Dumbarton v Rangers

Aye, that penalty award is pretty hilarious. Just one of a succession of dreadful decisions.

Some of the doom and gloom merchants among our support need to get real. A crap performance for us would be a 3-0 home reverse against the likes of Montrose, Elgin or Ayr. There's no shame in losing to Rangers, they're a very competent side. We didn't get close to them because their movement (Miller in particular) was excellent, far too good for us. We would need them to have an off-day coupled with an exceptional Sons performance to get any points off them. 9 times out of 10 it won't happen.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aye, that penalty award is pretty hilarious. Just one of a succession of dreadful decisions.
Some of the doom and gloom merchants among our support need to get real. A crap performance for us would be a 3-0 home reverse against the likes of Montrose, Elgin or Ayr. There's no shame in losing to Rangers, they're a very competent side. We didn't get close to them because their movement (Miller in particular) was excellent, far too good for us. We would need them to have an off-day coupled with an exceptional Sons performance to get any points off them. 9 times out of 10 it won't happen.

This.

We didn't expect to get many points in October, and we didn't. Ok, we would probably have hoped to beat Cowdenbeath, but the point at Hibs was a bonus, even if they ARE Hibs..

The true proof of the DFC pudding starts on 8th November away at QotS - in actual fact if you look at the list, we should pick up quite a few points right up until 2015.

I'd agree with that. However, trying to set out a holding operation with four attacking midfielders is akin to an admission of defeat.

Don't think many people are arguing with the result?

The so called foul on Smith which got one of our players booked. Smith should have been sent off

I would have agreed with you until the challenge was replayed from a different angle. Ref got that call spot on. Might have been a sending off for the Dumbarton player had Smith not dived into the challenge also.

But whilst both players were hasty with their attempt at a 50/50 ball, the Dumbarton player was the worst offender and was rightly yellow carded.

I've also heard the rumour that there are a number of ST stubs that were used for the first time at yesterday's match meaning that Gers fans have purchased these seats with a view to guaranteeing them a ticket for the 2 games at BBS

I doubt they'd pay all that money just to go to two games.

The reality will be Rangers fans purchased match-day tickets via public sale.

On another note, didn't even have to show my ticket on the way passed the police; simply answered 'yes' when they asked whether I had a ticket. Good to see the whole having to collect a ticket, rather than use the season ticket wasn't a complete waste of time.

Nowhereman

Did I feel unsafe at the game? Yes I did feel unsafe at the game as I had a buoyant (he will love getting called a buoy) away fan sitting in the seat next to me. He gave it the giruy and placed his hand very near my face.

Hope that answers your question. I have two regular posters on this Curler and 3Rock who witnessed this.

Bit of a difference one guy in a stand that holds 7000? This was a group of about 50 in a side that holds around 800.

It had potential to kick off like others have said if a dodgy last minute winner had went in.

Hope people can get in touch with the club to sort it for next Saturday.

You can go to last years Ramsden Cup Final thread when we had all this from Raith Rovers supporters complaining about the way the ground was being divided up. They claimed if there was a last minute winner for Raith there would be trouble and the streets of Leith would be running with blood. Guess what happened? There was a late winner for Raith Rovers and the vast majority of Raith Rovers supporters i met and who posted on forums were saying how well behaved our support were and how many actually congratulated.

What actually happened yesterday? Somebody had a camera...Honestly you are getting upset over that? Other than that a few people cheered when their team scored..When you came to Ibrox your support had genuine grievances and i was disappointed with our support and the way the club steward / police that area. I made my first ever complaint to the club in the 46 years i have been a supporter over that incident and the club replied saying they had had a few complaints and would be taking action. They have done so and moved the 'Ultras' back a full section from the away fans.

It is your clubs responsibility to police your own ground. It is your clubs responsibility to make sure as many of your tickets go to your supporters. They should do the voucher scheme and hopefully that will add a few hundred on to your attendances for games prior to the next Rangers game.

Nowhereman

Did I feel unsafe at the game? Yes I did feel unsafe at the game as I had a buoyant (he will love getting called a buoy) away fan sitting in the seat next to me. He gave it the giruy and placed his hand very near my face.

Hope that answers your question. I have two regular posters on this Curler and 3Rock who witnessed this.

And when challenged over his ridiculous behaviour he bleated "I'm just a Rangers fan"

He forgot to add " ny " to fan.

I notice there is no mention in the great sportmanship showed by Rangers Captain Lee McCulloch. On realising the penalty was possibly not a penalty he sportingly just chipped the ball back to their 'Keeper.

McCulloch should retire at the end of the season. In fairness he has held the dressing room together during this dreadful time.

Bell..Faure..McGregor..Wallace..McLeod..Aird.. Temps Law Black Boyd Miller Clark. are all good enough for the top flight. Others such as Zal and Shiels have played well there but have failed at Ibrox.

A decent right back and a big commanding centre back and we will have a pretty strong first XI.

Nowhereman

I noticed, after a change of knickers, the p***k sat in a completely different seat after half time.

At the end of the game I went to speak to the 'Stadium Manager', who I think may be the guy accused of assaulting a young Dumbarton fan a while ago.

First I had to catch him, he ran to the car park to hide as soon as the whistle went.

I asked him why he allowed people openly supporting Rangers in our end.

His reply: "We didn't sell them the tickets, that's the club's fault"

I explained to him that I understood this and that my question was actually why the stewards did not remove those openly supporting the opposition from the home end of the stadium.

His reply: "there were too many of them, you can't expect me to remove 150 fans"

I then told him I don't 'expect' people actively supporting the away team in the home end.

Those on here saying that it isn't a problem are deluded - there, just, wasn't any violence, due to the way the game panned out, however in different circumstances, I suspect there may be violence.

Archived