Dundee v Aberdeen

The Master

My old boy showed me An Aberdeen fan on Facebook, he works offshore with saying "We might be out the cup, but at least we had a decent support there" .. Right you are, mate.

You're obviously fairly new to the Premiership discussions - the prime subject of debate is NOT the match highlights/goal scorers/incidents/goalkeeping heroics/howlers/referee's performance but the attendance, particularly the amount of away fans, although I admit things have cooled slightly on that front now that you've swapped places with Hearts.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're obviously fairly new to the Premiership discussions - the prime subject of debate is NOT the match highlights/goal scorers/incidents/goalkeeping heroics/howlers/referee's performance but the attendance, particularly the amount of away fans, although I admit things have cooled slightly on that front now that you've swapped places with Hearts.

It's NOT a Premiership discussion, you Roaster, it's a Domestic Cup thread.

If your an old hand at this it certainly does not show.

It's NOT a Premiership discussion, you Roaster, it's a Domestic Cup thread.

If your an old hand at this it certainly does not show.

It's a discussion about two Premiershp teams who happened to meet in a domestc cup competition, and I was explaining the attendance angle which had been queried.

The poster I was replying to hasn't got his knickers in a twist about it.

If I'd thought you were going to come seething back in I would of course have framed my reply differently.

Mozzamozza, on 01 Dec 2014 - 11:38, said:

Eh, eh, its like whaur ye get seevin ingin pehs an' your lookin fur a steak peh, eh?

Seevin? Is that the emotion Aberdeen fans are going through or just a poor attempt at some Dundonian lingo?

Diddy Cup IMO

I wish Dundee best of luck for the rest of the competition, despite some of the roasters on here.

Just didn't get the breaks.

If McGinn's shot at the end had went in the scenes would've been just lovely. Wasn't to be.

Seevin? Is that the emotion Aberdeen fans are going through or just a poor attempt at some Dundonian lingo?

"Seevin" is the amount of times we have won the Scottish Cup - six in my lifetime - obviously we're not going to add that total this season.

Over to you.

Jacksgranda, on 01 Dec 2014 - 12:12, said:

"Seevin" is the amount of times we have won the Scottish Cup - six in my lifetime - obviously we're not going to add that total this season.

Over to you.

Well quite, considering you've been papped out at the first hurdle.

You struggle to get drunk in under 3 hours? Away and don't talk shite.

:)

Eventually managed after 19 hours on it. I believe so anyway. Cheers

He's likely one those folk who only consider themselves drunk if they've collapsed in a laney and pissed themselves.

Actually no, but I may even retract that previous quote. Though I was drunk when i woke up >>> drunk = very hazy feeling on the napper.

Stop nursing your drink like a wee fanny, and get it down ye, ya pansy.

:lol:

I did nurse them in the hour before kick off. 3 pints, 1 peroni and 2 champagne (or whatever version of fizzy bubbles stuff Dens dish up). Shameful effort. I blame the bacon roll.

Just heard today that our board had approached Aberdeen to lower the gate prices by a fiver but they didn't agree to it.

Money grabbing bassas.

Dundee - club of the people.

Aberdeen - money hungry capitalists.

Just heard today that our board had approached Aberdeen to lower the gate prices by a fiver but they didn't agree to it.

Money grabbing bassas.

Dundee - club of the people.

Aberdeen - money hungry capitalists.

I heard that too, and in fact it is well known that in dropping prices you can generate more income, because a greater number of people coming through the doors at a slight price reduction brings in more money. You dont need to have an MBA from Harvard to work out that a game being broadcast on free TV, at an awful hour for enticing people to matches, and after, for many, the last pay day before Santa would produce a disappointing crowd,

I can only conclude that the Aberdeen board's refusal of Dundee's offer was due to a misunderstanding of the market forces at play in Scottish football and, worse, they don't give a monkey's about having their great away support having to pay more. Its probably both and they dont deserve the support they have.

So frankly if I was honest I would say that Dundee were the money hungry capitalists as they imagined that the lower price would have brought in a bigger total gate receipt, whilst being club of the people as you say, whereas the Aberdeen board dont think and take their boys for granted,

It will be interesting to see whether we have a reduced price for the Tic visit in February. If its on the BBC, better to drop prices more than if its a Sky match.

StandFree03, on 01 Dec 2014 - 17:55, said:StandFree03, on 01 Dec 2014 - 17:55, said:

Realistically how many more people do you think would have gone if the ticket price was lowered by a fiver?

I certainly think we'd have brought a lot more than we did. It seemed as if it was almost an unofficial protest boycott being staged. The kids price being £15 was probably a big stickler for many as well. An adult with 2 kids costing £55 for a game they can watch in the comfort of their own home at 12:15 undoubtedly put a lot of people off.

If you're looking for a figure, I'd estimate that taking a fiver off the adult ticket and say a tenner off the kids ticket, there'd have been another 800-1000 Dees there minimum.

Archived