Kilmarnock V Dundee

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not an expert either, but it was silly. If he had clattered Stewart it would have been walkies. He came in very aggressively and luckily Stewart was too good.

His lets go up for corners record is calamitous in the two occasions that ive seen him do it, v QOS at Palmerston for us and then this one!

I wouldn't class myself as a expert but I would say it was very silly.

Tears eveywhere from the Tory lesbian

Oh dear. So you're searching through my Twitter for comments made on a game that you weren't at? Glad you enjoyed your Saturday night though.

I can't imagine that anyone, other than the most ardent Dee, would think that they were dominant in the first half. To put it simply, no team controlled the first 45. Dundee's whole game plan centres around hard work, closing down space and stifling the opposition before beasting them on the counter. There's absolutely f**k all wrong with that, and it'll work well in the Scottish game. You have to give it to Hartley, he's also got his team working harder than any other I've seen this season. Even McGowan worked his socks off.

Killie didn't play with the zip or the intricacy that we have been this season until we scored. Eremenko's passes were unusually sloppy, Obadeyi had a mare, Johnston cut inside far too much, and Barbour clearly shouldn't have started. Chantler also sat off a lot more than usual because he knew he was done for pace, and that was an easy outlet for Dundee all day. Dundee came out for the second half all guns blazing and were far the better team. Before Losa scored we were very lucky not to have been 4-0 down. Clingan seemed to shirk the physical battle in the middle and was rightly hooked for the very impressive (once again) Muirhead. If he'd scored the chance where Magennis roasted McGinn, whipped the ball in and then his scissor kick went just wide it would have been hard to top. But it didn't and Dundee deserved the win. You'll win more than you lose playing with that kind of endeavour.

Poor Dundee crowd down in terms of numbers, but certainly vocal until the last 15. Well done to those who did make the journey down, you were better than your Arab equivalents. Other than the wee wean in a Fila zippy, oot his nut, running up South Hamilton Street at full-time squaring up to folk :lol:

Just watched the highlights from Alba..... The game was even more one sided than I thought. Fat, lazy, unfit GGH looked even better on the highlights, lovely play to set up the first two goals.

Eremenko is almost as fat as that big lump of wood who plays up front for St Mirren. He's about 3 stone away from being anywhere near as good as Harkins right now.

Just watched the highlights from Alba..... The game was even more one sided than I thought. Fat, lazy, unfit GGH looked even better on the highlights, lovely play to set up the first two goals.

Eremenko is almost as fat as that big lump of wood who plays up front for St Mirren. He's about 3 stone away from being anywhere near as good as Harkins right now.

I seen him walking out after the match with a slab of Fosters. He had more chins than a Chinese phonebook.

Overweight, lazy, slow, but great ability - I like Alexei Eremenko 8) - a couple of months at Dens with Tam Ritchie running him into the deck and he'd be a player

Really enjoyed yesterday, nice club, very helpful staff, decent away support, good performance and a dramatic ending - I love a keeper up for a corner.

And it's always good to see Harkins run the show

Here's some pics from the game http://davidyoung.photoshelter.com/gallery/01-11-2014-Kilmarnock-v-Dundee/G0000fCTH_ynzErQ/

Strange that the Dundee fans can't figure out the reason why Harkins is so 'disliked' among the Killie (and St Mirren) support.

On his Killie debut (a friendly against Ross County I think) he took the ball on his instep, and volleyed a looping shot over their 'keeper. Add that to the nearly all positive reviews he got and we were, almost to a man, excited about his signing. All we got after that was the odd flash of brilliance which was followed up by weeks of mediocrity. Instead of working hard to force his way back into the team he sulked and we inevitably replaced him with Borja Perez (who played less games, scored more goals and assisted double that of Harkins). It's not a dislike, or a hatred that we have for him, it's a frustration of what could have been.

Fair play to Dundee though, they work for GH and he works for them. At Killie he wasn't allowed to be the big dog, but at Dundee they massage his ego and get the best out of him.

Strange that the Dundee fans can't figure out the reason why Harkins is so 'disliked' among the Killie (and St Mirren) support.

