The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

The fire bridge should tell her no. She made her choice, she can wait until those who couldn't leave get out or better still until the water subsided. 

The cynic in me thinks she's been quick enough get face on news so she goes bottom queue and fire brigade can tell her touch shit you made a choice.

Probably been giving a running commentary on her Facebook too.

Screenshot_20231020-080932.png

Edited by RH33

8 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

The elderly and vulnerable are being put up in hotels. Everyone else is being told take a sleeping bag and or blankets and head for the rest centres which are community centres, leisure centres and the like. 

It is mad that people are refusing to leave their homes. There is f**k all they can do about the flooding and if their house does get flooded they are better off out of it than in it. I mean, what are they going to do in the morning. Stick the baffies on and head down stairs and make a cup of tea in 2 feet of water. Oh that's right, the electric will likely be knackered, heating probably goosed too but then it'll be everyone else's fault when they are freezing cold and can't go downstairs. I get its a wrench to leave the house but when there's literally nothing you can do about it, I don't see the benefit of staying at home. 

Fire brigade rescuing people all night, glad to see they appear to all have been able to do so safely, one of the reasons I couldn't do that job is I would be thinking the people staying behind have made their bed so need to lie in it.

23 minutes ago, RH33 said:

The fire bridge should tell her no. She made her choice, she can wait until those who couldn't leave get out or better still until the water subsided. 

The cynic in me thinks she's been quick enough get face on news so she goes bottom queue and fire brigade can tell her touch shit you made a choice.

Probably been giving a running commentary on her Facebook too.

Screenshot_20231020-080932.png

"Couldn't bring herself to leave" sounds like a revision of her actual thought process which was probably "am no sleepin in a community centre". Stupid c**t. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

"Couldn't bring herself to leave" sounds like a revision of her actual thought process which was probably "am no sleepin in a community centre". Stupid c**t. 

I'm pretty sure earlier she said she couldn't leave her dogs behind, as opposed to now having them in a house underwater. Great idea.

Just now, 101 said:

I'm pretty sure earlier she said she couldn't leave her dogs behind, as opposed to now having them in a house underwater. Great idea.

I just saw a post from Angus Council on twitter saying that pets are welcome at the Community centres. The woman is an idiot.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

A90 closed between Dundee and Stonehaven. The diversion is the A9 and A95, a mere 150-mile detour. 

Looking like the Marykirk option is open for crossing the North Esk, even if it's shut the A92 at North Water Bridge (nr Montrose).  Should be a way around without too much added milage for the determined?

(unless you're a lorry driver)

38 minutes ago, 101 said:

The dogs are smarter than her and are current in the community centre getting treats and cuddles as they heard the warnings and left her too it.

15 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The new metal shed I got in the summer is fucked. Blown over, the screws that were anchoring it to the base just went through the metal rail at the bottom, like ripping an earring out of an ear, the hole is now a gash. 

Did the imprisoned manage to escape.?