The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

No trains going north of Dundee. Line flooded and weather apparently so poor that Network Rail can't reach the affected to assess them.

On a separate note, I heard 5 Live promoting a programme yesterday where they were going to revisit those affected by Storm Edna or whatever it was. They could just go to Perth and beyond for the real thing.

I'm currently sitting in Dundee bus station hoping that the 9pm megabus will make it to Aberdeen. Fun train journey up here with idiots going nuts at the conductor about a lack or buses.

I'm seeing numerous pictures of roundabout islands which are genuinely now islands, some of which I passed without issue only a few hours ago.

Seems the drains / soils have very quickly given up and any tarmac surface with a dip in it has simply filled up now. Cul-de-sac type street around the corner from me has been shut off to traffic and all.

Just had the police round saying we should consider evacuating. Have moved the car to higher ground and it's a first floor flat so not toooooo concerned just yet. Can't imagine I'll be sleeping tho just in case.

On the plus side you get a free water bed.

Just had the police round saying we should consider evacuating. Have moved the car to higher ground and it's a first floor flat so not toooooo concerned just yet. Can't imagine I'll be sleeping tho just in case.

RIP sweet CountyFan prince x