New Rangers and the poppy.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the fucking truth now crawl down a hole and die you junkie c**t.

I'm afraid it's not. You've clearly lapped up all this unionist, pro-war tripe about how amazing imperial Britain was and how our armies and navy are the pride of the whole nation. What they did is not something to be glorified. You must be a very disturbed individual if you consider the maiming and slaughter of fellow human beings to be in any way glorious or something to be proud of.

How about you posting about your own club instead of working yourself into a frenzy about two clubs you seem to hate more than the one you apparently support

How about getting out the house and perhaps getting your jam roll instead of sniffing your mums leggings whilst ripping the head off it?

Aye great post well done, check out the RSEA website for what 'my club' does. 'working into a frenzy'? GTF, I've always known what your club and its support are all about!

Rangers FC dont have an exclusive right on the poppy at all, but we make a damm sight better support of the cause than your f*ckin lot.

As for my Mum's leggings, save it for yer wankbank!!

When was the poppy a symbol of "the futility of war"? The charity was founded by Earl Haig to look after veterans of the First World War. Take a look at the memorials they built, they were to lionize the dead and praise their patriotism.

"Our glorious dead" and so forth.

You seem to be filling in some big blanks in your knowledge of history with what you want to have happened.

You have even bigger blanks in your knowledge, John McCrae made a poem called "in Flanders fields" this is where the poppy was made a symbol of the futility of war because of the dead. It was published and quickly became popular and is why the poppy was in remembrance of the fallen, it has fcuk all to do with glorifying war in any way at all other than the remembrance of the dead who died in futile megalomaniacs ambitions.

Not happy at all. Lest We Forget. P&B Disgusts me at times.

How's about you get a grip of yourself? The wearing of the poppy has indeed been hijacked by the loyalist mutants in this parochial wee country.

I won't be wearing one but I'll do what I do every year and make a donation to Erskine Hospital.

You have even bigger blanks in your knowledge, John McCrae made a poem called "in Flanders fields" this is where the poppy was made a symbol of the futility of war because of the dead. It was published and quickly became popular and is why the poppy was in remembrance of the fallen, it has fcuk all to do with glorifying war in any way at all other than the remembrance of the dead who died in futile megalomaniacs ambitions.

Oh you are talking tosh.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow

Between the crosses, row on row,

That mark our place; and in the sky

The larks, still bravely singing, fly

Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago

We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,

Loved and were loved, and now we lie

In Flanders fields

Take up our quarrel with the foe:

To you from failing hands we throw

The torch; be yours to hold it high.

If ye break faith with us who die

We shall not sleep, though poppies grow

In Flanders fields.

It is explicitly calling for people to pursue the goals of those who died. It was used to sell war bonds

If_Ye_Break_Faith_-_Victory_bonds_poster

How's about you get a grip of yourself? The wearing of the poppy has indeed been hijacked by the loyalist mutants in this parochial wee country.

I won't be wearing one but I'll do what I do every year and make a donation to Erskine Hospital.

Nice one, fair enough!

Oh you are talking tosh.

It is explicitly calling for people to pursue the goals of those who died. It was used to sell war bonds

If_Ye_Break_Faith_-_Victory_bonds_poster

You are a prime example of being hoodwinked into believing something other than what was originally intended for the poppy. It became a symbol for the fallen and the dead and the poppy is used in remembrance of their ultimate sacrifice.

If you think it is for rallying the troops into action then you are clearly an idiot, I have never seen on remembrance Sunday anyone using the occasion for rallying the troops into battle !, have you ?

Do you wear a poppy because it makes you feel anything other than respect for those who lost their lives ?, or do you wear the poppy for anything other than remembrance of the dead ?, I rest my case. The fuckers at Ibrox are doing anything other than remembering the dead with the poppy and has become an embarrassment to those who have died with that side show at Ibrokes.

Genuine query - was it a poppy in the display at Celtic Park a year or two ago? I think it was around remembrance time. The stadium was decked out in green and white with a red circular 'orb' at one end. If it wasn't a poppy, what was it?

:lol:

naw it was just a red glow around a green cross or something

You are a prime example of being hoodwinked into believing something other than what was originally intended for the poppy. It became a symbol for the fallen and the dead and the poppy is used in remembrance of their ultimate sacrifice.

If you think it is for rallying the troops into action then you are clearly an idiot, I have never seen on remembrance Sunday anyone using the occasion for rallying the troops into battle !, have you ?

Do you wear a poppy because it makes you feel anything other than respect for those who lost their lives ?, or do you wear the poppy for anything other than remembrance of the dead ?, I rest my case. The fuckers at Ibrox are doing anything other than remembering the dead with the poppy and has become an embarrassment to those who have died with that side show at Ibrokes.

I see you've just woke up from your drunken slumber... :1eye

John McCrae made a poem called "in Flanders fields" this is where the poppy was made a symbol of the futility of war because of the dead. It was published and quickly became popular and is why the poppy was in remembrance of the fallen,

Take up our quarrel with the foe:

To you from failing hands we throw

The torch; be yours to hold it high.

If ye break faith with us who die

We shall not sleep, though poppies grow

In Flanders fields.

You claimed the poem was about the futility of war.
Now you are refusing to back down and conflating it with the poppy again.

You claimed the poem was about the futility of war.
Now you are refusing to back down and conflating it with the poppy again.

Why don't ya rally the troops on remembrance day raising your voice for all to join you in a war against ra enemies and let me know how you got on chump.

Explain to me in simple English what remembrance day is to you will ya ?, this should be enlightening.

World war 1 was absolute outrage how human soldiers were basically just sent to their death on the front line. World War Two was a necessity to stop hitler. I will always donate to the poppy for these two reasons. I've never supported british involvement in any war since but for World War One and two I will be eternally gratefull to those who served in those wars. Any british person who doesn't recognise this fact and is against Poppy's is basically just a c**t. What would they have preferred hitler to have won and we all talking German.

Archived