World Famous Dundee United v Aberdeen, Semifinal

banana

Well that is a big blow to Aberdeen losing that game, not that much between the teams overall a few decisions went against us but the keeper has got to do better in both goals. I've not been that impressed with Brown since he has come in, looked dodgy at crosses although done well enough at shot-stopping but Langfield is the same although Brown distribution is a lot better than Langfield. I suppose our manager has a decision to keep him in goals or put Langfield back in. Overall with the bigger picture our forward players have to do better during the game but maybe the pitch didn't help that.

Good luck to Dundee United in final.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was sitting over next to the dug outs so had a perfect view of both crowds. Aberdeen fans only really all sang when you scored and for the 8 minutes or so after. United were generally the louder side.

Where I was (north stand C1, basically the last section next to west stand) the atmosphere was fine. Not exactly rocking like Tynecastle last year, but decent enough.

I first I heard the United fans was the last five mins when our bit had fallen silent.

But then a mate who was at the fence between the two sets of supports said the United fans were great while ours was quiet.

Can only imagine the way Hampden is designed the sound doesn't travel well from end to end, and the Dons fans at that side of the stadium must have been pretty quiet.

But, like I said, our section and the first few in the west stand were singing away for most of the game.

As for numbers, I think United fans said all along they would sell 9-10k so their numbers were as expected. Not many teams bring that many to a semi to be fair. Hearts only sold around that for their semi last season and that was a game in their own city.

Hearts only sold around that for their semi last season and that was a game in their own city.

We sold ~11,000 last year. A pish turnout from us, granted, but we were chronically shite at the time and it was live on TV at lunchtime.

Archived