On his Killie debut (a friendly against Ross County I think) he took the ball on his instep, and volleyed a looping shot over their 'keeper. Add that to the nearly all positive reviews he got and we were, almost to a man, excited about his signing. All we got after that was the odd flash of brilliance which was followed up by weeks of mediocrity. Instead of working hard to force his way back into the team he sulked and we inevitably replaced him with Borja Perez (who played less games, scored more goals and assisted double that of Harkins). It's not a dislike, or a hatred that we have for him, it's a frustration of what could have been.

Fair play to Dundee though, they work for GH and he works for them. At Killie he wasn't allowed to be the big dog, but at Dundee they massage his ego and get the best out of him.

Think he has 3 goals and 5 assists this season so far for us which is a very good return. If he was consistent he would be nowhere near Scottish football. Has all the ability you could ask for.

Hartley has him working hard, fighting for the team and is very fit this season. Id be surprised if there was s fitter team on this league.

The shoe just fits with harkins at dunder it's weird. I totally understand thr killie and st mirren report but he seems to turn it on for us more times than not.

Think he has 3 goals and 5 assists this season so far for us which is a very good return. If he was consistent he would be nowhere near Scottish football. Has all the ability you could ask for.

Hartley has him working hard, fighting for the team and is very fit this season. Id be surprised if there was s fitter team on this league.

The shoe just fits with harkins at dunder it's weird. I totally understand thr killie and st mirren report but he seems to turn it on for us more times than not.

You have to credit Hartley for that, he's seems to be able to massage plenty of egos at once (probably because he has first hand experience of it).

It's all pantomime stuff with Harkins borne through frustration. In reality, if the majority of Killie fans met him in the street they'd shake his hand and thank him for the part he played in our winning cup run.

You have to credit Hartley for that, he's seems to be able to massage plenty of egos at once (probably because he has first hand experience of it).

It's all pantomime stuff with Harkins borne through frustration. In reality, if the majority of Killie fans met him in the street they'd shake his hand and thank him for the part he played in our winning cup run.

Though he was good against you yesterday. Quicker than people give him credit for and certainly shrugging off this lazy fat tag he has because I certainly wouldn't say he is lazy. Of course he has games where he is poor, same as wingers.

Any team in this league would have a motivated and fit harkins in there team no doubt about that.

Eremenko does look about 2 stone over weight. Shame because his passing at times is excellent. Surely if he was fully fit he would add driving runs and a few more goals to his game because there is a much better player in there somewhere.

Well at least we have managed to massage your ego by reading your tear stained report, diddums

Though he was good against you yesterday. Quicker than people give him credit for and certainly shrugging off this lazy fat tag he has because I certainly wouldn't say he is lazy. Of course he has games where he is poor, same as wingers.

Any team in this league would have a motivated and fit harkins in there team no doubt about that.

Eremenko does look about 2 stone over weight. Shame because his passing at times is excellent. Surely if he was fully fit he would add driving runs and a few more goals to his game because there is a much better player in there somewhere.

Eremenko will be a millionaire, and he's managed that by putting in the minimum effort required. That's some talent :lol: The only reason he's here is because his wife loves it in Scotland and his wee boy has just started school in Kilmarnock. He'll have off days like yesterday, but I think he'll probably sign a new deal in January and he'll see his career out with us.

Harkins will probably (or at least should) do the same at Dens.

Surely if Hartley gets credit for getting the best out of him then the St Mirren and Killie bosses during his spells should be blamed for not getting the best out of him. And Hartley wasn't the gaffer when he was with us twice before. He wasn't the Oldham gaffer either when their fans were purring (copyright David Cameron) over him.

Surely if Hartley gets credit for getting the best out of him then the St Mirren and Killie bosses during his spells should be blamed for not getting the best out of him. And Hartley wasn't the gaffer when he was with us twice before. He wasn't the Oldham gaffer either when their fans were purring (copyright David Cameron) over him.

I guess it depends on your own managerial style. He wasn't allowed to be 'Billy big baws' at Killie and he didn't like it. Dundee are willing to build their team around him so each to their own.

I hope you're not suggesting though that Kenny Shiels might have had player control issues? Well I never... :lol:

Archived