Kilmarnock V Dundee

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very poor. No dig about the midfield today. Still don't rate Clarkson btw. Chris Johnston has been horrific this season time to drop for robbie or Mckenzie.

Each to their own and I know I tend to concentrate on watching my own team but I have to say, Clarkson does much more than just score goals, his passing is visionary at times, watch the extended highlights on Alba tonight and hopefully you'll see what I mean. He holds the ball up well and as I said some of his passing is great to watch. I was aware of his reputation more than his ability until he joined us but he's been a great find/gamble for us and I hope we're getting him into the Boardroom for a wee chat about a contract extension.

I don't think Thomson or Dyer will necessarily walk straight back into the side and they shouldn't expect to.

As much as Gary irvine has his doubters I think it would be very harsh to drop him as he has been decent considering he is playing out of position. Also as good as Dyer was last year he is completely unproven at this level.

And while Thomson is a very good player I reckon we will be lucky to get 15 games out of him this year and him coming in and out the side could upset the balance. He may just prove to be a risky signing that won't work out.

How did Boyle do today?

This.

Irvine was excellent today and when Thomson came on he gave the ball away twice which put us under heavy pressure.

Konrad had that big donk of a striker the have in his back pocket all game, 'The shite Christian Nade' gave McGinn a bit of a hard time down there left hand side.

Clarkson was again outstanding, great hold up play and range of passing.

Stewart is some player.

Boyle was superb cutting inside and that shot that hit the post was a peach and then Samson made a great save from him soon after.

Great support from us today and sang all game.

What a game of football that was.

Loved that today. Fantastic performance and a great away support in terms of noise and numbers. Don't know how many chances we missed to make it 3-0 and get out of sight, and come the last 10 minutes I had resigned myself to the fact we were gonna chuck it.

Not sure how the Killie boy missed the header at the back post for 2-2. Anywhere else and it's a goal, luckily for Bain the guy planted it right into his arms. Also a mention for Boyle's thunderbolt off the post just before we scored.

Samson really shouldn't go up for corners. Didn't he learn from the fiasco at QOS in the Scottish Cup?

Must say I do like Killie. Good stadium to watch football and their fans are always a pleasant enough and welcoming bunch.

By the looks of things Scott Bain has took his chance in the number 1 spot with both arms. Absolutely delighted for the lad, in my 12 or so years following Alloa he's been by a mile the best Alloa player I've seen. Still only 22 as well!

By the looks of things Scott Bain has took his chance in the number 1 spot with both arms. Absolutely delighted for the lad, in my 12 or so years following Alloa he's been by a mile the best Alloa player I've seen. Still only 22 as well!

He looks excellent mate and our defense looks alot more confident with him in goals. Great keeper.

Great performance today by all the players. What a great outball Boyle is with his pace and Stewart is the steal of the season. Bring on the fermers ! :D

Delighted to see Greg doing so well.The only doubt for me was his fitness, but he was worth the admission money himself each week.

Read this GLORIOUS thread on the Kilmarnock forum. Satisfying.

Link.

The only thing more glorious than that thread is Gary Harkins himself.

That said, from the grainy FB footage above looked a great touch and goal from "Losa" (where does that come from??)

Dundee by a mile the better team Hartley got his tactics just right and never let us get up a head of steam .

Harkins didn't have his usual stellar performance against us but he hardly needed to and the lad Boyle had our RB in his pocket all game

Eremenko flattered to deceive but when he has no runners to pick out it's hardly surprising and I'm sorry dee fans but your first two goals were gifts from our midfield .

We seem to lack a plan b when we are pressed high up the park but I'm sure AJ will fix it ..won't he ?

Also the Pasca detractors must surely recognise that Ashcroft isn't ready. And that Robbie must get a run in the 1st team very soon or we risk losing him

Thought boyle and Stewart were our 2 best performers today. Stewart was outstanding, what a coup he has been from Cowdenbeath and he just goes from strength to strength. Clarkson took his goal well too.

Actually thought harkins was very good, great composure for the first goal and to set up Clarkson.

Still cant believe how we didn't go 3-0 up but hey ho we let killie back into it.

What was our support like in terms of atmosphere and numbers?

Thought boyle and Stewart were our 2 best performers today. Stewart was outstanding, what a coup he has been from Cowdenbeath and he just goes from strength to strength. Clarkson took his goal well too.

Actually thought harkins was very good, great composure for the first goal and to set up Clarkson.

Still cant believe how we didn't go 3-0 up but hey ho we let killie back into it.

What was our support like in terms of atmosphere and numbers?

Atmosphere was amazing. Non stop backing. Good numbers too - would hazard a guess at between 800-1000.

Archived