Ayr United v Alloa

SuperShug1910

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only tears I'm shedding are those of laughter as the Morten mob chug on off over Ayr!!

Nice to see the Morten fans travelled to watch their team tonight!!

Well I certainly did watch my team cruise to victory this evening, but still managed to break the tedium of yet another routine win with a point and laugh opportunity at the hapless, trophyless diddy outfit that is Ayr United. A side who exited the competition with even less dignity than junior Ayrshire entrants Hurlford.

Meanwhile you were clearly swapping wanking sessions in your bedsit with the latest updates on your hapless outfit. Gutted for you.

output_TdJ8Cb_zpswmbatika.gif

Well I certainly did watch my team cruise to victory this evening, but still managed to break the tedium of yet another routine win with a point and laugh opportunity at the hapless, trophyless diddy outfit that is Ayr United. A side who exited the competition with even less dignity than junior Ayrshire entrants Hurlford.

Meanwhile you were clearly swapping wanking sessions in your bedsit with the latest updates on your hapless outfit. Gutted for you.

Clearly obsessed with us.

Clearly obsessed with us.

Obsessed is correct, despite they have yet to beat us or score against us this season. Throw in the fact that Scott McLaughlin scored against them increases the obsession factor.

However, we aren't that big a laughing stock, we haven't conceded 10 goals in a game in many years never mind conceding 10 goals at home in one game.

Once VT pulls the needle out his arm and dries off his cardboard box he might realise his obsession with all things Black and White!!

There was a time not so long ago when a match against Ayr United at home for Alloa would be viewed upon as a big draw for us. The atmosphere in the lead up to the game, and during the game aswell, was strangely quite flat.

A crowd of 420 for a Scottish Cup replay, even with the poor weather, was quite pitiful. Especially with a home match against Hibs as a reward for the victors.

I remember a match in the Scottish Cup in the late 90's between the sides at the Recs. Quite a big crowd that day, although it was a Saturday 3pm kick-off. Stewart Wilson hit the post for Alloa inside the first minute but Ayr went on to win that game 3-0, and quite a comfortable 3-0 at that.

How times have changed (Alloa didn't even need to get out of first gear last night) and I genuinely feel for the Ayr supporters who probably had as many fans at the game last night as Livi did on Saturday. They certainly made more noise anyway, although a lot of that was directed at Tiff to begin with. Once they realised he was actually playing quite well and the tie was slipping away from them, they then moved on to their manager. They're perhaps justified in that, Roberts has probably been given enough time to make a difference but they seem to be in gradual decline. Not sure what the situation is with the chairman...is he still in the USA more often?...does he care how the team are performing or only how the club (financially) are performing? A change in management might be the answer to the supporter, but would the chairman care enough, especially if he has to pay Roberts off then begin paying someone else.

The game:- As an Ayr poster has already said, Ayr started the better of the teams and got in behind Alloa a couple of times in the first 15-20 minutes but Alloa were keeping the ball well and spraying passes out wide regularly and always looked a threat. Once we got the opening goal, Ayr seemed to cave. The second followed soon after and it really did feel like job done at that point. When Docherty scored a volley with his right foot I thought I'd seen it all...but in the second half a player got booked for a foul on Ryan McCord! Ryan had a great chance to make it 4 at the end of the first half but after creating the chance himself he should have really squared the ball to one of two players instead of having a shot, perhaps a rush of blood so soon after coming on the pitch for Weatherston (who appeared to pull his hamstring). Buchanan wasn't very happy with him for not squaring it anyway! A solid enough second half performance seen the match out comfortably, with a well worked corner routine getting us our 4th, although I don't think it was supposed to go past everyone without a touch and in. Docherty seemed quite happy to bag his second of the game anyway and deserved his Man of the Match award, although there was also a strong case for Cawley and Marr (my MotM) last night too.

Two clean sheets in a row will hopefully give the defence, and McDowall, a bit of confidence going into the Ibrox game. We'll still be unlikely to get anything from the game but keeping the score down (and making them at least work for it) could well be worth a point come the end of the season (see last season).

Oh and Ayr fans, he's more of an amateur Tinto Brass than a paedophile in our eyes :thumsup2

I just havent got a Word

If only!

However, we aren't that big a laughing stock, we haven't conceded 10 goals in a game in many years never mind conceding 10 goals at home in one game.

Morton have never conceded ten goals at home champ. But while you're making a complete and utter mess of the facts, it's worth correcting your claim that you are not a massive laughing stock in almost every way, shape and form. Ayr are the worst full-time outfit in Scotland, a side that has never won a significant trophy, a side that just two months ago had its idiot fans drooling literally down their chin at the prospect of signing, erm, Craig Beattie. The side whose title challenge ended before the clocks went back, and whose cup run ended in an even more humiliating defeat than suffered by most Junior outfits, at the same round of the competition.

Better luck next time.

Docherty seemed quite happy to bag his second of the game anyway and deserved his Man of the Match award, although there was also a strong case for Cawley and Marr (my MotM) last night too.

We generally seem to give the MOTM to whoever scores the most goals. Bit lazy sometimes.

Oh and Ayr fans, he's more of an amateur Tinto Brass than a paedophile in our eyes :thumsup2

Did the lassie in question have an enormous arse? :o

If Morten somehow contrive to come up for next season, can we apply for relegation? This is really chronic stuff on a thread with hee-haw to do with them.

Cue, "you'll no need to apply, son, haw haw" :rolleyes:

Morton have never conceded ten goals at home champ. But while you're making a complete and utter mess of the facts, it's worth correcting your claim that you are not a massive laughing stock in almost every way, shape and form. Ayr are the worst full-time outfit in Scotland, a side that has never won a significant trophy, a side that just two months ago had its idiot fans drooling literally down their chin at the prospect of signing, erm, Craig Beattie. The side whose title challenge ended before the clocks went back, and whose cup run ended in an even more humiliating defeat than suffered by most Junior outfits, at the same round of the competition.

Better luck next time.

I may have got fixture mixed round wrong way but Morten have shipped 10 goals at home, TWICE. Port Glasgow Athletic and St Bernards. Ooft classy outfits them two.

At least I can live in thought Morten are still the biggest laughing stock in Scotland. 10 fucking 2 still ring harmoniously in my ears.

You just love to troll through anything black and white. I bet your big team St Mirren love you too.

Better luck next time.

Still though, Morton will always be our bitches

Head-to-Head (League):

Ayr United wins – 59

Draws – 30

Greenock Morton wins – 46

http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/match-preview-v-morton/

added one to ours due to the fact we won that game

gok.pngsweeet.pngunbelievable.gifgocompare.gif

Still though, Morton will always be our bitches

Well chief, apart from having more trophies than you, more seasons in the top flight than you, a higher all-time league finish, a higher all-time league points tally, more league titles, fewer seasons spent in the seaside leagues etc... than you.

Oh and not forgetting having relegated your shambolic outfit to the seaside leagues on our own ground, just a few seasons ago.

Still smarts among the dimmer circles of the Ayr fanbase, clearly.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

Well chief, apart from having more trophies than you, more seasons in the top flight than you, a higher all-time league finish, a higher all-time league points tally, more league titles, fewer seasons spent in the seaside leagues etc... than you.

Oh and not forgetting having relegated your shambolic outfit to the seaside leagues on our own ground, just a few seasons ago.

Still smarts among the dimmer circles of the Ayr fanbase, clearly.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

Mind that time Morton played in the fourth tier, must have been embarrassing.

Archived