Dundee v Aberdeen

The Master

Realistically how many more people do you think would have gone if the ticket price was lowered by a fiver?

The kids price was the killer. Two kids for 15 with one full price adult might have made more sense.

As far as your question is concerned I can guarantee at least one.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:)

Eventually managed after 19 hours on it. I believe so anyway. Cheers

Actually no, but I may even retract that previous quote. Though I was drunk when i woke up >>> drunk = very hazy feeling on the napper.

:lol:

I did nurse them in the hour before kick off. 3 pints, 1 peroni and 2 champagne (or whatever version of fizzy bubbles stuff Dens dish up). Shameful effort. I blame the bacon roll.

Were you in hospitality? I was there as well. Where were you sitting?

How does it compare to pittodrie hospo wise? I've been invited there for the cup game in January by the 2 sheep shaggers I treated to the game on Saturday.

They were prattling on about revenge and such like - clearly can't handle the bev spouting pish like that!

I know eh? Ach well, all the best against Celtic.

^^^This guy is utterly raging.

Anyway. Now we're out the cup I'm trying to figure out which game to take in in the next round. Will the Celtic game be a sell-out or have i got a chance of getting a ticket?

^^^This guy is utterly raging.

Anyway. Now we're out the cup I'm trying to figure out which game to take in in the next round. Will the Celtic game be a sell-out or have i got a chance of getting a ticket?

You'll easily get a ticket.

Mozzamozza, on 01 Dec 2014 - 19:20, said:

So you reckon Aberdeen were banking on a big payday from the Dundee fans?

Well that just doesn't make sense now does it.

Good luck in the next round, though.

Our fans rep/director confirmed it was the case about a week before the game. We wanted it to be £20/£10. Aberdeen officials thought the difference would be negligible and then the Dundee fans reacted badly when the prices were announced whereas it made no difference to the Aberdeen support as they'd already faced the prospect of stumping up £25 for a game at Dens this season.

Were you in hospitality? I was there as well. Where were you sitting?

How does it compare to pittodrie hospo wise? I've been invited there for the cup game in January by the 2 sheep shaggers I treated to the game on Saturday.

They were prattling on about revenge and such like - clearly can't handle the bev spouting pish like that!

4 of us in Legends Lounge, on top level beside the stairs.

Where Ray Stephen was blootered by 11.15. :lol:

Compared to Pittodrie, the grub was not great, but the service of drink was way better.

I enjoyed it overall. Very comfy seats at game (bit tight on the knees like). Row B, couple of dons fans behind us in Dees company....could have been you lot?

Dundee chaps around our seats and those beside us in lounge were courteous and fair in victory.

Decent crack.

Disappointed to see that McGinn's shot didn't go over the line. It gave me great pleasure at the time thinking it did and watching Aberdeen fans behind the goal literally foam at the mouth. Well played Bain for winding them up too :) f**k yiz.

4 of us in Legends Lounge, on top level beside the stairs.

Where Ray Stephen was blootered by 11.15. :lol:

Compared to Pittodrie, the grub was not great, but the service of drink was way better.

I enjoyed it overall. Very comfy seats at game (bit tight on the knees like). Row B, couple of dons fans behind us in Dees company....could have been you lot?

Dundee chaps around our seats and those beside us in lounge were courteous and fair in victory.

Decent crack.

Do you or one of your pals look like a famous snooker player? Or Paul McGowan? Haha.

I'm one of the dees you mention sitting at the table next to you I think. I was stunningly overdressed in my crombie full length jacket haha!

At a bit over 6 foot I struggle with the legroom as well - thought I was gonna split my trousers at one point!

I was slightly disappointed by the food this time too, pretty simple stuff but the drinks service is superb! Looking forward to a slap up meal at pittodrie then. Hopefully it tastes as good as the 3 points we take back down the road :P

I heard that too, and in fact it is well known that in dropping prices you can generate more income, because a greater number of people coming through the doors at a slight price reduction brings in more money. You dont need to have an MBA from Harvard to work out that a game being broadcast on free TV, at an awful hour for enticing people to matches, and after, for many, the last pay day before Santa would produce a disappointing crowd,

Actual attendance - 5,956. Ticket £25 (I know not everyone paid this, kids etc. but go with it). 5,956 x 25 = £148,900

So lower prices to £20 and an estimated 1000 extra Dundee fans turn up. 6,956 x 20 = £139,120.

We did your club a favour.

Well played Aberdeen.

:bounce4

Actual attendance - 5,956. Ticket £25 (I know not everyone paid this, kids etc. but go with it). 5,956 x 25 = £148,900

So lower prices to £20 and an estimated 1000 extra Dundee fans turn up. 6,956 x 20 = £139,120.

We did your club a favour.

Well played Aberdeen.

:bounce4

Just as well 3,109 Dandies decided to turn up as well as the 2,847 Dees who decided to get out of their scratchers and attend otherwise it would have been a very poorly attended game.

Well done Aberdeen FC.

The prices for a game live on telly were steep epically for kids.

Like most folk I started going to football with my dad and in turn have taken both my kids and now my grandson.

I could have afforded to go to dens but chose not although to be fair the early kick off time put me off more than the price.

Do you or one of your pals look like a famous snooker player? Or Paul McGowan? Haha.

I'm one of the dees you mention sitting at the table next to you I think. I was stunningly overdressed in my crombie full length jacket haha!

At a bit over 6 foot I struggle with the legroom as well - thought I was gonna split my trousers at one point!

I was slightly disappointed by the food this time too, pretty simple stuff but the drinks service is superb! Looking forward to a slap up meal at pittodrie then. Hopefully it tastes as good as the 3 points we take back down the road :P

Aye. One o' the boys an apparent McGowan/Higgins hybrid. :lol:

Full length Mackintosh for this spikey heeded auld c*nt. :wacko:

You've nae chunce for that game.

The Dons have to win..for my bloody birthday. :thumsup2

Aye. One o' the boys an apparent McGowan/Higgins hybrid. :lol:

Full length Mackintosh for this spikey heeded auld c*nt. :wacko:

You've nae chunce for that game.

The Dons have to win..for my bloody birthday. :thumsup2

Gay fashion chat but I clocked your coat.

Glad you enjoyed your day. There's no many supporters on here who would say I'm gracious in victory so I'll take that!

Maybe you'll get pittodrie hospitality for your birthday and I'll get the chance to work on my gloating after the dees win!

Mind and pump the Arabs in the semis of the diddy cup now!

Archived