NBA Season 2014/15

Colin M

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Salary cap not affecting GS?

I'm fairy certain Curry and Klay are on relatively small wages compared to other teams superstars, SC contract is up next season though so who knows then.

I'm fairy certain Curry and Klay are on relatively small wages compared to other teams superstars, SC contract is up next season though so who knows then.

I really doubt Steph Curry will be allowed to leave Golden State. 

That said, I might have said the same about Durant.

Someone was running through the Warriors' salary cap status - trading Bogut saved them 11 million and, despite that insane lineup, they are actually pretty well placed.  I think the cap is expanding next year as well.

3 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

Best power forward ever? I'd have to say so, he's up there with Kobe for me and you can't really praise someone higher than that 

• 3 months later...

Season tipped off last night. Warriors super team got destroyed by Kawhi Leonard. He's 16/1 for MVP right now - I'm going to have a wee go on that. Curry and Durant will cancel each other out, LeBron will rest until the playoffs and the Thunder won't win enough games for Westbrook to be a contender.

Knicks "super team" predictably pumped by the Cavs. We suck on defense and need Kristaps to become a monster.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2016 at 21:26, Dazzle said:

Best power forward ever? I'd have to say so, he's up there with Kobe for me and you can't really praise someone higher than that 

There's also Bird. For some reason he's always ranked as SF but I don't remember him truly playing SF, outside maybe short stints, he always was mainly PF. In fact, Bird played much more PF in his career than Duncan did.

I guess it might be a 90s thing. If you live in the 1990s and try to rank "best ever at each position", then at PF you had Bird, Chuck, Karl Malone, McHale (sort of), Pettit, impressive group. At SF you had Baylor, Dr.J, Rick Barry, Havlicek and Scottie Pippen, unless I'm forgetting someone, not quite as impressive (and more old timey) group. So natural thing for a 90s journalist to do would've been to rank Chuck as "the best PF" and Bird as "best SF ever" even if he wasn't really.

Archived