letheren so low but he's struggled a bit this season and I don't know how I could justify placing him higher. McGovern has been playing below his natural level for quite a while; was really hoping we'd steal him when Rab left.

Mannus has been fairly poor (by his own standards) this season FWIW

But on form he's easily in the top 3 keepers in the league. Gordon and Kello being the others. Quite amusing that Kello seems to be having the same poor start that Mannus has been having. That said Gordon's the only keeper I'd take over him.

But on form he's easily in the top 3 keepers in the league. Gordon and Kello being the others. Quite amusing that Kello seems to be having the same poor start that Mannus has been having. That said Gordon's the only keeper I'd take over him.

Yeah I imagine so. Never really seen the fuss with Kello myself tbh, reminds me of Enckelman in that he'll pull off some great saves but the basics just elude him too often

Love these threads. I'm going to rank 11 keepers as I don't actually know enough about Twardzik (despite the fact he played for Dundee last season) and Brill. Both Thistle keepers included as I've seen them both plenty of times and they seem to switch around quite a bit.

1 - Gordon

2 - Mannus

3 - Kello

4 - Samson

5 - McGovern

6 - Brown

7 - Langfield

8 - Cierzniak

9 - Gallagher

10 - Letheren

11- Fox

That was really difficult. Not really much in it for quite a lot of them. Feel bad ranking Letheren so low but he's struggled a bit this season and I don't know how I could justify placing him higher. McGovern has been playing below his natural level for quite a while; was really hoping we'd steal him when Rab left.

If Craig Samson is the 4th best keeper in that league, I reckon I've got a shot at getting a game.

Archived