Jim Murphy

ForzaDundee

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder what he has to say on the offer of Labour to involve Heseltine in government? Heseltine???!! You couldn't make it up.

He'll be too busy finding enough goats to slaughter to the spirit of Thatch to worry about living political deities.

Every dead goat gets you a converted Conservative voter, I understand.

Has Jim told us yet if he's standing to see out the full term or only for a year?

I believe his standard answer is "I will let the electorate of Renfrewshire East know before anyone else"

Broon was only saying the other night how Labour would hand food banks money yet Jim says in that article he wants rid.

Yip and Jim will have little or no say on the budget. Poor Jim.

Had a fabulous telephone conversation this afternoon.

"hello Mr --------?

Speaking,

I'm calling from Jim Murphys team. I'm just calling to make sure you had received your postal vote.

I have.

Have you sent it back yet?

Yes, I have.

Can I ask, did you vote for Jim?

No, I didn't.

Can I ask which party you voted for?

SNP,

Buzzzzzz."

Absolutely no mention of jims likely plans to step down in any of the local literature - leaflets, local papers etc

There is very little mention of the Labour Party in some of his local leaflets either.

There is very little mention of the Labour Party in some of his local leaflets either.

Shows how confident he is of familiarity winning him the day. He's got no interest in the long term future of the area. If he manages to hold onto his seat then a new labour candidate will be less likely to hold it come the inevitable by election

Edit: perhaps opening the door for ad lib :P

As Lib should just defect to the SNP. He's an independence supporter and fairly smart so it shouldn't be too difficult to get a place on the list for 2016

You are having a laugh aren't you

And a lot of them aren't.

This isn't the point though. If you think that it is going to be easy to get selected for holyrood either FPTP or list then you have no idea how many are preparing to stand, or the quality of some of these candidates. I can actually see some of the current MSP's not being reselected

Put it like this, there is zero chance that a failed Lib Dem candidate jumping ship will be propelled onto the list for 2016

In this hypothetical situation he'd be better off going to the greens

Archived