Big Motherwell Administration Thread

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if you're a member of DFCSS but I've just been sent a questionaire/poll thing where they're trying to canvas about where the Society should be putting 'our' money. I'm keen on the Society getting more of a say and whether that means buying as many shares as we can to build towards ownership (I believe the Society's holding has dropped to less than 20% now). I pay a tenner a month for Gold and I would be happy to throw in more if it was going to either shares or buying back Dens. As I posted earlier, a Society Board seemed to be under fire a lot more than an 'owner' which seemed to me to make things more difficult for the Board to operate. I'm not saying we as fans/shareholders shouldn't be able to question the Board but some of the stuff that Dave Forbes and Fraser McDonald were getting was pretty vile. I've not liked some of the people who have been involved with the DFCSS/DFC XYZ (I can't keep up with all the various groups) but I don't think for a second that they didn't want the best (as they saw it) for the club, I'm sure there were big dreams being fulfilled along the way and ego's on steroids but that's unfortunately human nature and from what I hear there's been a fair bit of that going on anyway.

This.

Does this mean Motherwell have been cheating for at least the last 2 seasons?

Yassin jumping to conclusions and starting a thread that is not required. Money is tight, that much is true, but the Well Society are having a last push to ensure fan ownership. If it does not come off then Boyle will sell his share holding to a private buyer, if there is one out there. End of.

Are they queuing up outside Fir Park. He will either sell to the first basket case who comes along to get out or you could be waiting a long time given Saints "for sale" sign has been up for years.

I got the loan begging letter from the Well Society last week and what I took from it was that the time for Boyle to cancel the fan ownership piece and sell his shares rather than the club being in the immediate grubber (although that was clearly implied). From the start, and despite putting money in immediately, I've never been convinced that the fan ownership model being proposed is the right way forward for a club of our size and demographics. I could easily see it working at a club like Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen who will have many more people willing to put in in thousands rather than hundreds than exists in our slightly dog-eared corner of Lanarkshire. I've said it before, the fan provided overdraft facility seems like a sound, practical idea for us - which was the real motivation for the scheme I guess and has been working in the background to help with cash flow - but the other side of it was poorly thought through.

The only other mildly interesting (and potentially worrying) thing is that someone I know who has always provided me with 100% accurate but *spectacularly* boring 'Well gossip (under 20's players leaving, name of the strip maker, etc) told me that there were "south american" buyers lined up who had a business plan of (arse cheeks clenched) "showcasing south american players in the spl to be sold on to England". If that was true, then I'd be remortgaging the house to try to stop that happening :)

Yassin jumping to conclusions and starting a thread that is not required. Money is tight, that much is true, but the Well Society are having a last push to ensure fan ownership. If it does not come off then Boyle will sell his share holding to a private buyer, if there is one out there. End of.

Saints have been up for sale for the past 4 years. New legoland stadium - no debt - own training facilities with youth academy.

There have been a few inquires but a director I spoke to said no one ever shows the cash.

Fan ownership is the way forward. We nearly got it but so many fans would not buy into the idea even at £10.00 a month. Strange world we live in. Good luck hope you do what we could not.

This.

Does this mean Motherwell have been cheating for at least the last 2 seasons?

Yes. We should be stripped of all trophies from those seasons.

I got the loan begging letter from the Well Society last week and what I took from it was that the time for Boyle to cancel the fan ownership piece and sell his shares rather than the club being in the immediate grubber (although that was clearly implied). From the start, and despite putting money in immediately, I've never been convinced that the fan ownership model being proposed is the right way forward for a club of our size and demographics. I could easily see it working at a club like Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen who will have many more people willing to put in in thousands rather than hundreds than exists in our slightly dog-eared corner of Lanarkshire. I've said it before, the fan provided overdraft facility seems like a sound, practical idea for us - which was the real motivation for the scheme I guess and has been working in the background to help with cash flow - but the other side of it was poorly thought through.

The only other mildly interesting (and potentially worrying) thing is that someone I know who has always provided me with 100% accurate but *spectacularly* boring 'Well gossip (under 20's players leaving, name of the strip maker, etc) told me that there were "south american" buyers lined up who had a business plan of (arse cheeks clenched) "showcasing south american players in the spl to be sold on to England". If that was true, then I'd be remortgaging the house to try to stop that happening :)

Having seen the lovely ladies of the world cup thread, hopefully they bring some journalists with them to 'report' on matters.

By the wording of the Well Society newsletter, it seemed as though the club have owners lined up already. No idea if I just misinterpreted it though. Even if we do go bust, at least AFC Motherwell will have a derby in the Lowland League Vs East Kilbride.

The bold part is true, Swello.

Initial enquiries were made - they were effectively told to get lost for both fears of a 'Bonetti' and, damage to reputation.

The bold part is true, Swello.

Initial enquiries were made - they were effectively told to get lost for both fears of a 'Bonetti' and, damage to reputation.

Really? That's a shame. Could have been a laugh.

How does the well society work? Did I read you pay a lump sum rather than say £10/£20 a month? If so why did they go this route? Surely D&D each month is a better system.

It doesn't

• 1 month later...

Possibly covered already here, but can't be bothered looking back

Stewart Regan said to someone that represents a Highland League club at a recent meeting that Motherwell have staked the playing budget on finishing no lower than 6th.

He added that They would have major problems if they finish lower than that unless finance is found.

I hope it all works out for Motherwell, good team with good fans on here

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. I'm sure I read something about us budgeting for progression in the cups too, which is ridiculous considering how abysmal our performances have been in recent seasons.

Tbh nothing would surprise me about our perilous financial state at the mo, although it sounds like we may well be on a stronger footing pretty soon. Not convinced fan ownership is a goer though, there just isn't enough of a critical mass to make it sustainable.

Archived