World Famous Dundee United v Aberdeen, Semifinal

banana

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well no, cos the same ref will revert to ignoring it 99/100. Consistency of decision is more important.
So consistently getting decisions wrong is more important than getting decisions right? What a bizarre argument.
So refs shouldn't give fouls if they see them because most of the time they miss them? More focus should be on making them give them the other 9/10 when they are wrong, not moaning when they get it right.
Correct.

Just watched the Sportscene highlights there. Cierzniak had to be at fault for Daniels' goal but made up for it with the save from Jack(?). Rooney's disallowed goal was a strange one - didn't seem like there was a foul at all. Scott Brown's mistake for Ciftci's goal was laughable. Going by the highlights it was a pretty entertaining game on an absolutely awful pitch and I think a draw (which obviously couldn't happen) would've been fair.

One of my pet hates is seeing players banned from a final for accumulations of yellow cards, unnecessary punishment.

Unless it's a red, they should be allowed to serve the suspension the following year. P

So consistently getting decisions wrong is more important than getting decisions right? What a bizarre argument.

Its quite obvious that there are laws of the game that are applied consistently, and others that are not by referees. You see grappling in the penalty box all the time, but if a referee picks out one of the hundreds that occur during the game and awards a penalty, or disallows a goal, we should congratulate him, for getting that one call right?! Naw.

Its irritating that referees have allowed it to get to the stage where corners and free-kicks have descended into a royal rumble within the box, but that is what has happened. When I play, I rarely even bother looking at the ball when defending set-pieces. I am concentrated on my man not getting a clean run at the ball. I've been doing it for 15 years and not penalised once, where in reality hundreds of penalties should have been given.

Its like the six second ruling which is never enforced anymore. If a referee suddenly decided to penalise a goalie for holding onto the ball (for say 10 seconds) people would go nuts. Centre backs ushering the ball out for a goal kick in a manner you wouldn't get away with anywhere else on the pitch - if a referee was to pick one at random and penalise the defender, it would be within the rules but a genuine WTF moment.

As I watch the court invasion in the tennis, I suddenly remembered the fanny from our support who ran on the pitch after the goal.

Did anyone else see the unnecessary 2 footed lunge by one of the stewards when he was already on the ground?

Deserved imho.

Players missing finals for two yellows is archaic nonsense and devalues the showpiece game, so not surprised it's still a goer in Scotland.

Where can I watch the highlights?

Useless Aberdeen c***s.

Must be shite supporting a team like Dundee. Watching on enviously as your neighbours continue to reach semi finals and finals. Then when you get the chance to put them in their place, you get regularly humiliated by them home or away :lol:

Shall i mark you down for our support come March 15th Biggie?

It is all well and good having more fans but when you hardly sing then it is pretty pointless

Aberdeen - 220k city - one club - 20k tickets sold.

Dundee - 145k - 2 clubs - 9k tickets sold by United.

Aberdeen fans acting big time over there support, hmm.....

Aberdeen - 220k city - one club - 20k tickets sold.

Dundee - 145k - 2 clubs - 9k tickets sold by United.

Aberdeen fans acting big time over there support, hmm.....

Exactly. Plus perth 20 minutes down the road. Aberdeen is also far more affluent. They seem to ignore demographics

As I watch the court invasion in the tennis, I suddenly remembered the fanny from our support who ran on the pitch after the goal.

Did anyone else see the unnecessary 2 footed lunge by one of the stewards when he was already on the ground?

He's probably the sort that hardly ever goes to a game but wants a 'look at me' moment at the big occasion. Five years inside or a season ticket to Dens.

Still can't get the smile off my face today.

Archived