Mighty Killie vs S.hitey County

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much is entry? Our own website is saying to buy tickets in advance since they are cheaper - £22

We were told the whole week leading up to the game on Saturday to buy advance tickets or buy tickets at the ground. My pal goes around to the ticket office, stands in a que to be told there are cash gates at the away end anyway :wacko:

Not sure I'll be able to make this one as it's the Missus' graduation that morning at Bute Hall, so it would be a choice of rushing back down on the train only to head back up again later for dinner or just stay in the West End and go for lunch/bev. Really torn.

As for the game, I can see a wee shake up to the Dundee line-up. Pascali will come in for Ashcroft, Muirhead should be starting and I'd be interested to see whether we drop Eremenko deep alongside Hamill and play with Robbie as an attacking midfielder or whether he starts in place of McKenzie on the wing. Personally I'd have Slater in for Clingan who was really poor on Saturday, and have Muirhead in right midfield which would give us two wide players who are inclined to cut inside and offer us the support to capitalise on the space Magennis creates.

Samson

Westlake Connolly Pascali Chantler

Hamill Slater/Clingan

Eremenko

Muirhead Obadeyi

Magennis

We should easily have too much for County, and if we don't win on Saturday then we should be seriously questioning our top 6 credentials. With the amount of ex-Killie players in that County side it should be a real measuring stick of how far we've came on from last season. Possibly Irvine being the only one we'd take back?

3-1 Killie. Muirhead treble with Jackson scoring another like this -

Tweaks needed. I'm going to be controversial and do a Derek...

Brown

Toshney Quinn Frempah Reckord/Barr

Dunfield Irvine

Arquin Gardyne Carey

Boyce

Carey, Arquin & Gardyne's running will counteract Boyce's lack of pace. Dunfield being a more defensively minded player, along with Irvine to counter-act the 3 fairly attack minded midfielders.

Tweaks needed. I'm going to be controversial and do a Derek...

Brown

Toshney Quinn Frempah Reckord/Barr

Dunfield Irvine

Arquin Gardyne Carey

Boyce

Carey, Arquin & Gardyne's running will counteract Boyce's lack of pace. Dunfield being a more defensively minded player, along with Irvine to counter-act the 3 fairly attack minded midfielders.

I heard today that Barr is injured? Can you confirm that?

How has he been at County anyway? Same question goes for Jackson.

Others can give more insightful answers but from what I've seen/heard:

Barr

Looked like he was ok last night, again stuck out at left-back. He's probably played better at LB than Ben Gordon did for most of last season.

Played relatively well against St. Mirren last week, despite being at left-back. He was caught out for one of the goals but that's no fault of his own, he isn't a left-back.

Came on briefly against ICT and played holding midfield. Took a ball in the face from point blank range to deny ICT from probably scoring the winner.

By all accounts he was abysmal against Celtic but he was played in holding midfield, a position he's clearly not suited to.

No idea how he was against Aberdeen (at Pittodrie) or Motherwell.

He's second choice right-back, third choice centre-back, and acting as emergency left-back until Reckord comes in to the team.

Irvine

Played well against St. Mirren and ICT. He had Brittain next to him, so Brittain could sit back and look to take from passes the defence, whilst Irvine acted like a "box to box" midfielder

Apparently played well against Dundee as a centre-back. I'm not sure how he played against Aberdeen (at Pittdorie), Hibs, or Motherwell.

We've seen both Jackson Irvines: the one who runs about like a headless chicken, lacking composure and technical ability; and the one who plays like the aforementioned "box to box" midfielder. He's divided opinion (IIRC, he did at Kilmarnock) and I'm still not sure about him. Great hair though.

Let's be realistic here you can't be arrogant being a Killie fan. I've never in supporting Kilmarnock for 40 years went confidently into a match thinking that it was going to be an easy win. Never. We are always one second away from total ballsing up any match. I've seen many 2 and 3 nil leads turn into defeats. Any team struggling for a win are always obliged by Killie. How many points do County have? When was their last win? Let's just say we're looking forward to Saturdays game with optimism/pessimism.

Worth remembering the worst team in the league beat the team that just turned you over on your own patch relatively comfortably (albeit in Dingwall)

Also worth remembering they have an ex killie player in attacking midfield with a point to prove although I grant you he's not in Gary Harkins class. :P

Despite our good start I can't say ive been mega confident going into any games this season (excepting Hamilton - had a good feeling about that one)

Yes county are struggling but one of the most exciting things about the league this year is that it feels like anyone can beat anyone else - Celtic included.

Anyways sorry for hijacking! Rest of the forums a bit quiet.

Killie will be favourites due to the plastic pitch advantage

We are struggling to the find a team. But take away losses to the best 2 teams in the league in my view (Celtic & Aberdeen) we have picked up points in the last 3 games. So I hope we can get a point at least on Saturday.

Archived