Heart of Midlothian v Celtic

Elixir

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought the red card decision was spot on, not really sure how anyone can argue with it.

The penalty was a horrendous call. Was it Collum who gave it or did he go with the linesman? Was a fair gap between the player going down and the whistle being blown.

Would have been good to see Hearts keeping 11 men on and having a go at Celtic. Game was over pretty much as soon as the red was shown. I think Neilson will probably have gone through Gomis like a tonne of bricks for the red, despite using the decision as a stick to beat the ref with, going by the newspaper headlines.

Gomis made no contact with Brown at all but I suppose it could have been given, but, would it have been given it had been the other way around? Ok his feet were off the ground but he did get a touch on the ball and, as I said, he made no contact with the player. It’s the inconsistency that annoys me. If that was a red then the Miller and Boyd tackles last week were stonewall reds. The penalty was a disgrace. McKay never touched the Celtic man and he should have got a yellow for a blatant dive (simulation). Mind you, Commons goal should have stood as Alexander spilled the ball. Just another example of the ugly sister bias shown by officials. Nothing changes in Scottish football and I suspect it will be forever thus.

Having watched the highlights you'd have to a bit of an idiot to argue about the red, straightforward decision.

Dat pen though, what an absolute shocker, one of the worst I've ever seen. Definite dive as well, Collum should hang his head in shame getting conned by such a shite attempt at cheating.

Whether he made contact with the ball or man is irrelevant. You can't charge into a tackle with both feet like that, especially right in front of the ref. completely idiotic.

I'll say it again. Would it have been given if it had been a Brown tackle on Gomis? I doubt it very much.

I'll say it again. Would it have been given if it had been a Brown tackle on Gomis? I doubt it very much.

Why.

Be very specific and try not to come across as a paranoid lunatic please.

^^^ agreed. Brown is the scottish equivalent of stevie Gerrard when it comes to preferential treatment from officials.

A player everyone would love in their team but he shoves, pulls and boots his way through games. He had 4 or 5 fouls before a wee finger wagging was issued the proceeded to do 3 more in the next 5 mins unpunished.

Not a chance in hell he would have got sent off if it was the other way around.

Gomis made no contact with Brown at all but I suppose it could have been given, but, would it have been given it had been the other way around?

^^^ agreed. Brown is the scottish equivalent of stevie Gerrard when it comes to preferential treatment from officials.

Ye, cause Brown gets special treatment from officials.

And i seem to remember Joe Ledley getting a red card for the same offense at tynecastle.

ugfyuavd.png2

11112010155.jpg

A player everyone would love in their team but he shoves, pulls and boots his way through games. He had 4 or 5 fouls before a wee finger wagging was issued the proceeded to do 3 more in the next 5 mins unpunished.

100% correct.

Why.

Be very specific and try not to come across as a paranoid lunatic please.

Name calling from a Celtic fan!!! Goes along with the terrorist bile spued out by them from the start of the game to the finish not mention spitting on ball boys and booing of the 10 year old lads and lassies on the pitch at half-time. Scum.

Archived