World Famous Dundee United v Aberdeen, Semifinal

banana

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Danger, why do your posts keep appearing with a full stop between each paragraph?

Problem with my iPad. If I dont do it it comes out as one unintelligible paragraph.

As oppossed to a number of unintelligible sentences.

Must be shite supporting a team like Dundee. Watching on enviously as your neighbours continue to reach semi finals and finals. Then when you get the chance to put them in their place, you get regularly humiliated by them home or away :lol:

Shall i mark you down for our support come March 15th Biggie?

giphy.gif

Just watched the Sportscene highlights there. Cierzniak had to be at fault for Daniels' goal but made up for it with the save from Jack(?). Rooney's disallowed goal was a strange one - didn't seem like there was a foul at all. Scott Brown's mistake for Ciftci's goal was laughable. Going by the highlights it was a pretty entertaining game on an absolutely awful pitch and I think a draw (which obviously couldn't happen) would've been fair.

The whole sportscene last night was kinda biased towards Aberdeen, made it look like they dominated and had 80% of the chances

It is all well and good having more fans but when you hardly sing then it is pretty pointless

This is true, United fans were terrific from start to finish, Sheep only found their voices for 10 mins at the start of the second half to be honest

Still maintain that was a very good support from us numbers wise, most ever we have had at a LC Semi, and that was a much bigger than normal Aberdeen support for this stage of the same competition

Just under 30k overall is quality, the SC Semi between the sides in 1994 had just over 21k

A9 a Feckin nightmare last night so didn't get back in time to catch the "highlights".

Best players on show were the fat lads taking penalties at half time.

No point being too churlish, I genuinely hope United win the final now.

As for the Dons, really need to start putting teams away when they're in the ascendancy. At 1 up we should have killed the game. Doesn't help Pawlett and Mcginn didn't turn up.

United poor until the sub (Dow I think).

What shitey, shitey goals to lose, dreadful.

Anyone got a clue as to why the Rooney goal was disallowed? We were all pretty much in line with it and none of us had a clue.

On another note Hampden has been shite since its makeover but surely they can get a playable pitch? Embarrassing.

Hair of the dog now to watch these two sets of mutants go at each other

This is true, United fans were terrific from start to finish, Sheep only found their voices for 10 mins at the start of the second half to be honest

I think you're speaking shite, to be honest, couldn't hear the United fans until the last 10 minutes. Obviously being in amongst either set of fans will make one support sound louder than the other.

United fans like to take the piss out of Aberdeen for talking up their support, but they don't half talk some shite about themselves.

Aberdeen - 220k city - one club - 20k tickets sold.

Dundee - 145k - 2 clubs - 9k tickets sold by United.

Aberdeen fans acting big time over there support, hmm.....

You're a United fan from Arbroath acting as though the entire support is from the city of Dundee.

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

You're a United fan from Arbroath acting as though the entire support is from the city of Dundee.

Well, pretty sure Aberdeenshire's population is more than double that of Angus as well.

However like was previously said, both teams took way more fans to this game than would have done in many years previously. As they say, armageddon... what armageddon?!

I think you're speaking shite, to be honest, couldn't hear the United fans until the last 10 minutes. Obviously being in amongst either set of fans will make one support sound louder than the other.

United fans like to take the piss out of Aberdeen for talking up their support, but they don't half talk some shite about themselves.

I was sitting over next to the dug outs so had a perfect view of both crowds. Aberdeen fans only really all sang when you scored and for the 8 minutes or so after. United were generally the louder side.

Not that it really matters

Sorry but that's nonsense, Aberdeen fans have been posting the very same on your own forum, i wont embarrass you and start quoting them though

Sorry but that's nonsense, Aberdeen fans have been posting the very same on your own forum, i wont embarrass you and start quoting them though

There are folk on Mad who think Ryan Jack is shite, so I definitely wouldn't be embarrassed to disagree with them.

Sorry for interrupting your wee crowd w**k though.

Wit? :lol:

My point is clearly that Aberdeen should have ATLEAST double the size of support United do. I'm sure Aberdeens entire support isn't from the city of Aberdeen either. Aberdeen fans crowd wanking about it is pretty awful.

Archived