Motherwell v Day-Glo Nightmares

thisGRAEME

Wasn't overly enthused when the draw came out, then as the game wore on thought it'd be one of those days after missing chance after chance.

Superb header from Watson, who I thought was pretty decent. A cross from one full back to another for the winner. He loved scoring it as well.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen that Connolly in the development league a few times and I think you's have a perfect replacement for GMS.

He's got a fantastic first touch. Willing to take defenders on. GMS will win a move to Aberdeen on current form. No conviction in that finish yesterday at all.

Just catching up with highlights now. For the amount of times United got in behind and 1 on 1 they were really poor at finishing. Should've been a pumping. Still, here's hoping we don't get drawn against one another :P

Looking at the extended highlights GMS was more involved than I remember during the match but just no real commitment. On another day we would have scored four or five, fair play to Twarzak (sp).

Connolly is our next big thing, wants to take players on and totally unafraid. Watson's header was even better on the replay than I appreciated, chuffed for the lad.

2766 Motherwell fans sounds right mate, our end was fucking empty. Less than 3000 'Well fans for Scottish Cup 4th round day? Abysmal. Never quite thought I'd see the day. Having 4th round day in November is utterly gash.

Poor home attendance is quite correct. BUT given our performances of late is it that bad or surprising all things considered.

PLUS 2800 was still pretty much more that the attendances of the three all other SPL ties.

Thought we played well 1st half, better than in some time. Went into the game expecting nothing, but up until United scored I though it could be out day. Match changed when Lawson went off and Butcher and Connolly came on for them. Connolly showed up GMS.

Then of course there was Suttons inability to mark and defend dead balls and as for ZFA attempt to defend the 2nd goal. I say attempt, but there was NO attempt. Unforgivable given what was at stake.

Actually still miffed and scratching my head at the draw. Reading how Stirling, Boness, Spartans and Brora got on just hammers home what a bizarre draw it was with the 14 top sides playing each other.

Poor home attendance is quite correct. BUT given our performances of late is it that bad or surprising all things considered.

PLUS 2800 was still pretty much more that the attendances of the three all other SPL ties.

Thought we played well 1st half, better than in some time. Went into the game expecting nothing, but up until United scored I though it could be out day. Match changed when Lawson went off and Butcher and Connolly came on for them. Connolly showed up GMS.

Then of course there was Suttons inability to mark and defend dead balls and as for ZFA attempt to defend the 2nd goal. I say attempt, but there was NO attempt. Unforgivable given what was at stake.

Actually still miffed and scratching my head at the draw. Reading how Stirling, Boness, Spartans and Brora got on just hammers home what a bizarre draw it was with the 14 top sides playing each other.

You're quite right welldaft when it's put into the context of the other fixtures BUT what worries me though is the sheer indifference that seems to be creeping in for many clubs supporters toward the Scottish Cup, or at least 4th round day. Crowds just seem to be down everywhere in this stage of the cup and I can't say for certain how much this moving it to November has affected it but it certainly seems that way. Regardless of league form I always remember the Scottish Cup inspiring people to bring everyone and their gran to the game. The five all-Premiership ties averaged around 3,500 yesterday and, personally speaking, that speaks volumes.

Archived