Kilmarnock V Dundee

Quitongo's Left Peg, on 02 Nov 2014 - 12:38, said:

I guess it depends on your own managerial style. He wasn't allowed to be 'Billy big baws' at Killie and he didn't like it. Dundee are willing to build their team around him so each to their own.

I hope you're not suggesting though that Kenny Shiels might have had player control issues? Well I never... :lol:

That's quite nonsense though. Hartley's intention was to build the team round Kevin Thomson. Obviously through his injury problems that's not happened. But to say he's built a team round Harkins is wrong. Harkins is usually the first one benched and the first to be played out wide if we're changing it up slightly. If anything, our team revolves around Paul McGowan and even then I'd say it's a bit off to say we've built our team round McGowan, but it's certainly more so the case than Harkins.

Harkins just has the ability and has been using it this season to create and assist almost all of the goals we've scored.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it depends on your own managerial style. He wasn't allowed to be 'Billy big baws' at Killie and he didn't like it. Dundee are willing to build their team around him so each to their own.

I hope you're not suggesting though that Kenny Shiels might have had player control issues? Well I never... :lol:

Glad we've established it was a shite management issue.

Oh dear. So you're searching through my Twitter for comments made on a game that you weren't at? Glad you enjoyed your Saturday night though.

I can't imagine that anyone, other than the most ardent Dee, would think that they were dominant in the first half. To put it simply, no team controlled the first 45. Dundee's whole game plan centres around hard work, closing down space and stifling the opposition before beasting them on the counter. There's absolutely f**k all wrong with that, and it'll work well in the Scottish game. You have to give it to Hartley, he's also got his team working harder than any other I've seen this season. Even McGowan worked his socks off.

Killie didn't play with the zip or the intricacy that we have been this season until we scored. Eremenko's passes were unusually sloppy, Obadeyi had a mare, Johnston cut inside far too much, and Barbour clearly shouldn't have started. Chantler also sat off a lot more than usual because he knew he was done for pace, and that was an easy outlet for Dundee all day. Dundee came out for the second half all guns blazing and were far the better team. Before Losa scored we were very lucky not to have been 4-0 down. Clingan seemed to shirk the physical battle in the middle and was rightly hooked for the very impressive (once again) Muirhead. If he'd scored the chance where Magennis roasted McGinn, whipped the ball in and then his scissor kick went just wide it would have been hard to top. But it didn't and Dundee deserved the win. You'll win more than you lose playing with that kind of endeavour.

Poor Dundee crowd down in terms of numbers, but certainly vocal until the last 15. Well done to those who did make the journey down, you were better than your Arab equivalents. Other than the wee wean in a Fila zippy, oot his nut, running up South Hamilton Street at full-time squaring up to folk :lol:

and the work top, bunker etc.

764012845006254.jpg

McGowan since joining dundee has gave 100% in every game, dosnt stop,

I've been really surprised about that. He's a really hard working player and seems to never stop going. Thought we were signing one of the most ineffective laziest players in the league going by what was said on here. Might be true but Hartley has got them working quite well. A few Killie fans were commenting on Harkins looking a lot fitter than he used to.

Thatsthe problem we most supporters, they judge a player before they have even kicked a ball for there new club. He just cant keep his mouth shut, you see the red mist go we him.

Seems to just stop himself before doing anything crazy and getting himself in trouble. Looks like a right angry b*****d though.

If McGowan was my team mate I don't think I'd be able to put up with him screaming in my puss for incidents so minute half the people in the ground don't notice.

As it is though, I'm watching him represent us with the utmost of passion and will to win. That has to be loved.

I guess we'd be bad team mates. He wants to win, he expects the best. He's as tough on himself as he is his team mates. It's brilliant to see.

Do you go over the top and scream in people's faces over nothing incidents? If so then you're spot on we wouldn't be.

Love his will to win and love seeing it as a fan, however.

Deeboy, on 02 Nov 2014 - 17:37, said:Deeboy, on 02 Nov 2014 - 17:37, said:

You brought up Sunday League and said you'd be regularly floored. I don't see the correlation between what MacGowan does and your statement.

Then that's more your problem than mine, is it not?

ETA: Didn't mean for this post to come across so dickish, but I think my point is clear through what I said previously.

Am sure I remember one Dundee fan going on about how he didn't rate Stewart...and that he was a donkey. Hmmm, always liked the look off him even if pace isn't his strongest point. Him and Clarkson are proving to be the buys of the century...

Am sure I remember one Dundee fan going on about how he didn't rate Stewart...and that he was a donkey. Hmmm, always liked the look off him even if pace isn't his strongest point. Him and Clarkson are proving to be the buys of the century...
I remember one buffoon who wanted Dundee to sign Anya, and knock the Derry down for a new stand that sits at 70 degrees. This buffoon also wanted to play five balls in attack for speed. That bufoon is you trippy.

It really is. Doing that at Sunday League level would see you regularly floored.

He's the epitome of wee man syndrome.

Wee man syndrome? I'd say it is winners syndrome. He fights for every ball, every decision and doesn't tolerate players playing shite. He's almost as important as GGH in our midfield, his work-rate is incredible and matched by his desire to win. I love watching him, love that he plays for Dundee and would love him to play in the same team as me on a Sunday!

DundeeDerryBoy, on 02 Nov 2014 - 18:34, said:

Wee man syndrome? I'd say it is winners syndrome. He fights for every ball, every decision and doesn't tolerate players playing shite. He's almost as important as GGH in our midfield, his work-rate is incredible and matched by his desire to win. I love watching him, love that he plays for Dundee and would love him to play in the same team as me on a Sunday!

I've not questioned his ability, his attitude or his application. It's his anger problem - Something I love seeing in a Dundee player. He does have wee man syndrome though, think this was proven with his attack on the police.

Archived