World Famous Dundee United v Aberdeen, Semifinal

banana

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at that semi in 2000.

My main memory is the tannoy announcer referring to United as simply 'Dundee' prompting all sorts of seethe from the Arabs.

Any chance of a date/time to get confirmed for this ffs?

Should be a good day out. Always thought Aberdeen and United have a fierce but healthy rivalry. Will be a great day out and advert for Scottish fitba unlike the other hate filled semi :death

Word that semis could be played at Parkhead or Ibrox and also that one of the games could be moved to a midweek if the BBC so dictates as they'd not be keen to screen live games on back to back days. Sounds like pish to me, but announcement expected in the next week.

The next few weeks?

Why the f**k does it take so long? Shambles IMO.

The lunatics are running the asylum. No doubt there'll be some sort of ridiculous changes to the norm, just because the ugly sisters have drawn each other.

It's pretty straight froward. United v Aberdeen Saturday at 3. Not on TV. Celtic Rangers Sunday. On BBC. The same as last year, and the year before...

I imagine the police might be concerned about a Sunday OF game, especially a Sunday afternoon: the later the game is in the weekend, the more time for idiots to consume drink and get themselves hyped-up? Same sort of scenario as caused them to make OF league derbies Saturday lunchtimes, and even to play the festive derby on a midweek evening during its last couple of seasons after the 'Game of Shame'.

As I mentioned on another thread, yesterday's Scotland on Sunday claimed:

* BBC to sign a supplementary deal to televise both SFs

* both to be played at Hampden (potentially both lunchtime KOs?)

* tickets prices to be "considerably" higher than previous £20 levels

* SPFL likely to sign a special naming rights deal with a sponsor for the SFs & Final

They should play the OF game at 10 o'clock on a Sunday morning. See how many of the fuckers make it out of their cardboard boxes for that.

Play it on a Wednesday morning at 10.

[insert joke about Old Firm fans still making the game as they have no jobs here]

7804.jpg

2 semi finals. A handful of (at

most) suitable stadiums to play them in.

2 weekend days assigned to the fixture calendar at the start of the season.

Its a simple task.

This.

The draw was nine days ago.

Word that semis could be played at Parkhead or Ibrox and also that one of the games could be moved to a midweek if the BBC so dictates as they'd not be keen to screen live games on back to back days. Sounds like pish to me, but announcement expected in the next week.

Read the Herald piece, it essentially just said everything that's already been said in this thread.

Would prefer if the BBC, instead of showing our game live, just went with a special highlights programme that evening with 20-30 mins of action. It'd work well for them as would also let them preview the next day's Old Firm game.

If Ibrox was the venue I wouldn't be dead against it, but it didn't work well at all for Dons v St Johnstone. We essentially had four blocks of fans all separated from each other and coupled with lunchtime kick-off and few pubs near stadium wishing to open, atmosphere was flat.

Would need to allocate it a bit better this time. Both ends behind the goal maybe, with just the lower deck of the Govan. And fill the corners this time.

What the highlights show is a half empty Hampden. At the replay there was 13,963, though the first game did manage a whopping 21,397.

No idea why people think a diddy cup semi would attract 35,000+

Especially if it's on the BBC.

yes the teams you play to win the scottish cup are so much better than the ones that play in the league cup

Oh well, Bound to be on the sunday now, bus loads of Aberdeen fans being dropped off in Dundee to get a train makes sense.... Dundee coppers maybe want to say something

Amended 21:43 Aberdeen to London Euston ScotRail Sleeper service on Sunday 1 February 2015

Engineering work is taking place between Dundee and Aberdeen from 22:25 on Saturday, all day on Sunday and until 05:30 on Monday morning. Buses replace trains between Dundee and Aberdeen. On Monday morning, the ScotRail 05:39 Dundee to Inverness service starts from Stonehaven at 06:50. A replacement bus will run from Dundee to Stonehaven departing earlier to connect into the train. The 06:03 Carnoustie to Dundee service will be replaced by a bus throughout.Planning your Journey For full details of these changes and the impact on your journey, please use the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner

Buses replace trains between Dundee and Aberdeen from 22:25 on Saturday 31 January and Sunday 1 February 2015

http://www.tfl-buses.co.uk/national-rail/status/?intcmp=1635&startDate=2015-02-01T00%3A00%3A00&endDate=2015-02-01T23%3A59%3A59#line-lul-scotrail

Archived