Motherwell v Day-Glo Nightmares

thisGRAEME

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we sell upwards of 2500 for this. Apparently only half of that sold though.

aye but most people wont be bothering with a ticket when there is a cash gate.

has to be Dow up front with with us trying to play through the middle. it wasnt a bad ploy in the friday night game and on another night we would have had a couple of goals in the first half.

wtf is this threads title 'Day-glo nightmares'? Am I missing something obvious?

It's borrowed from the wee team across Tannadice Street. Because we wear tangerine shirts, I assume.

#topbantz.com.org

Despite all the negativity in the thread, I reckon this'll be an entertaining game. 3-0 United win.

Looking forward to this, not been at Fir Park since last season; it would be good to get an early lead so Motherwell have to come at us.

Don't know the latest with Rankin but the formation we played last week with Armstrong and Telfer taking turns to drop back and assist Paton was pretty effective. Like to see Townsend getting a goal, he's threatened over a couple of games. A marauding full back is always a nice addition. :lol:

Looking forward to this, not been at Fir Park since last season; it would be good to get an early lead so Motherwell have to come at us.

Don't know the latest with Rankin but the formation we played last week with Armstrong and Telfer taking turns to drop back and assist Paton was pretty effective. Like to see Townsend getting a goal, he's threatened over a couple of games. A marauding full back is always a nice addition. :lol:

I think either the Courier or the Evening Tele were saying yesterday that he might just make it for tomorrow after all. I'd rather we stuck to the midfield we had against Killie rather than rush Rankin back into the midfield after an injury. As you said Armstrong and Telfer dropping back to assist Paton when necessary worked very well last week and I'd prefer to stick with that again tomorrow. Rankin's form this season hasn't been particularly good enough either so I'd rather have him on the bench in case of an injury or sending off.

I wouldn't be adverse to seeing Connolly replacing GMS either at this point.

It's crucial we get the first goal. Thus far this season if we've fallen a goal behind in a game then that's almost always been it for us. The only time we've taken anything after going behind was against Accies back in September. So hopefully we can start the game just as we did at Fir Park a couple of weeks back but this time converting some of our chances.

Edit: Turns out the Courier are actually saying Rankin won't make it after all.

Cierzniak, Dillon, Townsend, Souttar, Fojut, Paton, Telfer, Armstrong, Mackay-Steven, Erskine, Dow.

Subs: Szromnik, Watson, Spark, Butcher, Connolly, Spittal, Adeyemo.

Looks like Dow up front. Adeyamo makes the bench.

Archived