Dumbarton v Rangers

Yep, pretty much sums it up, and I do think that there a few Sons fans on here very happy to stir shit. An element of the Rangers support is distinctly unlikeable but trying to create imaginary scenarios in which something may or may not occur is frankly silly.

The word I have is that the police 'advised' the stewards to let peaceful away fans remain in place yesterday and that seems a sensible course of action. I actually found the occasion extremely tame, the game was only ever heading towards one outcome and that had the effect of pacifying everyone.

Perhaps Sons fans should de-twist their knickers and demand to know when our players are going to put in challenge outside of their own box - starting next Saturday.

'imaginary scenario' ??? point is opposition fans should be segregated, especially if one half of the old firm or any other side with recent behaviour such as Manchester or Amsterdam. Many of us choose to bring our kids to support local clubs to take them out of the old firm shit and don't appreciate our club allowing old firm fans into our stand...

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'imaginary scenario' ??? point is opposition fans should be segregated, especially if one half of the old firm or any other side with recent behaviour such as Manchester or Amsterdam. Many of us choose to bring our kids to support local clubs to take them out of the old firm shit and don't appreciate our club allowing old firm fans into our stand...

Yeah! Put them in the other st........oh, hang on.....

Yep, pretty much sums it up, and I do think that there a few Sons fans on here very happy to stir shit. An element of the Rangers support is distinctly unlikeable but trying to create imaginary scenarios in which something may or may not occur is frankly silly.

The word I have is that the police 'advised' the stewards to let peaceful away fans remain in place yesterday and that seems a sensible course of action. I actually found the occasion extremely tame, the game was only ever heading towards one outcome and that had the effect of pacifying everyone.

Perhaps Sons fans should de-twist their knickers and demand to know when our players are going to put in challenge outside of their own box - starting next Saturday.

Challenge to yellow card ratio yesterday must have been pretty high then! :lol:

Forgive me if I disagree entirely with everything you've just said.

From the penalty where a Rangers fan had to get pulled off a Sons fan infront of me to the guy filming the home fans whilst giving it GIRFUY signal you can't say that we don't have good reason to be angry. The mess earlier in the season at Ibrox wouldn't have helped either.

Compare the atmosphere yesterday with that of Hearts at home. Peaceful Rangers fans are fine but trouble makers should be immediately ejected. Anyone using the term 'Sons of William' should be immediately chucked too. The away end is there for a reason.

I wouldn't have been against taking steps to deny Rangers supporters any ticket allocation at all for yesterday's match. Many of us were rightly concerned that we would once again be pelted with missiles all afternoon.

Safety before income.

Did you feel unsafe at any time ?

A better solution (although still flawed) would be to issue vouchers at the previous 3 or 4 home games, and only people in possession with the requisite amount of vouchers get to buy a ticket for the Rangers game. Some RFC fans will still get tickets, but at least the club will have had increased revenue in the previous few weeks.

This a system that the premiership clubs use down south and hasn't affected attendance levels. Rangers could be given a majority allocation to sell even if it means that they outnumber the Dumbarton fans as in all honesty we normally only have around 700 -800 at each game. STH obviously getting priority and the option to purchase a maximum of 2 additional tickets the rest given out to fans who regularly attend the games (home and away. As one of the travelling support I have only missed a couple of away games due to work commitments, i struggled to get ticket for the game having got a last minute phonecall. But in saying that, there were plenty of empty seats in the home end around where we sat.

I've also heard the rumour that there are a number of ST stubs that were used for the first time at yesterday's match meaning that Gers fans have purchased these seats with a view to guaranteeing them a ticket for the 2 games at BBS

Lets be honest, the only reason there was no trouble yesterday is because we aren't that way inclined. Had I been a raging Sons supporting nutcase (thankfully I'm not) I would've happily dished out a few happy slaps and backhanders for the celebrating, filming of home fans and shouting of nonsense like 'sons of William'. Lets just be thankful that Dumbarton fans are able to control their behaviour because it could've been a far less pleasant outcome.

It's disappointing to see Sons fans claiming fellow Sons fans are 'shit stirring', infact it's ludicrous. Would we get away with that behaviour at Ibrox? Would we f**k! Why should it be any different at our place? Because we are wee shitty Dumbarton?

The stewards and police should have kicked out every single one of them without hesitation and they never, that's the issue here. Why even bother with segregation if we point blank refuse to enforce it?

Can I just say that I've discussed stuff with No 8 here before and he represents the section of Rangers fans, probably a majority, who are decent and reasonable. The problem is the sizeable minority who give their club a bad name. At the queue for the food stall there was a fat, lumpen oaf with a polo shirt with some kind of Ulster motif on it, mouthing off about the shitey wee stadium and how he couldn't get a programme.

I'm fairly sure the irony of him being in the home end would have been lost on him.

Lets be honest, the only reason there was no trouble yesterday is because we aren't that way inclined. Had I been a raging Sons supporting nutcase (thankfully I'm not) I would've happily dished out a few happy slaps and backhanders for the celebrating, filming of home fans and shouting of nonsense like 'sons of William'. Lets just be thankful that Dumbarton fans are able to control their behaviour because it could've been a far less pleasant outcome.

It's disappointing to see Sons fans claiming fellow Sons fans are 'shit stirring', infact it's ludicrous. Would we get away with that behaviour at Ibrox? Would we f**k! Why should it be any different at our place? Because we are wee shitty Dumbarton?

The stewards and police should have kicked out every single one of them without hesitation and they never, that's the issue here. Why even bother with segregation if we point blank refuse to enforce it?

I can see your point but the police/stewards have to think cause and effect. Probably more trouble would have been caused by ejecting the away fans. This isn't to deny the problems of course and I sincerely hope that every effort is made to deny access to Rangers fans for next week's cup game and subsequent fixtures.

The majority of Rangers fans are decent? Absolute, utter nonsense.

I'd say most are decent, but maybe I'm biased due to my group of mates and such, you know decent folk.

Some of the mutants you get on both sides of the old firm is unreal right enough.

The majority of Rangers fans are decent? Absolute, utter nonsense.

I have no scientific data to back this up. However I have many friends who support Rangers or Celtic. Most of them are decent folk.

This may be an unrepresentative sample but I doubt it.

How can you be so absolute and utter?

Ok forget about teachers ffs. Do you have a point in how this situation is not repeated on 15th April.. At that time Rangers could still be playing catch up with Hearts. Picture the scene in home end if we beat them by a dodgy penalty?? Are you happy with that scenario?

A dodgy penalty against Rangers? For Dumbarton?

What universe are you living in?

Archived