Aberdeen v Celtic 9th November

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtic fans can teach us all a lesson in how to circle the wagons. Even the most reasonable and fair-minded of Celtic fans (for example, Enrico A actually that's too obvious, so let's call him, E. Annoni) feels the need to defend the indefensible just because they are part of "ra Celtic family".

The laughable "it's their right though!" defence is exactly that: laughable. The double standards from the Celtic support is ridiculous when it comes to shit like this. We all know why they disrupt the minute's silence, but then they go and glorify the indiscriminate murder of innocent women and children a few minutes later. Mind the outcry over Nir Biton? That's another example of them being thick c***s with absolutely no self-awareness.

Disagree with the sentiment behind the minute's silence if you want, but don't deliberately disrupt it in a desperate act of attention seeking.

Which wouldn't make a difference if it was during a minutes silence or not,

I think you have misunderstood my previous post which referred to the two Celtic supporters arrested for disrupting the minutes silence. The article calls the Aberdeen Celtic game a heated clash. There is no reported clash in that article between those supporters which led to arrests. The other was a bail breach which could have been a supporter that should not have been in Aberdeen or was intoxicated and the other one was probably the Aberdeen fan who threw the Mars Bar onto the pitch.

Now the disruption could fall under a breach of stadium rules through singing sectarian or offensive songs or shouting abuse. Both could also come under breach of the peace.

There is no excuse for it, the shouting that went on during that minute silence from those one or two idiots was a complete lack of respect. And also as I have said they had the choice not to enter the ground until the minute was up, but they chose to force their opinions on others who didn't and had to listen to that.

The laughable "it's their right though!" defence is exactly that: laughable. The double standards from the Celtic support is ridiculous when it comes to shit like this. We all know why they disrupt the minute's silence, but then they go and glorify the indiscriminate murder of innocent women and children a few minutes later.

It's still ironic, but they actually went on to commemorate what the silence disruptors would consider to be their own war dead a few minutes later.

I heard BOTOB, the Soldier's Song and Roll of Honour, none of which refer to the indiscriminate murder of innocent women and children.

Wasn't there today but been several times, the mince pies with the gravy through them, delicous 8)

Back when we shared that stadium, it was a very good reason to look forward to travel the 100miles to watch a home game. The Pittodrie Pie (and the Killie Pie) are the only two half time munchies I come back again for seconds despite knowing it will probably all end in indigestion. :lol:

I hate the chant and really wish that those involved would never use it again, but, why do the Celtic fans on here always say that the Jimmy Savile chant 'celebrates' child abuse? Where is the celebration in the chant? To me it's the exact opposite.

Celtic fans can teach us all a lesson in how to circle the wagons. Even the most reasonable and fair-minded of Celtic fans (for example, Enrico A actually that's too obvious, so let's call him, E. Annoni) feels the need to defend the indefensible just because they are part of "ra Celtic family".

Well that's just nonsense, it's got nothing to do with them being Celtic fans. I've got tore into plenty of our fan base in the past.

It's still ironic, but they actually went on to commemorate what the silence disruptors would consider to be their own war dead a few minutes later.

I heard BOTOB, the Soldier's Song and Roll of Honour, none of which refer to the indiscriminate murder of innocent women and children.

Yes, none of the men mentioned in RoH were ever convicted of murdering an innocent woman. None of them.

Well that's just nonsense, it's got nothing to do with them being Celtic fans. I've got tore into plenty of our fan base in the past.

Of course it doesn't. You are just supporting their right to freely express themselves, you bastion of liberty you.

The role of the Irish during World War One is overlooked in this country for the same reason that the roles of the Canadians, Australians, Indians etc are overlooked - it's a foreign country and the coverage tends to be parochial.

Maybe that's a fair shout, but for me, there are those who just don't like to admit that Irish Volunteers played their part alongside the British, or those who are unaware of it.

Archived