Most Overrated and Underrated Movies

airdriefan100

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read.

I stand by the comment. Everything about them is shit.

Matrix and Fight Club are sensational. Matrix was a massive sleeper hit that was revolutionary when it came out. Fight Club was exceptional and was before spoilers were so easily accessible (although I maintain that spoilers are, for the vast majority of the time, exceptionally easy to avoid).

The Matrix might have been sullied by it's pishy sequels. It's quite obvious that they never expected to make sequels to it, but the unexpected success of the first film gave the the money men raging erections and thus they made the dire sequels.

Overrated: Star Wars, Lord of the rings & Harry Potter. I've tried watching these but ended up turning them off or walking out the mess and doing something else.

Underrated: Away Days. Some people think it's shit but I think it brings the book to life and is a great movie.

The Hunger games was a rubbish movie, it (and I imagine the book) ruin a promising premise by focusing excessively on the tween market. I watched it for free (with free pizza too btw) but felt overcharged. In fact, excessively violent premises (and most movies) should totally remove any pretense of forcing in a romantic angle to a 2 hour movie. You don't see people shot during 50 first dates so why should Shooter (an average movie btw) force in a romantic angle?

I'm happy to announce I've changed my mind on this - not on the first movie, I'm still maintaining that was rubbish, but having been pushed into watching the second and third movies I can confirm it's a solid (and improving franchise).

Granted, there are still some weaknesses, but the second (and third especially) were good movies.

There's not an actor I like more than Denzel. His presence in pretty much anything would probably make me go and watch it.

Another shout for underrated - Inside Man. Clever bank heist movie.

I'm not sure if anyone ever rated Battle: Los Angeles but I saw on a plane once and it was god awful. The worst thing I've ever seen. I also see American Hustle on the plane and I have no idea why people rate that movie, it was average at best and ludicrous at worst.

Underrated: Away Days. Some people think it's shit but I think it brings the book to life and is a great movie.

Awright Carty Lar!

Actually watched this recently after finishing the book for a second time. It's alright and certainly a bit different from the usual Stone Island dickheads casuals movies.

Revolutions is on right on, first time i've seen it in years, Keanu Reeves acting is hilariously bad at times

Watched reloaded the other night and it wasn't that bad. Will prob watch this as well if it's doing the rounds.

The first one was fucking fantastic though. Might seem a little dated now but remember going in not having a clue what it was about and having my mind utterly blown.

As for underrated, Fallen by Denzel Washington. Great wee film that is. Daft premise but it works with top performances from the guy at the start (forget his name), John Goodman, James Gandolfini and of course, Denzel.

There's not an actor I like more than Denzel. His presence in pretty much anything would probably make me go and watch it.

The Pelican Brief is underrated, imo. Tremendous film.

Magic Mike is really underrated. It's full of 'pretty boys' like Channing Tatum and Alex Pettyfer as well as Matthew McConaughey.

All turn in excellent performances in what is an ace film.

I thought it was shit. LOVED McConaughey in it though. Seems to be having the time of his life. Nash doing a strip club too. Nice.

Underrated: A Perfect World.

Kevin Costner plays an escaped convict who along with a fellow escapee, in an moment of desperation and impulse after jailbreak, kidnap a young boy who's home they enter to (I think - been ages since I watched it) steal money and their car.

Basically a story of a bad guy with a good heart and 'Stockholm Syndrome' where Costner and the young boy form a bond, highlighted fairly quickly when Costner kills his fellow escapee early in the movie when he tries to molest the young boy. After that the movie is just an on-the-run road trip but good nonetheless.

Watched this movie loads when I was younger and it's always stuck with me as being a really good film.

Absolutely love this film! Defintely underrated.

Overrated for me is The Hunger Games, I watched it and was utterly bored with everything about it.

Someone up there ^ said Prometheus is overrated, i dont know one person that enjoyed that flick haha.

Oh and Adam Sandler isnt Autistic in Reign Over Me.

Archived